PDA

View Full Version : AVH Stirling Prop Fix

Autothrottle
December 17th, 2009, 19:26
Hello All,

Anyway to fix the black props on the Stirling?

rcafmad
December 17th, 2009, 21:15
Check the posts from Emile. He had the same problem with the propellers and corrected it by downloading the "i4_Shared .zip and installed it.
I donot where you installed the AvH Stirling. The zip has to loaded in the Aircraft folder in either case. Not in the shared folder in the aircraft folder

If this doesnot work? PM me and I will give you another way of correcting the problem.

BEAR - AvHistory
December 18th, 2009, 02:38
The prop fix has been added to the AvH site & the install instructions changed to help install it

lewis11777
December 18th, 2009, 02:51
The blacked out prop is a fairly easy fix. If you have a program that opens m3d files then open up the m3d file in the model folder that has the aircraft model name and look through the text strings for something with the file name such as "prop_german.dds". Propeller aircraft will have a texture file specifically for the animated propeller. Sometimes the modeller forgets to upload that file with the aircraft producing an improper rendering of the animation such as black prop. Many times the prop file of a plane you down load will have the same name as an existing prop folder and sometimes the game will intermittenly use the wrong file causing an improper rendering one time and using the correct file the next time you run the game. If it does not appear every time you start the game that means you have duplicate prop file names.

You will have to do a file search of your entire aircraft folder to find the duplicate file and rename accordingly. If it happens everytime you start the game then the file is probably missing or the modeller did not name the prop file correctly. If there is a prop file with the new airplane then check the M3D to see if the file name actually matches. If there is no prop file then go through all your propeller .dds files (in the shared folder) and rename them one at a time and run the game to see what will work with that plane. prop animation files are very similiar and sooner or later you will find one that will work with that aircraft.