PDA

View Full Version : 1 thing i hate about my new flat ....

stiz
December 19th, 2009, 01:49
.... theres next to no heating, only got storage heaters! top floor flat though so its great to look out over all the snow covered roofs :snowman:

Ferry_vO
December 19th, 2009, 02:34
I know how that feels; my previous flat had virtually no insulation and heaters that you could only turn on or off. It was either cold or hot there during winter time, and always hot in the summer. Have seen temps as low as 11 degrees and as high as 40 inside!
The only good things were the price and the location (In the middle of the woods; very quiet!) but I'm glad I moved to my new location earlier this year!

harleyman
December 19th, 2009, 02:51
Well I guess its a tad bit better than sleeping on the roof...

Which is where I made my daughters boyfriend sleep last night as he was snowed in and I did not want him to drive in the snow and ice after dark...

But we did give him an extra blanket .......LOL

stiz
December 19th, 2009, 06:23
IThe only good things were the price and the location

same with me, its located in town but far enough away from the centre to avoid the trouble makers, its a top floor as well so its pretty quite considering its on a main road :jump:

cheezyflier
December 19th, 2009, 06:36
mine is just the opposite. i moved in 2 years ago, and it was so hot in here i turned off the heat. i haven't turned it on ever since, most winters, the living room window is open 90% of the time.

Chacha
December 19th, 2009, 06:53

Very nice... Extra blanket... :engel016:

kilo delta
December 19th, 2009, 09:05
Well I guess its a tad bit better than sleeping on the roof...

Which is where I made my daughters boyfriend sleep last night as he was snowed in and I did not want him to drive in the snow and ice after dark...

Now this is what I'm dreading when my daughter is older. I'd probably spend the night in a rocking chair in the hall ,shotgun on my lap waiting for the BF to seek body heat from my lil girl!!:icon_lol::applause:

GT182
December 19th, 2009, 09:18
Now this is what I'm dreading when my daughter is older. I'd probably spend the night in a rocking chair in the hall ,shotgun on my lap waiting for the BF to seek body heat from my lil girl!!:icon_lol::applause:

Well, what ya gonna do when she's married. ;) She's still yer little girl. LOL

kilo delta
December 19th, 2009, 09:22
As she's only 4 years old...that day's a long way away yet! :icon_lol::engel016:

Dangerousdave26
December 19th, 2009, 10:03
I don't have any heat at all in my apartment.

Not sure what they were thinking when they did that.

Some times the Temp does drop down to 55 F.

Chacha
December 19th, 2009, 11:44
I don't have any heat at all in my apartment.

Not sure what they were thinking when they did that.

Some times the Temp does drop down to 55 F.

DD,

Sunday will be the coldest ...49ºF... in Miami

Better have extra blankets... :jump:

I don't turn my heater on, it just irritates my nose... I cannot stand the smell of burning lint... :isadizzy:

What I do is cover my windows with blankets.... that way cold air doesn't get in much... :pop4:

Bjoern
December 19th, 2009, 13:00
Indoor temperature record: -2°C with -8°C outside in my old apartment.

Awful lair, the heating costs were as high as your average hippie.