PDA

View Full Version : New top 30 games for iPhone / iPod Touch

Lionheart
December 17th, 2009, 00:10
Hey all,

Here are some of the top rated games for iPhone and iPod Touch.

http://www.loopinsight.com/2009/12/01/thirty-must-have-games-for-the-iphone-or-ipod-touch/

I see George Lucas has one of his older X-Wing games now available for iPhone. Looks pretty cool.

Some of the new car games look incredible.

The wild part about gaming and the iPhone / iPod are that there are only 3 buttons and an on/off switch. The rest is controlled by 'Roll' and 'Yaw' motions, similar to a Wii game controller. For instance, on some of the little sim games available for iPhone / iPod, your joystick up/down is controlled by tilting the iPod forward or backward. Rolling it side to side is your bank. Some have in-screen additional button zones for doing flips, special manuvers, etc, (firing at asteroids, dropping bombs, etc).

Can iPhone and iPod Touch be more adaptable and unique then that cool Sony pocket high technology game unit? I am curious to see what the newest super think, small iPod Nano will be like next year. I am sure they will have some new things squeazed into that little gadget. Already, they have a video camera now mounted in it. How compact can you get?

Bill

Bjoern
December 17th, 2009, 03:24
I wonder whether there's a similar list for Symbian.

I'm stuck with some less than awe-inspiring games on my i8910. But at least I'm the king of Solitaire now.