PDA

View Full Version : December 17,1903...

thisizma
December 17th, 2009, 13:36
106 years ago, the Wright brothers changed the world and gave us the world of aviation. So, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I wonder if they were alive today what they would think of the Space Shuttle program, or the... well, you know.

stiz
December 17th, 2009, 13:59
106 years ago, the Wright brothers changed the world and gave us the world of aviation. So, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I wonder if they were alive today what they would think of the Space Shuttle program, or the... well, you know.

powered aviation .... they gave us powered aviation, the ground work was allready set ;)

thisizma
December 17th, 2009, 14:04
Yes.Really wasn't talking about gliders, balloons, or parachutes.

Wing_Z
December 17th, 2009, 15:10
Powered, sustained, controlled flight.
Richard Pearse crashed his powered machine into a gorse bush 9 months earlier.

But yes, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! it was a great day.

I reckon they'd think today's stuff fairly cool, but not outtasight.
Like we might view a positron multidimensional traction beam...
(Duck, here comes Lionheart) ;)

thisizma
December 17th, 2009, 15:34
Didn't know what a gorse bush was, so I looked it up. OUCH!

Wing_Z
December 17th, 2009, 15:43
:d

Actually, they probably would've thought today's stuff is outtasight.
It's just us that's lost our sense of Wonder...

thisizma
December 17th, 2009, 15:56
:d

Actually, they probably would've thought today's stuff is outtasight.
It's just us that's lost our sense of Wonder...
Very well put.:salute:

Wittpilot
December 17th, 2009, 16:15
The "powered flight" issue was always kinda funny... I found out something similiar when I spent some time in Germany... Apparently some German invented the light bulb & Edison stole his idea... They had a big monument dedicated to this guy and everything!

stiz
December 17th, 2009, 16:31
The "powered flight" issue was always kinda funny... I found out something similiar when I spent some time in Germany... Apparently some German invented the light bulb & Edison stole his idea... They had a big monument dedicated to this guy and everything!

the first flight is 50/50 as well, french guy call Clement Ader said he did the first powered flight of 984ft in the Ader Avion III. Guess we'll never know for sure

thisizma
December 17th, 2009, 16:53
the first flight is 50/50 as well, french guy call Clement Ader said he did the first powered flight of 984ft in the Ader Avion III. Guess we'll never know for sure
Some believe we never landed on the moon. Good quote.:icon29: