PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Universe; Justice

Lionheart
December 16th, 2009, 19:32
Hey all,

I finally got to see the latest episode of Stargate Universe today at the hospital. (I kept missing it and so I purchased the episode on iTunes, loaded it onto my iPhone, and while sitting with a family member in the hospital, while she was sleeping, I was able to see it, front to back).

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!

Rush (cough cough) that little freak, gets what he deserves... After what he did to the Colonel, I think he deserved it. What a mess that noooot has caused on each episode..

On a different topic on the same episode, I was so waiting to find out what happens concerning the 'sweet potato' LOLOLOL.....

I was sooooooo cracking up..

Bill

harleyman
December 17th, 2009, 00:31
I have never evenn seen the program....

But you gotta love the technoligy involved..

At the hospital, I hope all is Ok then....:engel016:

exc141ac
December 17th, 2009, 04:52
Series a major disappointment IMO.
But I did enjoy the last one --
although ya know he is going to show up again.

Aside: Comcast just lowered SyFy to Basic service --
the other day ScFy had a Bond movie --
and then wrestling!!!

They must be really hurting --
deservedly!

Eoraptor1
December 17th, 2009, 05:54
I'm watching it right now. We have on-demand service as part of our cable package. I miss a lot of shows. Firefly had its whole series run and was cancelled before I even knew it was on. I only ever saw it in syndication on SyFy. I'll catch up over the weekend; I got the DVD set from the library yesterday.

What I do hope happens on SG: Universe is they eventually generate enough power to turn some more lights on. Am I the only one who thinks a lot of this generation of cinematographers never got past their class in film school covering noir movies? I saw on TCM that Val Lewton said that as much as anyting, the noir aesthetic came from those films being "B" movies without the lighting budget of the "A" features. Anyway, I'm getting tired of squinting to see peoples' faces.

JAMES

Lionheart
December 17th, 2009, 08:06
Aside: Comcast just lowered SyFy to Basic service --
the other day ScFy had a Bond movie --
and then wrestling!!!

They must be really hurting --
deservedly!

I hear you man. Wrestling on a SciFi channel???? lol.. So its related to science and fiction then?

Same with the gore movies, like the 'rock monster'.. Come on.. Why not air old episodes of past science fiction shows like what we are paying for? Why not show all the different versions of Star Trek, show Star Wars movies and run Star Wars clone wars.. What happened to the meaning of 'Science' and Fiction?

Wrestling? Saw?

EDIT: I got it.. How about creating a new channel called the Freak channel, and have all the gore movies and wrestling on it. Then have the Science Fiction channel for something totally different. Something like... mmm.. Science Fiction.. What do you think? That way, when people pay for 'science fiction', they would actually get it.. :d

Bill

Lionheart
December 17th, 2009, 08:12
Series a major disappointment IMO.
But I did enjoy the last one --
although ya know he is going to show up again.

Ive actually enjoyed the show. I am impressed with it. I like how everything is grungy and realistic. They also use some cool photography techniques that I had first seen in Battle Star Galactica version two, (moving camera, quick shots, etc).

Yes, he'll get that ship going again and meet back up with them to torment them some more. Hopefully its not a replicator ship, lol... arrgh. Hopefully something very original and new.

Bill

MCDesigns
December 17th, 2009, 09:15
While SGU has been a disappointment to me also, I went and checked out "Justice" after seeing this thread (missed the last couple of episodes). Gotta say, I really didn't see leaving Rush on the planet coming, afterall, they are trying to survive and despite the many personality conflicts, they are all in it together. I am glad though, didn't like Rush, but like Bill said, he'll probably get the ship working and be back.
I do find it a bit odd though, if you are in a situation where you are barely surviving, how do you have the mindset and the resources to hold a trial and do paperwork?

Wish MGM would hurry up with Stargate: Extinction, I need my SGA fix.

Lionheart
December 17th, 2009, 11:45

I havent heard about this... Fill me in..

Bill

GT182
December 17th, 2009, 12:43

I havent heard about this... Fill me in..

Bill

It'll probably be out Dec 21, 2012. ;)

Eoraptor1
December 17th, 2009, 13:43
Stargate Extinction wiki HERE: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate:_Extinction

JAMES

MCDesigns
December 17th, 2009, 14:25
Thanks for the link James. As many know the way any of the old SG series can continue is made for DVD movies, see the last two for SG-1. Problem is, the economy has forced MGM to halt production last I heard on the first SGA movie and the next SG-1 movie. I actually just finished my second watching of the SGA DVDs, so I need more, LOL.

Just found out that SGU will go another season, oh well, at least it's more for the SG franchise. Just found this poll on how well it's been received from some of the fans on the first half, interesting.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9417/sgpoll.jpg

exc141ac
December 18th, 2009, 04:57
SG-U:
Too much of a very small set offering.
Too "Lost in Space."
Desperate need of a race of bad guys.
Too much internal conflict.

and -- oh yah, boring.

At the rate they are going -- the crew is going to need replenishment along with things like plot development, interest . . . .

Am I being to hard on it?

Gdavis101
December 18th, 2009, 17:59
I have had a hard time buying into SG Universe, haven't really watched an episode yet that I didn't fast forward through the boring fluff just to get to the end... Being a fan of SG1 and Atlantis I am hoping it gets better, will continue to watch though.

Gdavis101
December 18th, 2009, 18:03
As for the straight to DVD releases there was an interview with the main character, John Shepard, from Atlantis that said the movies have been put on hold because of the poor reaction to the last couple of Galactica straight to DVD releases... He did state that the movie is still planned, and I believe one is planned with SG1 as well but release is up in the air because they hadn't even started production yet.

Lionheart
December 18th, 2009, 19:05
Man.. This is really wild. I really enjoy SG-U and didnt care for Atlantis that much. There were some good episodes, but its like, how was it that everyone on other worlds were;
A. Humanoid pure
B. Spoke North American (Canadian?) English
C. Wear makeup and well done hair with leather skin clothing.. every single race...!

I did like the large USAF and CRAF ships that interacted with Atlantis. That was always great. For me anyways.

I just couldnt get into Atlantis. I could never figure it out. And for some reason, I am way into SG-U, and I cannot put my finger on why with that program as well..

Bill

Gdavis101
December 18th, 2009, 19:18
I think my biggest problem is that I want it to be like the other shows and it is clearly not..

Eoraptor1
December 19th, 2009, 08:48
If I have the Stargate audience right (everyone should know by now that I have a love/hate relationship with nerds and SF forums) they like two thematic elements: 1) the Macgyver element of improvisation and problem solving; and 2) The Special Ops element, with lots of automatic weapons fire at irretrievably evil aliens bent on destroying the Earth. This has been a very successful format for the series run. People make fun of Richard Dean Anderson; there's a running set of gags on him on SNL, but he's always been spot on about finding his audience. So far, Universe has been long on point 1 but short on point 2. There's been a lot effort in just getting the ship to work, but no evil race of orcs to shoot without remorse. The conflicts have been between members of the crew who think they know better than others.

JAMES

Lionheart
December 19th, 2009, 09:05
If I have the Stargate audience right (everyone should know by now that I have a love/hate relationship with nerds and SF forums) they like two thematic elements: 1) the Macgyver element of improvisation and problem solving; and 2) The Special Ops element, with lots of automatic weapons fire at irretrievably evil aliens bent on destroying the Earth. This has been a very successful format for the series run. People make fun of Richard Dean Anderson; there's a running set of gags on him on SNL, but he's always been spot on about finding his audience. So far, Universe has been long on point 1 but short on point 2. There's been a lot effort in just getting the ship to work, but no evil race of orcs to shoot without remorse. The conflicts have been between members of the crew who think they know better than others.

JAMES

Thats a good analysis James. I didnt really think of that. O'Nealle really did have that 'McGyver' thing going in Stargate, and the humor element as well. There isnt one episode that doesnt have me in stitches from laughing at least one time in the show.

I watch these SciFi shows for the 'technology' and the 'alien elements'. In SG-U, I appreciate the actors elements as well which adds some realism. I tend to like to see comraderie and 'fighting for good' these days in shows. Seeing the Colonel, his number one, and Eli always trying to do the right things, being fair, fighting against the groups that are doing things too risky has me kind of caught up in their battle, lol.. (like dealing with Rush. Getting rid of him was like watching my fave football team make the last goal and winning the game).

Bill

Eoraptor1
December 21st, 2009, 16:57
Thats a good analysis James. I didnt really think of that. O'Nealle really did have that 'McGyver' thing going in Stargate, and the humor element as well. There isnt one episode that doesnt have me in stitches from laughing at least one time in the show.

I watch these SciFi shows for the 'technology' and the 'alien elements'. In SG-U, I appreciate the actors elements as well which adds some realism. I tend to like to see comraderie and 'fighting for good' these days in shows. Seeing the Colonel, his number one, and Eli always trying to do the right things, being fair, fighting against the groups that are doing things too risky has me kind of caught up in their battle, lol.. (like dealing with Rush. Getting rid of him was like watching my fave football team make the last goal and winning the game).

Bill

Thank you, Lionheart, for your sentiments. Be sure to check out the link I posted on Sci-Fi ships on the Foundation thread.

JAMES