PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

gedm
October 30th, 2008, 19:51
got to sit down at the box today and was playing around with this beauty.

It's a conversion originally made for FS9 by Dave Garwood, Dave Booker,
Saverio Maurri and Brian Withers.

Hern07
October 31st, 2008, 06:20
DH 89 right? One of my favorites, looks like an aeroplane of that period should look. I'm going to have to download it. Hope it has some skins with it.

gedm
October 31st, 2008, 06:42
Howdy Hern, it is a DH89, forgot to include that little tidbit. And there is several skins for it but unfortunately most are civies over at flightsim.
I'll be checking for repaints here at the house today, hopefully one with the passengers looking like goverment issue personnel. :d

OBIO
October 31st, 2008, 11:18
gedm

Is this one you converted or has it been uploaded someplace. I have been hankering to do a conversion on that very same plane...but it if is already done, no need to redo it.

OBIO

Hern07
October 31st, 2008, 12:00
Even if it has been converted, who do we know that does excellent repaints of the older British airplanes? Hmmmmmm. By the way you can find the AC here at the Outhouse. :d

gedm
October 31st, 2008, 14:18
gedm

Is this one you converted or has it been uploaded someplace. I have been hankering to do a conversion on that very same plane...but it if is already done, no need to redo it.

OBIO

It's one I converted and to my knowledge it's not been done before. Also I "borrowed" an airfile and have yet to do the gauges for her so it still needs some attention.

Also, I was UTL on any repaints here at the SOH for it.

Soooo if you have a hankering for another project......:d

hewman100
November 1st, 2008, 02:33
Some wartime military schemes would be nice. The BOAC one shown is wartime so that is a good place to begin, no need to try and get the camo to match up:isadizzy:

Buddha13
November 1st, 2008, 08:44
Hi all,
There is one already converted here at the Outhouse,
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=buddha13&ammm=15&pap=2
Third from bottom.

Buddha13

gedm
November 1st, 2008, 14:57
Thanks Buddha, Thats not the first time I've converted an a.c. and then find out it's already been done. :ernae:

OBIO
November 1st, 2008, 15:40
Thanks Buddha, Thats not the first time I've converted an a.c. and then find out it's already been done. :ernae:

Same here....the library is so huge that unless you have been here from day one, it will take 10 years to really know what all is in there.

OBIO

gavinc
November 2nd, 2008, 08:43

The Dragon Rapide that Buddha is pointing to is a conversion of the FS2002 version of David Garwood's Dragon Rapide. It is a very nice conversion but there are no WW2 skins for it.

The air and dp file drop straight into a conversion of the FS2004 version of the aircraft. The advantage of the FS2004 version is that there are a few WW2 skins available if you search on FlightSim or AvSim.

I started to convert it and use it to buzz around in but I never got the panel sorted out so I never bothered to upload it.

PM me if you want any of the files

Gavin

gedm
November 2nd, 2008, 11:59
Ha! Gavin you beat me to it!
I noticed that the fs9 version is version2 with improved 2D & 3D cockpit's I'm nearly done with the gauges so if you want I'll send them your way.

Actually, I'm just reusing the gauges from the earlier conversion and placing them on the newer models panels. So I'll just post the panel config. here when it's done...still got the 3d to do. hopefully done by tonight.

:ernae:

Jagdflieger
November 2nd, 2008, 18:27
Jed,

I'd love to try out the FS 9 version. I've used Buddha's quite a bit as you can see.

gedm
November 2nd, 2008, 21:43
I put together a panel config. for the fs9 DH89.

It's not of Bearcat or Obio quality but it will do...and Gavin now you can upload your conversion if the panel passes muster with ya.

Just rename the file "panel.cfg" and then put into the aircrafts panel folder. :ernae:

gavinc
November 2nd, 2008, 23:26
Ha! Gavin you beat me to it!
I noticed that the fs9 version is version2 with improved 2D & 3D cockpit's I'm nearly done with the gauges so if you want I'll send them your way.

Actually, I'm just reusing the gauges from the earlier conversion and placing them on the newer models panels. So I'll just post the panel config. here when it's done...still got the 3d to do. hopefully done by tonight.

:ernae:

Hi Gedm,
Sorry - I didn't mean to steal your thunder, actually I was trying to encourage you to keep pressing forward. Doing panels is always my sticking point.

Gavin

hewman100
November 3rd, 2008, 02:46
Another triumph for the collaborative effort of the 'Basement' faithful. Looking forward to the upload gents:ernae:

gedm
November 3rd, 2008, 04:49
Hi Gedm,
Sorry - I didn't mean to steal your thunder, actually I was trying to encourage you to keep pressing forward. Doing panels is always my sticking point.

Gavin

Never took it as such gavinc, I figured if you already where pressing forward I'd just help out.
And truth be told, I've never got that upload thing worked out, keep intending to bug Douglas about it but seems like "stuff" keeps getting in the way. :isadizzy:

So I defer you my good man! :ernae:

bearcat241
November 3rd, 2008, 04:53
Not a bad panel at all G - good layout, clean and simple....a plane like this one needs a simple panel and i do have a penchant for OVERKILL at times...lol

Maybe reduce the vertical stretch on the compass [center] and the pressure/temp gauges [two on bottom right].

gedm
November 3rd, 2008, 05:14
Maybe reduce the vertical stretch on the compass [center] and the pressure/temp gauges [two on bottom right].

Say wut? Looks like some schoolin is in order here..:costumes:

Jagdflieger
November 3rd, 2008, 06:35
Just gotta love these community efforts!

gavinc
November 4th, 2008, 01:45
Never took it as such gavinc, I figured if you already where pressing forward I'd just help out.
And truth be told, I've never got that upload thing worked out, keep intending to bug Douglas about it but seems like "stuff" keeps getting in the way. :isadizzy:

So I defer you my good man! :ernae:

Thanks for the understanding - I do have an upload ID.

I will fire off emails to the original authors to get their permission and then upload the whole thing assuming I get approval.

Gavin

gedm
November 4th, 2008, 05:17
Gavinc, I've just got to get those last three gauges reshaped as Bearcat suggested but that shouldnt hold anything up as for the uploading.

I do have a question regarding the gauges:
Without the usual trial and error, I'm assuming the numbers at the end of this entry control the placement and shape of the gauge. Can someone give me an assist on a answer?

gauge03=p38f_lightning!Directional-Gyro, 496,719,104,154

Thanks in advance

gedm

gavinc
November 5th, 2008, 08:12
The e-mail for David Garwood that was in the readme has bounced back.

Does anyone have a good address for Mr. Garwood?

Thanks
Gavin

gavinc
November 5th, 2008, 08:15
Gavinc, I've just got to get those last three gauges reshaped as Bearcat suggested but that shouldnt hold anything up as for the uploading.

I do have a question regarding the gauges:
Without the usual trial and error, I'm assuming the numbers at the end of this entry control the placement and shape of the gauge. Can someone give me an assist on a answer?

gauge03=p38f_lightning!Directional-Gyro, 496,719,104,154

Thanks in advance

gedm

At a guess I would say they are x,y points for the opposing 2 corners of the rectangle that positions the gauge, but as I said it is just a guess.

Try downloading CFGEdit (you should get it at most reputable download sites) it makes modifying panels much easier.

Gavin

gedm
November 5th, 2008, 12:12
I'll give it shot tonight.

Thanks gavin :kilroy:

gavinc
November 6th, 2008, 07:58
I found a newer e-mail for Mr. Garwood and he has agreed to allow us to upload the conversion of the FS2004 model.

Gavin

hewman100
November 7th, 2008, 02:13
Super stuff gentlemen:ernae:

gavinc
November 7th, 2008, 09:21
It is in the upload queue now.

gedm
November 9th, 2008, 20:41
My apologies Gavin, it took me awhile to master cfgedit enough to tweak the panel for the DH-89a. :redf:

Just rename the file to "panelcfg." and drop into the DH-89 panel folder overwriting my first attempt.

OBIO
November 9th, 2008, 22:07
gavinc,

Just installed the Rapide...nice work on the conversion. Thank you much:jump:. Have been wanting to fly this plane for a while, just never got around to doing a conversion of it. Now I can fly it without having to do the work.

Gedm,

The panel work you did is superbly tailored for the Rapide...a nice, clean, spartan panel...totally fitting for a plane of this vintage. No need to feel that the work you did on it is anything less than top notch!

OBIO

Jagdflieger
November 9th, 2008, 22:42
Thanks for the team effort on this one guys. The results are outstanding. It's nice to have a great little plane like this to tour all of the new airfields in England that Achim just posted.