PDA

View Full Version : Tools Menu Option not showing.....

Navy Chief
December 18th, 2009, 18:36
Well, after uninstalling/reinstalling FSX, Acceleration, and SDK, I went to activate the "Tools" option for the drop down menu.

So far, I have not been successful. Am sure it is something simple that I am missing, but this is frustrating. Here is how my FSX .dll file reads:

Update: for some reason, this post won't allow the file to read as the actual .dll file does.....grrrrrr....

<simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0">
<descr>Launch</descr>
<filename>dll.xml</filename>
<disabled>False</disabled>
<launch.manualload>False</launch.manualload>
<launch.addon>
<name>Object Placement Tool</name>
<manualload>False</manualload>

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</path>
</launch.addon>
<launch.addon>
<name>Traffic Toolbox</name>

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</path>
</launch.addon>
<launch.addon>
<name>Visual Effects Tool</name>

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</path>
</launch.addon>
</simbase.document>

<simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0"></simbase.document><launch.addon></launch.addon>

harleyman
December 18th, 2009, 18:40
Its been a long time since I've donr that Pete..but if I remember correctly there is something that you have to move from one place to another...

Or maybe thats for the My traffic toolbar inthe SDK...maybe I'm confuded..

You talking about in full screen mode when you hit ALT and the top dropdowns appear???

I have never had to activate that dropdown actually as I remember..Hit the ALT key

Navy Chief
December 18th, 2009, 18:46
Its been a long time since I've donr that Pete..but if I remember correctly there is something that you have to move from one place to another...

Or maybe thats for the My traffic toolbar inthe SDK...maybe I'm confuded..

You talking about in full screen mode when you hit ALT and the top dropdowns appear???

I have never had to activate that dropdown actually as I remember..Hit the ALT key

Harley, I am usually in Windowed mode, and the Tools option should be at the top right. But it isn't. Like you, I have done this before, but (as was the case back then too) it is eluding me right now......

harleyman
December 18th, 2009, 18:52
Is this tools menu for the SDK ???

If so I have never used it.... I have never seen a tools menu on the top right...

Wozza
December 18th, 2009, 20:56
Hi
You need to go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX folder and open the dll.xml file in notepad and set
<disabled> </disabled> Disable tags to false. If the tool you want to show up isnt there then look in the the tools sdk folder for dll.xml and cut and paste the data in there to the dll.xml in the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX folder
this is under xp,I have no idea where the file is under vista or win7
Wozza

Dain Arns
December 18th, 2009, 21:16
It was a pain in the butt to activate this last time around on a recent re-install. If I remember right, my troubles were not having the location exactly as it needs. Seems like an underscore was missing or something. I know I stared at it for a good 15 minutes until I figured it out. :icon_lol:

Carvalho
December 18th, 2009, 21:17
Under Win 7 64 go to C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, and edit the dll.xml, like Wozza said

<simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0">
<descr></descr>
</simbase.document>

EURODRIVER
December 18th, 2009, 21:53
WOW i've got alot to get used to here lol!

Lionheart
December 18th, 2009, 22:56
On my third install of FSX, I could never get it to run again, lol... Tried everything to the T..

Bill

harleyman
December 18th, 2009, 23:10
On my third install of FSX, I could never get it to run again, lol... Tried everything to the T..

Bill

Only you Bill................LOL

JoeW
December 18th, 2009, 23:29
Someone made a tool to get that to work. I have it ......... somewhere.
I'll try to find it.

Lionheart
December 19th, 2009, 00:25
Only you Bill................LOL

At Freeflightdesign.com I was known as the Gmax Poster Child. I was the only one that found all the ways to accidentally reset tools, etc..

Really ages you fast... I would get a ton of parts built, then tap a wrong key, and suddenly all the parts were giant rectangles and it would take me a day or two to figure out how to reset the dang thing back again.

Navy Chief
December 19th, 2009, 04:18
Someone made a tool to get that to work. I have it ......... somewhere.
I'll try to find it.

Joe, if you do find it, I appreciate your efforts!

And, if not, I will anyway!!!

Thanks.

NC

JoeW
December 19th, 2009, 04:20
I found the tool but not the original zip. I zipped the folder and it's attached to this post. just extract to C:\

FAC257
December 19th, 2009, 05:01
Navy Chief

Your "False, False" entries look correct for those tools.

In the FSX SDK main folder where ever you installed it, is the configuration tool.

It's called "ConfigSDK.exe"

I've found that even after running it you may still have to edit the .dll file to make sure that the exact path name to the SDK is correct

FAC