PDA

View Full Version : Help request - WBS P-51 owners

IanP
December 19th, 2009, 06:42
I've finally managed to get down a groundplan of RAF Fowlmere for all the red and white checked noses that you might have seen recently, which uses Bill Womack's fighter dispersal pen object.

Unfortunately, as I have discovered to my cost on a number of occasions, FSX puts collision detection boxes around buildings that are about three times the size of the building itself, meaning that if you try and put a user aircraft correctly inside the pen, you just get a green bar across the top saying "CRASH".

As a result, I've put down the parking spots for the pens slightly outside the collision boxes, meaning that they don't look perfect, but they can be used by a "player" aircraft rather than just AI.

I've tested these spots with the RAS Spitfires Mk.XIV and Mk.IX, the A2A WOP2 Spitfire Mk.Ia, P-51D and P-47D and the FCS Hurricane IIC. Nick has tested all the parking spots with the Flight1 P-51D (this, after all, being Marinell's home base).

What I can't test it with, because I don't have it, is the Warbirdsim early Mustangs and, as Jan Kees has done a fair few "home based" aircraft for the station, can someone or some people who have the WBS pack please drop it in at all of the fighter pen locations and ensure that there are no crashes, please?

The parking spots in question - in the order that FSX lists them - are as follows:

10, 3, 4, 6, 60, 61, 65, 66, 7, 70, 71, 9

The link to the EGMA scenery version 0.1 is as follows:

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/historical/usaaf/egma/IJP_EGMA_v0_1.zip

Of course, if you want to play with it with any other aircraft you have, I couldn't stop you if I wanted to... ;)

This isn't finished yet, but it is completely usable.

Oh, and Jan Kees, Dave Q? If you gentlemen can provide me with a list of the aircraft titles for all your repaints, I'll set about trying to put together some AI files for them all.

Cheers!

PRB
December 19th, 2009, 07:27
Ian,

I just tested the WBS P-51C at each of the parking spaces listed above, with no building crashes noted. I picked the parking spots through the sim's "go to airport" feature, and picked the parking spot. Meaning I didn't taxi over to them, just left the plane where FS placed it upon selecting that parking spot. I did that for each spot listed.

IanP
December 19th, 2009, 07:32
That's what I needed, thanks Paul. I'll set about putting in more buildings and "clutter" now.

It's just a pain when you go all the way through setting everything up and then someone turns around and says "but when I load a suchandsuch here, I get an instant building crash message".

If anyone has any other suggestions of aircraft I should test, by the way, please feel free to post them and, if I have them, I'll test them. Otherwise... Feel free to tell me how you get on! :engel016: :d

jankees
December 19th, 2009, 08:00
eeehh, aircraft title?

you mean these from the aircraft.cfg?

[fltsim.4]
title = P-51B Mustang '6N-Z Lil Sack'

etc?

IanP
December 19th, 2009, 08:07
I just need the title line from each, thanks Jan Kees... Although if anyone knows a reasonable accurate cruise speed for a P-51B/C that would be appreciated too (I have one for the D).

jankees
December 19th, 2009, 08:14
here's what I have so far (though I still need to finish and upload a few of them):

WBS P-51B:

title = P-51B Mustang '6N-Z Lil Sack'

title = P-51B Mustang '6N-P/ Constance'

title = P-51B Mustang '5Q-O Punkie'

title = P-51B Mustang '5Q-G Bonny Bea'

A2A P-51D:

title=P-51D '6N-H'

title=P-51D '6N-E'

title=P-51D '6N-D'

title=P-51D 'Marinell'

DaveQ
December 19th, 2009, 10:34
Hi Ian

Mine are:-

A2A -D model

title=P-51D 'Princess Pat'
title=P-51D 'Pauline'
title=P-51D 'Tar Heel'
title=P-51D 'Marinell' ( which of course Jan Kees has also done)

Will try to post these early next week; may not get the chance before.

BTW according to the Mustang III pilot's notes, the recommended cruising speed for maximum range is 185 mph IAS.

DaveQ

IanP
December 19th, 2009, 10:50
The good news is that you've both used the same name for them, so whichever one is installed will work. :)

Thanks gents. I'm scattering "junk" around at the moment but will get onto AI shortly.

Mr.Bob
December 19th, 2009, 11:47
Gentlemen (yes, you),

Thanks for your efforts. Looking forward to the finished products.

Mr.Bob

IanP
December 19th, 2009, 14:10
I can't edit my original post any more, but please note that the download link will no longer work - version 0.1 has been superseded by 1.0, available via this thread here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=315835#post315835

No AI yet, though, I'm afraid (even if the repaints were all available to see them. ;)) - I'll get those done ASAP.

Cheers and thanks for your help, gents!

daytonite_andy
December 27th, 2009, 06:19
I just need the title line from each, thanks Jan Kees... Although if anyone knows a reasonable accurate cruise speed for a P-51B/C that would be appreciated too (I have one for the D).

I've just bought the Warbirdsim P-51B/C and if I go by the checklist (37" MP and 2300RPM) I get a cruise speed of 240 KIAS in level flight at 3500ft (no drop tanks).

Hope that helps :mixedsmi: