PDA

View Full Version : FSD Commander

hews500d
December 18th, 2009, 07:30
I'm going to treat myself to an early Christmas present and pickup the Commander 115 this evening after work. Are there any repaints out there anywhere for this one? I haven't been able to find any through my searching.

Darrell

clmooring
December 18th, 2009, 20:01
I would really like know what you think of it. How is the model? How are the avionics? How is the VC? How are the FPS? Are you glad you bought it?

I hope you enjoy it!!

IanHenry
December 19th, 2009, 02:17
I like everything about it!

Ian.

Ferry_vO
December 19th, 2009, 02:37
Does it work OK in FsX? It's not a native FsX model, is it?

hews500d
December 19th, 2009, 04:51
From what I understand, it IS a native FSX model. Bought it last night but then went playing in the snow:ernae: so didn't get a chance to try it. I'll probably do an IFR flight later today using REX weather to play in the snow some more. I'll post back with details. The screenshots on the FSD site do look good though, especially the vc!

Darrell

Ferry_vO
December 19th, 2009, 04:58
Ah, I see! I was thinking about this Commander: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=112a

While you were talking about this one: http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/C115/vx.htm

my bad!

hews500d
December 20th, 2009, 11:44
Hi guys, I had promised I would post a quick note about the FSD Commander yesterday but had a few technical difficulties that are now resolved :engel016: I have made a couple quick flights though and can say it is well worth the $$$ in my opinion. If you've been on the fence like I have, go ahead and get it, you won't be disappointed! I'll try to post some screenies later.

Darrell

hews500d
December 20th, 2009, 11:47
I would really like know what you think of it. How is the model? How are the avionics? How is the VC? How are the FPS? Are you glad you bought it?

I hope you enjoy it!!

Hi Clmooring, I like it a lot! The avionics are good, you get a Garmin GNS 480 along with some other goodies, excellent FPS and the exterior model looks like a 115 :mixedsmi: Also there's a maintenance and failure module that, although I haven't had any failures yet, will keep you on your toes :icon_lol:

Darrell

clmooring
December 20th, 2009, 14:14
I bought it last night. I too had some technical problems. But I have been very impressed with FSD support. It was quick, friendly an effective. It was as good as any I have experienced.

The sound pack was better than I expected.

hews500d
December 20th, 2009, 17:52
But I have been very impressed with FSD support.

Me too! They had great communication and got my installation going in no time!

Darrell

Tim_FSD
December 22nd, 2009, 05:12
Does it work OK in FsX? It's not a native FsX model, is it?

The Commander 115 TC for Flight Simulator X is a native FSX model. It was not ported over from FS 2004 (and will not work in FS 2004).

Happy Holidays!

Overshoe
December 22nd, 2009, 10:34
It's a great aircraft. Grab it!

Old Crow
December 24th, 2009, 13:30
First, I want to thank FSD for a Beautiful Plane. It is my favorite single engine to fly now. I was amazed at just how detailed this plane is. Check out my screenshots and be sure to select "Full Size", they are 1920x1200 size. There are 14 images starting with 1 VC shot.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2064616950012641883OYnYgE

hews500d
December 24th, 2009, 17:49
Great shots Old Crow, thanks for sharing!

Darrell

MM
December 25th, 2009, 13:02
Hi Old Crow.

Might you please tell us how you got the extra repaints for the FSD Commander 115TC? (They look like paints for the FS2004 version.)

Thanks,
Mike

Old Crow
December 25th, 2009, 19:50
Mike, I only had one paint scheme after installing the Commander. I knew that there had to be a way to get the others, so I started searching around and found that under "Downloads" selecting "Commander 115TC Version 2" then clicking on "Installer Download" you get the option of downloading the 1 paint installer or the 9 paint installer. Why it is not offered at time of purchase...I don't know. I am just glad I was able to find it. I was really disappointed to find only one paint in the Commander Aircraft Folder. All is good now.
Hope this helps. :wavey:

Edit: Here is the page where I found the 2 separate installers....... http://www.fsd-international.com/Download/C115V2.htm

MM
December 26th, 2009, 18:44
Thanks so very much. I missed that second installer all together--as might a few other customers. The new FSX version seems an excellent aircraft, really first class, so its a treat to have additional paint options. Much appreciated, OC.

Mike