PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, it's only a mirage guys.......

calypsos
October 31st, 2008, 01:08
...but it is the Skysim Mirage!!!!!

Despite dropping off the SOH radar for a couple of months, work inside the cockpit of this upcoming project has been pretty frantic! Several 'all new' virtual cockpits have been created, covering the main variants modeled. I will be posting some screenshots here over the next few days, of the different types represented in the package.

She is now fully native FSX, with all the 'bells and whistles', this dramatic transformation from the original project has been a steep learning curve for the team, who now include some the world's top Mirage experts and has taken up much more time than anticipated. We think you will apreciate these additions are worth the wait, this is like no Mirage you have seen before! Just a bit longer to brush up on your french :icon_lol::icon_lol:

First is the, the Mirage III (O) of 75 sqn RAAF.

Next up the recon models......

gajit
October 31st, 2008, 01:40
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

An-225
October 31st, 2008, 01:40
She looks very nice! Are there any planes to update the Vixen for FSX eye-candy?

Epsillon
October 31st, 2008, 02:11
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

jankees
October 31st, 2008, 02:24
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

hey_moe
October 31st, 2008, 02:59
Yeah buddy...my kind of a plane....ya be putting the pop fart members to shame:costumes: cockpit looks sweet too...Mike

calypsos
October 31st, 2008, 03:55
Are there any planes to update the Vixen for FSX eye-candy?

The Vixen was really just for FS9 and pre SP2 FSX, when MS brought out SP2 they improved the sim, but re-wrote the rule book on what works well and what struggles! The team are hard at work on several new projects, so I am not expecting a full SP2 Vixen, sorry. The limited popularity of the original type is also against it.

Back to the Mirage, this time the dedicated photo recon version (check out the camera control panel in the centre), shown here with the stunning RBAF 'Mephisto' scheme. I always struggled to get good screenshots in FSX with my rater 'basic' PC system, however this aircraft seems to 'love' the camera!!!

A whole range of multiple weapons fits to follow...

calypsos
November 1st, 2008, 04:13
Some of the different variations of loadouts available through the 'payload' menu. These shots of hardware may not be totally historically accurate, I just capped them as I checked out the beta's different options!

Stickshaker
November 1st, 2008, 15:28
Splended! Looking forward to it.

Marlin
November 1st, 2008, 16:34
HHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, now doesn't that look sweet. :ernae::applause::ernae:

deathfromafar
November 1st, 2008, 16:36
Glad to hear the project is going well and looking forward to it. I know you said it is going to be FSX native but will there be a FS9 version as originally planned?

shackleton_boy
November 2nd, 2008, 13:12
i'm still wondering about the SAAF versions.... as the SAAF had one of the largest fleets....

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2008, 13:34
Outstanding!

Now, when is Skysim going to get their store so that your account creation is encrypted?

calypsos
November 2nd, 2008, 13:47
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/calypsos/chute1.jpg

I am not sure about the store account encryption Panther, have you asked the question on the Skysim forum?

http://www.sky-sim.co.uk/forums/index.php

As far as FS9 goes, yes, there will be an FS9 version (with slightly limited cockpit features, due to sim limitations). The FS9 version will be released after the this FSX one.

In the current economic climate, this sort of development is still being done by one guy (with a volunteer support team), so it takes a long time to make all these detailed models that you all want nowadays. This is also the designers first native FSX project, so the learning curve was very steep at first, but it really will be worth the wait!!!

jimcooper1
November 4th, 2008, 01:50
Outstanding!

Now, when is Skysim going to get their store so that your account creation is encrypted?

That was done back in July. Go to the Registration page and you'll see it is https
https://www.sky-sim.co.uk/catalog/create_account.php

Jim

S
November 6th, 2008, 11:18
Ready to purchase! :D