PDA

View Full Version : The DEMO

harleyman
December 20th, 2009, 04:16
Hey Bill,
I took your advice in another thread and just let the demo run..It ran and ran and ran.....

At one point it does a graphics check on your system of some sort..I'm not real sure what the results were actually...

Then it went back to running the demo again...

It was cool no doubt looking. Showed lots of ships , Galaxies, Battles and such..Graphice were beautiful on this machine (little box OCed to 3.4)

But it had some stutters in it at times...I wonder if that was cause it was a movie of theres, or that is what the game will actually run like on this machine....

I imagine in game I have graphics sliders, or maybe even some rewrites to help with stuttering...I will find out soon enough...

Lionheart
December 20th, 2009, 09:27
Mason,

Mine will stutter.. Usually its not for a bit. After I have gone through some gates, it gets bad. Since I have reduced the Shader setting a notch, the stutters are far less and just quick little stutters. Before, if I got in a dogfight, it could get really bad with the stuttering.

I was really impressed that my computer could run it at full settings. The eye candy is just awesome..........

Still, I find myself taking a break and just stopping my ship in orbit and align it to the planet and just watch it, checking out mountain ranges, watching the clouds move over it, or slowing flying past a different new station and checking out the details on it, wondering what all the different sections do.. .

Bill

harleyman
December 20th, 2009, 19:01
Thanks Bill....

I can barely wait ..The graphics were outstanding to see though....:applause:

Lionheart
December 20th, 2009, 19:30
They are for me. Right now, I have shaders down so the graphics arent as nice, but the speed is better.

I hope to get the new Quad Core iMac 27 soon which should really boost game speed dramatically. Then its full shaders man!

Bill

harleyman
December 20th, 2009, 20:21
If I recall in the demo there is no option to set anything, as there is no interaction with the game at all..Maybe it just had me set too high on settings...I'll find out soon enough...