PDA

View Full Version : New Coastline for Guam search

CrisGer
December 17th, 2009, 21:06
Does anyone know where to get Kenneth Barrett's New Coastline for Guam, USA scenery for FS2004? I am trying to build a detailed Pacific region for FS9 and have not been able to find that coast.

OBIO
December 18th, 2009, 00:06
CrisGer

I use Rhumbaflappy's LOD 8 mesh...which covers all the Pacific and a huge chunk of Europe and North Africa (about 1/3 of the earth's land mass). I really haven't checked out much of the Pacific, but those who use it in CFS2 are very pleased with the accuracy of the mesh....the islands are where they are supposed to be, shaped like they are supposed to be. The mesh works fully in FS2002/FS2004. I also use Rhumbaflappy's LOD5/7 world wide mesh to improve the entire world, then have the LOD 8 mesh to enhance the covered area.

Here's a link to the CFS2 thread on the LOD 8 mesh....lots of files to download from the CFS2 library here and a couple of fix files from an outside server...but well worth downloading and installing.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=12820

OBIO

CrisGer
December 18th, 2009, 00:37
Hi Obio thanks ys i knew about Rhumbas meshes... i just planned to keep the default set up pretty much for now, as i dont have the time and energy to figure out the coast lines and i did not want to lose them. But thanks a lot for the reminders. :)