PDA

View Full Version : Mods

gigabyte
December 17th, 2009, 22:02
OK How about comparing Mods for those of us that have tried them? I have 6 installed right now between Reunion and Terran Conflict, and I am finding some wonderful stuff. I have to hit the hay right now but for starters I just started with a new mod called DDTC, it is nothing short of AMAZING. More details tomorrow, but as a teaser there are 8 Starwars ships and some BSG as well as a couple from Wing Commander, the model work and background enhancements are just stunning... pics to follow.

Lionheart
December 17th, 2009, 23:02
This should be interesting Mike. Good topic.

Unfortunately, I havent put any major mods into mine yet. I am still working out freight and organizing my fleet of freighters.

If and when I do go with a Mod, it will probably be Apricot first. (Probably).

I was parusing the Egosoft XUniverse forums the last two nights (looking for trade program scripts) and noticed a couple of Vanilla Malt management programs. It would be cool to have something that manages my versions installations so I do not get them confused and get them messed up.

Bill

GT182
December 18th, 2009, 11:24
I installed the XTend mod for TC last night... and only got as far as the opening with game saves. From that alone it looked awesome. You'll read elsewhare why I didn't continue on and play. ;)

One request on mods. Could you post a link to them and their downloads too?

And Bill, those Vanilla Malt management programs sound like something we could all use for more than one install. I'm interested in that.

gigabyte
December 19th, 2009, 02:05
OK folks I am working on a kind of Review of the Mods I am playing, I am thinking it might be a good sticky when I finish it - sound like a plan Bill?

I will compose it of off line over the weekend and try to get the main post ready for Sunday.

Here's the plan, quick description of Mods vs Scripts, list of Mods, download links and basic install instructions seperated by version i.e. 1) X3 Reunion, 2) X3 Terran Conflict.

Any other thoughts on this idea?

aeronca1
December 19th, 2009, 06:01
Ooooo! This sounds like it's going to be a great thread! I had my World of Warcraft game so full of add-ons that I was adjusting and configuring them more than I was playing. A geek is a geek and always shall be a geek.

gigabyte
December 19th, 2009, 13:01
This should be interesting Mike. Good topic.

Unfortunately, I havent put any major mods into mine yet. I am still working out freight and organizing my fleet of freighters.

If and when I do go with a Mod, it will probably be Apricot first. (Probably).

Bill

Bill check out the instructions I posted for GT182, it is fairly stright forward to make a copy of the game you are playing and Mod the copy, that way you don't have a lot of messign around to go back to the Vanilla, just copy & renme the program folder and do the same ith the Save folder and do all your messing about on the copy.

GT182
December 19th, 2009, 18:36
It's too bad that the modded copy can't have it's own Saves folder separate from the Vanilla Saves. Is there any way to make it possible? My Copy of TC that now has the XTend mod in it still saves to the Vanilla.

gigabyte
December 20th, 2009, 03:51
It's too bad that the modded copy can't have it's own Saves folder separate from the Vanilla Saves. Is there any way to make it possible? My Copy of TC that now has the XTend mod in it still saves to the Vanilla.

You can keep seperate Save Folders, there are 2 ways I know of 1 is to use a manual method (that is what I am doing) it is simply a matter of making a copy of the current folder and then manually renaming it to the Mod name i.e. Save - Xtended, then just before you start the modded copy rename your Vanilla Save folder to something else and rename the -Xtd folder to SAVE, and do the opposite if you switch back. That is what I have done from the start, it's a nusance but it works for me. The other way is to use the Cycrow Mod Manager, there is a feature in there to keep seperate Save folders (I believe all it does is make a backup and do the remaning for you) it apparently will take care of everythign as long as you use th eMod Manager to switch games, I have not tried this method but there are instructions in the manual and on the Help page of the program.

GT182
December 20th, 2009, 16:31
Ok Mike, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

GT182
December 21st, 2009, 17:02
Just found this, the Apricot Salvage Mod. http://apricotmappingservice.com/salvage.html

Seeing I'm not getting too far with trading, not a great shot, harrass other ships with an occasional stray shot... unintended of course; I'm think of going into the salvage buisness. It's one way to see the X3R Universe and do something constructive. I hope. ;)

gigabyte
December 22nd, 2009, 00:49
Just found this, the Apricot Salvage Mod. http://apricotmappingservice.com/salvage.html

Seeing I'm not getting too far with trading, not a great shot, harrass other ships with an occasional stray shot... unintended of course; I'm think of going into the salvage buisness. It's one way to see the X3R Universe and do something constructive. I hope. ;)

Good choice GT, I run the full mapping service Mod and it is excellent he has put together some excellent stuff.

BTW my Mod review is still a WIP, the wife had me doing Xmas stuff most of the weekend so I did not get as much done as I would have liked. I hope to get more finished today and post the first installment tonight or tomorrow.

GT182
December 22nd, 2009, 05:07
I've got the Full Mapping Service also Mike. Wondering tho if both mods can be run at the same time?

I sure wish the Mod installer for Silent Hunter III would work with this.... that made installing mods and multipul mods so easy. Copy/Paste, one click and it was done.

gigabyte
December 22nd, 2009, 15:26
GT If I am not mistaken the Salvage service is already included in the full Apricot Mapping Service Mod, it is one of the new starts you can choose when you install the full mod. I would have to go back and check to be sure but I believe I see it listed in the manual.

Regarding the installer, the Cycrow Plug in Manager does a very good job at managing mods and addon's it will take care of keeping seperate game saves for you, I had some issues with that app on my system and I was always a "DIY" kind of guy so I have not messed with it much but do check it out it does work very well, and it is on the Appricot Page.

GT182
December 22nd, 2009, 16:32
Well Mike, I did finally get Cycrow's Plug in Manager to work and install the mod. Works rather well too.

The only thing I still can't find is how to claim all those ships I'm seeing. I haven't found a manual on it of key stokes to do it.... yet. And man 'o man, is there a lot of em. Pizza...I like it! LOL

gigabyte
December 22nd, 2009, 17:03
Well Mike, I did finally get Cycrow's Plug in Manager to work and install the mod. Works rather well too.

The only thing I still can't find is how to claim all those ships I'm seeing. I haven't found a manual on it of key stokes to do it.... yet. And man 'o man, is there a lot of em. Pizza...I like it! LOL

GT I was just about to post the 1st installment of my "Mods I have Know" topic, and it may be useful to you, the quick answer to your problem is probably 2 things - Do you have the Script Editor Activated? (if not check my next post) and - have you assigned a key to the Apriocot Claim/Salvage software, that enables you to claim a ship without doing the whole space walk thing. I have it assigned to F12 so it is a one touch deal. Once you have the script editor activated go into the main menu and select Controls and then Interface, scroll down until you find Apricot Claim Software and assign a key to that function, then go back to profiles and save your changes and you are all set, find a free ship, select it as your traget and hit the assigned key and poof Control is transfered.

GT182
December 23rd, 2009, 05:22
Tried last night until I was blue in the face and couldn't get it to work. Will try again later on. Maybe I'm using the wrong editor..... X3PM Script Packager v2.10..... I don't have have an Editor that I can see. :confused:

Plus these:
Plugin Manager Installer
Plugin Manager Ship Creator
SPK Explorer

Marlin
December 23rd, 2009, 15:15
I’m not really sure where to post this at, so I guess this will do just fine.

Today I completely uninstalled everything, and started over from scratch.
I was having some problems with massive loading times, and X3 being buggy.

Therefore, I would like to thank everybody for all the tips, tricks and advice on where to put what where and ect.

gigabyte
December 23rd, 2009, 17:35
I’m not really sure where to post this at, so I guess this will do just fine.

Today I completely uninstalled everything, and started over from scratch.
I was having some problems with massive loading times, and X3 being buggy.

Therefore, I would like to thank everybody for all the tips, tricks and advice on where to put what where and ect.

Marlin, here is a good tip (well it has worked for me), install fresh and test everything then if it works just the way you like it including any base mods liek the cockpits - Burn the ...\Program Files\Ergosoft\X3 Terran Conflict (or \X3 Reunion) folder as is to a DVD, that way you have a properly configured program folder you can load back up any time you wish. I have done this with my Vanilla games and 3 of the Mods and I have reloaded a couple of time, it does save the reinstall process.

As far as I can tell there are very few if any registry entries except possibly the Shortcuts and Start Menu entries so reinstalling is really a matter of copying and unpacking the stuff from the DVD.

Lionheart
December 24th, 2009, 00:43
For any newbies that get into this game, get the Mod that adds 3D Cockpits. You wont be sorry.

:d

Bill

MCDesigns
December 26th, 2009, 00:45
For any newbies that get into this game, get the Mod that adds 3D Cockpits. You wont be sorry.

:d

Bill

Finally my question has been answered! I have been looking at this sim and at images for the last few weeks, really looks immersive and the stargate/portal type thing is what really got me excited being a modder and a big SGA fan. While all the images I have seen look great, I have not seen any cockpit shots. So I take it that cockpits are not standard with the sim? can pits be developed like VCs for FSX?

Lionheart
December 26th, 2009, 01:49
So I take it that cockpits are not standard with the sim? can pits be developed like VCs for FSX?

Hey Michael,

Yes.

There is a SDK and tutorial for the package, and it uses Max and Gmax, and you can import the ships from the package and change them around to your likening.

I havent dug deep enough to find the VC models yet. I would like to see how they do the instruments on them. Some cool animations.

Note: There arent clickable's in the VC's. When you install the VC's over, there are about 14 different versions of pits, and they are used in 'all' of the various ships, so some ships will have the same VC's, but be totally different on the outside, but hey... its a VC, lol..

Bill

MCDesigns
December 26th, 2009, 02:00
Thanks Bill, good to know. I can do without clickable, I just want a realistic view out of the cockpit I develop.

man, there just isn't enough hours in a day. I have SIMS3, ARMAII, DCS Blackshark, FSX, ROF all installed and calling me to play and mod, plus MOH Modern Warfare 2 sitting on the desk waiting and now this, arrgghh!!

GT182
December 26th, 2009, 05:42
Michael, be prepared to be hooked as to where the other sims will be put on hold..... IF you really like this one. It is different by far, and addictive. It is sort of a stratagy sim..... I never liked or played them but this has me hooked. Life as you know might end up not being the same. This is as close as you can get to The Outer Limits. ;) LOL

gigabyte
December 26th, 2009, 05:44
Thanks Bill, good to know. I can do without clickable, I just want a realistic view out of the cockpit I develop.

man, there just isn't enough hours in a day. I have SIMS3, ARMAII, DCS Blackshark, FSX, ROF all installed and calling me to play and mod, plus MOH Modern Warfare 2 sitting on the desk waiting and now this, arrgghh!!

Michael, there are a couple of Cockpit Mods, I consider them essential to enjoying the game I could never get used to flying with out some fixed reference. I posted in the Beginner Tips topic the link and some instruction on installing the mod, and there are some great topics on the Ergosoft and Xuniverse boards on Modding so you can have a ball...

Do I have to type it... and "Another one bytes the dust"...lol

Mike "Ears Hopin" P

GT182
December 27th, 2009, 14:43
Michael, here's a screenshot of my Saber cockpit from the PSCO1 Cockpot Mod, just to give you a taste.

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 15:38
Darn I need some VC...Thats great looking

GT182
December 27th, 2009, 19:00
Mason, get the Cockpit mod from here.... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635
Make a mod folder in your TC folder.

Now once you have the Cockpit mod, extract the contents to the mod folder of TC.... bingo, you not have cockpits. Warning..... they do cut down on the view of your surroundings. If you do not like the new cockpits, all you need to do is delete the files from the mod folder.

But be careful and know which files are for a specific mod, if you have more than one installed in the mod folder.

GT182
December 29th, 2009, 08:59
Mike, what's up with the Plugin Mgr-Installer v2.12 not being able to add mods to X3TC. I get this when trying to install the X3TC Apicot Salvage mod v2.3... Unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe. It's fine installing into Reunion, and neither X3R or X3TC have an X2.exe in them.

I have installed the Apricot_Salvage_Mod_v1.1 into X3R, but it's the wrong sim for it. I need to get X3TC-Apricot-Salvage-Pack-v2.3 into TC but can't using the plugin mgr. I am :isadizzy: from trying. These are the selfinstalling mods that work thru the plugin mgr-installer. I believe they aren't meant to be used as a fake patch or copied into the mods folder...if I'm correct on this.

Lionheart
December 29th, 2009, 11:17
Mike, what's up with the Plugin Mgr-Installer v2.12 not being able to add mods to X3TC. I get this when trying to install the X3TC Apicot Salvage mod v2.3... Unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe. It's fine installing into Reunion, and neither X3R or X3TC have an X2.exe in them.

I have installed the Apricot_Salvage_Mod_v1.1 into X3R, but it's the wrong sim for it. I need to get X3TC-Apricot-Salvage-Pack-v2.3 into TC but can't using the plugin mgr. I am :isadizzy: from trying. These are the selfinstalling mods that work thru the plugin mgr-installer. I believe they aren't meant to be used as a fake patch or copied into the mods folder...if I'm correct on this.

Gary,

This was happening to me too. Go to Settings and adjust for X3TC.

I guess the scripts for R and TC are totally different.

Bill

GT182
December 29th, 2009, 12:23
Bill, I've tried and tried but comes up the same everytime... Unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe. Looks like time to uninstall the manager.

GT182
December 29th, 2009, 12:38
And that didn't work either. :frown: :isadizzy:

gigabyte
December 29th, 2009, 16:38

I will have to look around to find it, but the short anser to your problem is the 2.12 Plug in manager is for Reunion, it does not work with Terran Conflict, - at least I have not been able to get it to work with X3TC. There is a beta version that works with Terran Conflict and I downloaded it and had some other funky issues so I went the Fake Patch route and have had no problems. Just for reference I installed the AMS Mod and the Cockpit mod in the same game folder using the fake patch method and all is fine, it does include all of the Cycrow scripts and they work just fine, no need to use the Plugin Mgr.

I am thinking back but if I recall what I did precicely it went like this;

1) extract the completed AMS Mod to a temp folder on C:
2) make a complete copy of the X3 Terran Conflict Folder - I did this inside the Ergosoft folder so ther are two there now, I added -Copy to the second game folder.
3) copy the extracted files and folders into the Ergosoft folder so it updated all of the files inside my original game folder, then I added -AMS to the folder name, and removed the -Copy from the other so I have 2 games 1 modded 1 vanilla.
4) next go into the AMS folder and set-up the fake patch using the .cat and .dat files you will find that are inside the mods folder and the cockpits .cat, .dat files if they are there.
5) navigate to the main X3 Terran Conflict Folder again and locate the X3TC.exe file and send a short cut to the desktop (Right Click, --> Send To, --> Desktop (Create Shortcut), now use the new shortcut to start you modded game and the original to start the vanilla.
6) I also did a backup of the Save Games folder in my documents and deleted the Vanilla saves before I started the Modded game, that part is a PITA, having to copy saves back and forth but it works, the other way I am doing it now is Saves 1-5 are for Vanilla Games, 6-10 are for AMS, which is easier as long as I do not save in the wrong slot - which I will do sooner or later...lol

If you have real problems with this let me know I can write this up in more detail and add screen shots, this is just a quick & dirty description but hopefully it will do.

GT182
December 29th, 2009, 18:39
Thanks for that Mike. I'll give it a try.

I didn't realise the plugin was for just Reunion. I tried and tried and tried to get it to work with TC, till I was blue in the face. LOL I really thought I'd broken something.... I'm glad to find out I didn't. Tho somebody needs to make a plugin for TC.... just for dummies like me. ;)

GT182
December 30th, 2009, 17:16
Bill and Mike, I've got it fixed. Stupid me was trying to us the Plugin Manager with Reunion having a mod in it, and being renamed. That's the key... don't rename the Reunion folder. Did a fresh Reunion install and the Plugin Manager now works. I've even got the Firefly installed now. :d

Lionheart
December 30th, 2009, 19:06
Good to hear Gary.

Whats the Firefly handle like? Looks like they did one heck of a great job on it.

Bill

GT182
December 31st, 2009, 05:13
Haven't tried it yet Bill. I got it all back togther lastnight and Firfly installed, posted my results and went to bed. LOL Just getting ready to give a go in a bit, after I go out and clear off some of the snow we got this morning from the diveway and steps.... only a couple of inches darn it. Just enough to cover things and make it all white again. :frown: I want more........

GT182
December 31st, 2009, 07:03
I was in the IL2 forum a few mionutes agao and one of the guys was telling the this neat little program will install mods into IL2. It's the same program that we use for SilentHunter III and Iv to install mods.

I haven't tried it yet but have been thinking about it. Not sure if it's compatable as it's supposed to work with many sims out there. This is the newest version, Nov 2009, available to download..... http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

If someone wants to try it out let us know if it works for X3. I'm going to give it a go but it won't be for a few days. Nice thing about it is is simplicity for installing and removing a mod, and won't corrupt the sim it's installed in.

Directions are included in the installation exe. Enjoy..... hopefully. ;)

gigabyte
December 31st, 2009, 20:47
Thanks GT, I was looking at that in the Silent Hunter forum myself and was thinking of trying it, I have just installed it and will give it a go in the morning - stay tuned...

GT182
January 1st, 2010, 04:54
Mike a much better place is the SubSim forums..... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php

I haven't been there in awhile but those guys can do things for SHIII and IV you wouldn't believe. The new SHV coming out should be the best of all. Happy New Year.

Lionheart
January 1st, 2010, 11:58
Man.. SH1 and SH2 were some of my faves. I played those things for hours on end. What was cool in SH1 Officers Edition was that you could sit on the ocean floor, and they wouldnt detect you. Also, you could expell debris and oil to cause the destroyers to possibly leave you alone.

Great fun.

I couldnt get into SH4. It took too long to get to waypoints, and fast forward usually grounded me on an island that I didnt catch in time. Awesome graphics though. Amazing games.

What a long ways since the first U-Boot sub game from years and years ago, what was it called.... arghh.. Wolves of the Deep?

GT182
January 1st, 2010, 12:40
You should have tried SHIII Bill. The only bad thing about it tho was Starforce being in it. UBI did away with it in SHIV after we made such a stink over it. Hopefully V will be without it too.

Lionheart
January 1st, 2010, 13:30
You should have tried SHIII Bill. The only bad thing about it tho was Starforce being in it. UBI did away with it in SHIV after we made such a stink over it. Hopefully V will be without it too.

I had them all! :d

The 'nazi-ism' of SHIII didnt sit well with me though. For some reason, I just couldnt play it. The bootup screen in red with the swastika kept freaking me out, lol.... Maybe if I could somehow change that, I could play it a bit more.

For some reason, I have always loved U-Boots, as a technology and all. But SH3 for some reason caused something inside to click.

Sounds crazy.. I know.. I guess I live a sheltered life.

Bill

GT182
January 1st, 2010, 16:22
They do have different boot-up screens for SHIII Bill. Some pretty nice ones too, and I believe a few without the swastika. But you'd have to search for them over at SubSim. I'm not sure but I might have a couple stashed away in all my saved SHIII mods..

GT182
January 3rd, 2010, 05:20
Ok... I've been all over in different sectors looking but can't find the Best Buy/Sell software for my ship. I've looked from Argone Prime all the way to Family Whi, at every Trading Station, Equipment Dock and Shipyard to be found. It's not to be had anywhere.

And with this install of the Apricot Salvage Mod I've not seen a ship yet to grab. Yeah, it's installed correctly in the Plugin Manager and enabled. The command to salvage a ship is even there. Could it be I started with Quick Start and not as a Humble Merchant? Quick Start gives you more credits at the start, that's the reason I went that route. ;)

Now the very first time I installed it it worked. I was at Cloud Base SW and saw several derect ships to salvage but couldn't because the Salvage command wasn't there.

Marlin
January 3rd, 2010, 14:18
Ok... I've been all over in different sectors looking but can't find the Best Buy/Sell software for my ship. ...

What Gigabyte said below!!!!

Marlin, if you are having problems locating anything in the game I strongly suggest getting the X3 Map by Scorp, it is a standalone map program that has an excellent search feature that will tell you where anything you want/need can be found. You can download the program here - http://www.suu-design.com/downloads.html. The other neat thing about this mapping program is you can configur it so that it only displays sectors that you have already discovered in game so it does not add a cheat factor. Having said that I always found that it is a little unrealistic to not have access to a complete map, after all in real life you can purchase a map for anywhere you are going and have it for reference so why should you not have that ability in the game? Regardless this mapping program is an excellent add on and I highly recommend it.

Oh and a quick tip on the Best Buy/Sell locators, they are designed to help make "Profit" right so they have to be made and sold by Teladi - "It's all about the Profits" for them, they kind of remind me of the Frengi from SNG.

Regarding your rep with some races, yes if you trade with a race it will improve your reputation with that race, it will not be easy if they are your enemy now they will not allow you to dock to make trades, however if you go to sectors that do not have "Core level" security, you may be able to adjust the "Friend or Foe" status - which is not a cheat, it is in the General commands menu, to start trading with stations and repairing your good name. BTW if I recall the only races that you should P.O. in the story line are the Pirates and the Xenon, so you may have gotten a little trigger happy in a mission or two and that will be a challenge to repair the relations with "unfriendlies".

[/QUOTE]

gigabyte
January 3rd, 2010, 15:17
Ok... I've been all over in different sectors looking but can't find the Best Buy/Sell software for my ship. I've looked from Argone Prime all the way to Family Whi, at every Trading Station, Equipment Dock and Shipyard to be found. It's not to be had anywhere.

And with this install of the Apricot Salvage Mod I've not seen a ship yet to grab. Yeah, it's installed correctly in the Plugin Manager and enabled. The command to salvage a ship is even there. Could it be I started with Quick Start and not as a Humble Merchant? Quick Start gives you more credits at the start, that's the reason I went that route. ;)

Now the very first time I installed it it worked. I was at Cloud Base SW and saw several derect ships to salvage but couldn't because the Salvage command wasn't there.

OK GT182, as for the abandined ships it might be the quick start, I did not use that one I started with the Appricot Mapping Services Start, so that could be your problem. I hate to say this but you may need to try starting fresh with that just to test it to be sure. You can just do a fresh start and zip around a few sectors to see if there are any ships to claim, it will not effect any of you save games so you can return without loosing anything as long as you do not save over them. I guess one other clue would be do you recall getting a message at your first start to save your game and reload for the AMS Mod to activate?

The other thing about abandoned ships is they are not always obvious, when you go to a sector bring up the sector map and scroll through the list of ships, any ship that does not have a compant or race listed infront of the ship name is up for grabs, most of the time they are way off the beaten track so you have to scout outside the normal traffic to find them and some are WAY out there, as in off the grid, so patrol some.

Regarding the Best Buy/Sell software you need to get to Teladi Space, most of their equipment docks and trading stations have that upgrade.

If all else fails you may need to restart with the AMS start, and BTW if you do you get a good fleet of ships and the freighters are already equiped to do Sector trading with evrything you need.

GT182
January 3rd, 2010, 15:37
I've got Scorp's map Bill. That is the greatest map I've seen of any you can get.

Mike, I did start over... saved my saves to a storage folder so I can get them back in if need be. I didin't see the Apricot Mapping Services start.... I don't think that's installed yet. So that could be my problem, I'll check and let you know.

gigabyte
January 3rd, 2010, 15:52
I've got Scorp's map Bill. That is the greatest map I've seen of any you can get.

Mike, I did start over... saved my saves to a storage folder so I can get them back in if need be. I didin't see the Apricot Mapping Services start.... I don't think that's installed yet. So that could be my problem, I'll check and let you know.

Go to the bottom of the menu the AMS start is under "Custom" it is a seperate page...

BTW if you would like them I have found a list of the stations that sell the Best Buy loactor, but I will hold off posting it unless you specifically want it.

GT182
January 3rd, 2010, 16:07
Ok Mike, it looks like that Save00 was the problem.

In Continue I now have:
Cloud Base SW
Julian - 03/13/2007
Ship - Apricot Gunbus
Account - 10,000,000Cr ...... man it's nice to start out rich. LOL

I think I've struck paydirt. My thanks Mike. :ernae: This :guinness: is for you.

Now a question... or two.

Can the Apricote Gunbus Mos v3a be installed and not mess things up? Slice says "Unzip download file to X3 directory". Just extract it right to the main X3 folder and all will go where it's supposed to? I hope.

I do have a 10 Cat and Dat files in the X3 folder already. He says copy it out and then install Gunbus. Then change 10 Cat and Dat to 11 Cat and Dat and copy back in. Correct?

Hey, I'm still learning. So that's why the dumb a$$ questions for confirmation. ;) I don't want to mess this up, and it'll help the new players too, cause I'm sure there's some still scratchin their heads just like me. ;)

gigabyte
January 3rd, 2010, 16:20
10,000,000Cr ...... man it's nice to start out rich. LOL

Now a question... or two.

Can the Apricote Gunbus Mos v3a be installed and not mess things up? Slice says "Unzip download file to X3 directory". Just extract it right to the main X3 folder and all will go where it's supposed to? I hope.
;)

GT, there should be no need to download the Gunbus, if you are running the AMS Mod 2.11 or later the Gunsbus is already included, it is part of the AMS Fleet. If you do not already have one, you can buy it at the Apricot Mapping Service Shipyards, there is one in Argon Prime, Legends Home and another in Esylum of Light, I am sure there are others but those are the three I have used.

Keep in mind the AMS 3.11 and 3.2update are complete they include all of the AMS scripts and additional ships, you only need the one download to get everything. The other downloads were released over time and are sill avaliable for those who want to pick and choose.

MP

gigabyte
January 3rd, 2010, 16:29
GT, I just looked if you notice in your post you are in the GUNBUS... lol

In Continue I now have:
Cloud Base SW
Julian - 03/13/2007
Ship - Apricot Gunbus
Account - 10,000,000Cr ...... man it's nice to start out rich. LOL

GT182
January 3rd, 2010, 16:31
Ok on that Mike, I won't use AMS Gunbus v3a. It's a gone.

Crapola, now the Sav00 file I downloaded is corrupt. X3R will not start from it. Same with the alternate download.

gigabyte
January 3rd, 2010, 16:46
Ok on that Mike, I won't use AMS Gunbus v3a. It's a gone.

Crapola, now the Sav00 file I downloaded is corrupt. X3R will not start from it. Same with the alternate download.

Back up here a second, are you using AMS on Reunion or Terran Conflict? AMS Mod I have been talkign about is for Terran Conflict, if you are talking about Reunion the downloads are different, and I believe you do have to install each seperately, I do not recall seeing a complied version of all of the AMS stuff in a single download for Reunion. I am sorry if I led you astray here I forgot about X3R and AMS I have never even tried using any of his stuff in my Reunion games.

I do evpect that if you are using Reunion you would have to download the Gunbus, and unzip it directly into the parrent Reunion folder, that is the way all of his mods work and they install fine, then the sav.00 file will work fine.

Sorry about that GT I was in a whole other version when I replied.

GT182
January 3rd, 2010, 17:06
No Mike I'm sorry for not saying I was using Reunion. It's the Salvage Mod v1.1 I'm using. The Save00 file I downloaded is for Reunion but is corrupt, or it's the Gunbus save00 file. I'm suspecting it's the one for Gunbus v3a.

There was a SaveOO file for the Reunion Salvage Mod but it seems I can't find it. I'll have to search some more.

I've got to get my act together and start using the TC version.

GT182
January 4th, 2010, 11:10
Just to let everyone know.... the JSGME Mod Installer does not work with X3. I've tried to load a couple of different mods with it and it was a "no go". But then again, I might have done something wrong. Maybe Mike or Bill has tried it and had better results. But from what I see so far, "it just ain't gonna work". Another case of "Damital".

gigabyte
January 4th, 2010, 18:22
No Mike I'm sorry for not saying I was using Reunion. It's the Salvage Mod v1.1 I'm using. The Save00 file I downloaded is for Reunion but is corrupt, or it's the Gunbus save00 file. I'm suspecting it's the one for Gunbus v3a.

There was a SaveOO file for the Reunion Salvage Mod but it seems I can't find it. I'll have to search some more.

I've got to get my act together and start using the TC version.

OK now I understand, I am going to try this on my copy of Reunion, I thin kI know how it works it should be easy enough for me to write you up a cheat sheet, leave it with me for tonight.

gigabyte
January 4th, 2010, 18:23
Just to let everyone know.... the JSGME Mod Installer does not work with X3. I've tried to load a couple of different mods with it and it was a "no go". But then again, I might have done something wrong. Maybe Mike or Bill has tried it and had better results. But from what I see so far, "it just ain't gonna work". Another case of "Damital".

That is another thing I have wanted to try I have the installer ready to go but have not had time to try, I will see if I can work it in tomorrow and report on that effort???