PDA

View Full Version : Feeling old this morning

aeronca1
December 19th, 2009, 05:34
Well, have been looking at installing another tubeliner (I know, Blasphemy!) and selected the posky 777. Is it just me or is it really as confusing as it looks. I have been around FS since version 98, but have yet to succeed in getting everything on these birds to work. Why must it be like a puzzle? :icon_lol:

What goes with what? It's hard when you're not familiar with the Boeing model terminology. OR...... Maybe it's just the after effects from my "Egg Nog" flight last evening!

Is there a general install instructions posting on their forum that I neglected to read?

If anyone can help a very hung over :pop4: pilot, I'd appreciate it! In the meantime.... :icon29: :guinness: :pop4: :ernae:

LonelyplanetXO
December 19th, 2009, 07:12
Yeah, I have that. You might be hungover but that's not the problem - you're right, there's nothing straightforward about loading Posky models. I got it a long time ago and can't remember the exact procedure, but basically get the downloads from the Posky site (links to avsim), start with the base pack - ensure you get the VC model, sound, then each of the liveries you want. I remember straight out of the box some liveries dont work and some show up under Boeing - Project Open Sky, others under strange random names.
The good news is that it's worth the effort. The model is lovely, esp the optional crisp 32 bit VC textures, the sound set's a killer (although I'm not sure if I'm using the original or another one from Avsim) and she flies beautifully - for a Toob......Just make sure trim's set for takeoff or you'll be driving the Freeways to your destination :)

LPXO

edit: Found a backup file with the following in it:
B777_Operations_Manual.zip
OS772LRFV2--L_VC.zip
OS772_Trent800_L_BAW_YMMB.zip
os777v2_VC_32-bit_BMP_ Textures_FS9.zip
OS777V2AutoBrake.zip
OS772LR_L_BCA.zip
OS772V2_TRENT800--L_VC.zip
os777v2_VC_panel.zip
POSKY_777-200ER_Emirates_A6-EMH.zip
777_sound_package.zip
I suspect I have an extra model there I shouldn't have...I think you need to match the texture sets you want to the specific models. The Posky site's got the clues needed there.

Tom Clayton
December 19th, 2009, 11:12
I'm a mod over there, and I still have trouble getting everything installed sometimes!

First, pick the livery you want and install that package. If it doesn't already have the VC and gauges working, then you'll need to do the updates. Peak into the model folder and make a note of the exact model name - you'll need that. Then go to the Model Packages section of either the 777-200 or 777-300, whichever you're using. You'll see that the model updates are named according to the original model name. Last, you'll need the VC gauges and textures. They're in the -200's panel section, but work for the -300 too. I know that they've discussed making installers, but the consensus among the developer team is that they'd have to keep recompiling them as new updates are issued.

Wing_Z
December 19th, 2009, 11:49
Well I'm glad it's not only me!
Best advice I can give, is: concentrate on one model only, and jump through the hoops.
Here's what I collected for the 777-200, after getting the base model and VC
Hope it doesn't actually add to the confusion...

aeronca1
December 19th, 2009, 13:56
OK, livery says I need:

Egypt Air "SU-HOR" Boeing 777-300ER with General Electric engines GE90-115B1

LOL, no model listed under 777-300ER for the GE90...... There is an FDE for the 300ER with GE90's in the FDE package though.

I give up for now, head hurting too much.....

EDIT: Oh great, tried again and now all files are downloading as 0 byte .zip's. Arrrgh!! I'll never drink again... Well, maybe that's a little too drastic.

EDIT2: Well the d/l problem seems to be happening at AVSIM as well. All other sites have zero problems. Is posky hosted by AVSIM?

middle
December 19th, 2009, 14:31
A complete 777 w/ vc was just released the other day at Flightsim.com so ya might go thru their newer files then yas won't have to fool around trying to mix and match,lol. mid

Tom Clayton
December 19th, 2009, 14:36
Get me a link to the original release - I don't see it on the POSky site or AvSim. If I can get the same package that you have, I may be able to wrap my head around what's going on...

aeronca1
December 19th, 2009, 14:43
Thanks Middle, will try it tomorrow AM.

aeronca1
December 20th, 2009, 11:39
Thanks Middle, will try it tomorrow AM.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it amazing what a clear mind and some help, well ok, a LOT of help can do!

Wing_Z
December 20th, 2009, 11:47
:applause: There should be medal, or a club, or something, for those who've "come through" the POSKY assembly process!
You'll agree it is totally worth it in this instance, eh?

Wing_Z
December 20th, 2009, 16:16
...and, not to start a whole new airliner thread here, it has some really good repaints on some really good base textures.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/773.jpg

Tom Clayton
December 20th, 2009, 16:23
Thanks all!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it amazing what a clear mind and some help, well ok, a LOT of help can do!
WOW! Those wings look like they're going to break! I'm guessing it was tough to get that one off the ground? Check the fuel/payload screen when you start up just about any POSky plane. The cargo and passenger stations are loaded to the max and FS automatically does the same with the fuel, so they are usually severely overweight. You need to either reduce the payload for a long flight or reduce fuel for a full load over a shorter flight.

aeronca1
December 20th, 2009, 17:52
HeHe, wanted to see if I could do it at max. Lucky the runway was loooooong!

EDIT: Hmmmmm, something is very wrong. Set it to 0 pax, 0 cargo, almost no fuel and wings still look the same.