PDA

View Full Version : The Cookie Monster

OBIO
December 19th, 2009, 07:56
has possessed Deb. She started baking cookies yesterday (Rum Balls) and is baking more today (Strawberry Thumbprints and Cut Out Sugar Cookies with icing). And tomorrow, she is cracking the whip on me and forcing me to make a double or triple batch of Chocolate No Bake cookies. Yep, it's almost Christmas. Cookies in the oven and all over the counters and table....a touch of snow (less than 2 inches) on the ground.

OBIO

Typhoon Willy
December 19th, 2009, 08:12
Mmmmmm, Rum balls! My mother-in-law makes some pretty mean rum balls herself.

I should be at your house, Obio, you may need some help eating all those cookies!

Dain Arns
December 19th, 2009, 09:21
has possessed Deb. She started baking cookies yesterday (Rum Balls) and is baking more today (Strawberry Thumbprints and Cut Out Sugar Cookies with icing). And tomorrow, she is cracking the whip on me and forcing me to make a double or triple batch of Chocolate No Bake cookies. Yep, it's almost Christmas. Cookies in the oven and all over the counters and table....a touch of snow (less than 2 inches) on the ground.

OBIO

Sounds like a WIN for you! :santahat:

Bjoern
December 19th, 2009, 12:55
I actually wanted to make some christmas cookies myself, but the plan never really materialized maybe because the "special" ingredient I've wanted to put in is quite expensive here. :|

harleyman
December 19th, 2009, 16:24
We make Bourbon balls from my great grandmothers reciept(is that the correct word)...

Me loves them...

Cazzie
December 19th, 2009, 16:34
I have always preferred candy to cookies and pie to cake.

I don't like dry food.

Caz

cheezyflier
December 19th, 2009, 22:04
I have always preferred candy to cookies and pie to cake.

I don't like dry food.

Caz

i like em all! :applause:

OBIO
December 19th, 2009, 22:13
Deb's Bourbon Balls turned out to be Bourbon Boulders....they are HUGE. What should have made 5 or 6 dozen Bourbon Balls ended up making 2 and a half dozen Bourbon Boulders. Deb got carried away with the size.

The Strawberry Thumbprints turned out great. I got lucky and got to eat the broken ones.

The Cut Out Sugar Cookies....not a success. I should have intervened and had Deb wait until tomorrow to make them. Post brain surgery, she gets run down fairly quickly...and she had worn herself out by the time she did the Cut Outs. The first batch got over baked and the second batch got under baked.

As Meat Loaf says "2 out of 3 ain't bad"

OBIO