PDA

View Full Version : Building One More Again

harleyman
October 30th, 2008, 19:04
Well it sems I'm going to build another one first of next week.....

My wife has been using mine now for about a month while her Rig went to California for more repairs....It just got home today after 3 1/2 weeks gone......I was excited as heck as I have a new monitor comming tomorrow and finally my FSX should be flawless....

Well her computer came broken..No Boot-In, no Video, Just goes right to the FF Code(no post) and sits there..I did all the usual of removing and reseating everything and checking all cables...No go.....:banghead:

So we argued and bickered with the builders and reached an agreement to refund the money at todays market price and a 5% restocking fee..( rig is 6 months old)

So I just ordered parts to build her a new one simular to mine....They should be here first of the week...

So again I get to wait for FSX and it costs me about 1000 bucks to cut the custom built loose...:banghead:

We had consitered having it repaired and then selling it ,but that just seemed like cruel and unusual punishment for the buyer..I would not wish that on an enemy...LOL

Some days it just doesn't pay to get up....

Her new computer...

Case: Thermaltake VH8000BWS BK
Power: ThermalTake W0178RU 850W RT SLI Edition
DVD1: Light-On DVDRW W/ Lightscribe Sata
DVD2: Samsung DVD Burner Sata
Card Reader: nMEDIAPC Aii-in-One USB 2.0 Card Reader
MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-X48-DQ6 775 X48
CPU: INTEL Q9550 2.83
CPU Cooler: Artic Pro 7
GPU: VISIONTEK Radion 900250 HD4870X2 2G
Mem: OCZ 2X2 @ 1066
HD1: Seagate 750Gig @7,200 W/ 32 Mb Cache
HD2: 300G VelociRaptor @ 10,000
HD2: Western Digital 320 Gig @ 7,200

The only bright spot to this all is that I get to build it....And be done with that company thats provided me with 6 months of hell and headaches.....

Yea I know...Vista......LOL

kilo delta
October 31st, 2008, 05:05
What was that about addictions to the "buy now" button???:costumes:

Best of luck with the new rig,Harleyman, it gets easier with every build:d:applause:

harleyman
October 31st, 2008, 05:12
HeHe....I was attempting to act not so happy, but in fact I'm very muck excited to be done with that company and build another computer....

It will be my third in like 45 days ....Its fun....And Adicting to say the least...( Mr. Txnetcop) :costumes::wavey:

YUP..That *Buy Now* button calls me too ! :costumes::costumes:

Butcherbird17
October 31st, 2008, 10:06
Harley, If I were you , Id tell the wife to keep the one she has now and I would keep the new build.:d Building rigs is so much fun aint it.:wavey:

Joe

harleyman
October 31st, 2008, 10:09
Harley, If I were you , Id tell the wife to keep the one she has now and I would keep the new build.:d Building rigs is so much fun aint it.:wavey:

Joe

I asked about that...She said NO.....I was like ,but I built it 6 weeks ago,and you've had ot now 4 weeks....

Then I thought of switching some parts, but if I got caught I might loose my happy home...LOl:costumes: