PDA

View Full Version : Hey Moe In The Hospital: I updated it case you were interested

hey_moe
December 16th, 2009, 13:48
I had to take Mike to the emergency room this morning because both of his hands were swelled so bad it look like they were going to pop. As you know he is very hard headed and stubborn when it come to something like this. Mike was in so much pain he was unable to open a door or touch anything,or have anyone touch the swelling.I am not going into detail what cause this because it's to much medical talk, other that he has a large amount of fluid built up. Kind of like a bad infection and gout. If any of you have ever had a bad case of gout with a bad infection, you will know how much pain he is in. He is still up there I just came home to pack some clothes for the both of us. They informed him today they might have to remove three fingers on the right hand and his left thumb. He is pretty upset right.We should know something tommorrow morning.Please refrain from trying to contact him on the cell or home phone. I don't want to tie up the lines.Mike is already ready to come home, but they informed him they don't think it is a good ides. He is in ICU. I will try and keep you informed. Please take the time and say a prayer for my best friend and husband, ...his wife Linda.

Curtis P40
December 16th, 2009, 14:02
I'm speechless. Thank you for taking the time to post. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mike.
May everything turn out well.
Curt

Tako_Kichi
December 16th, 2009, 14:03
WOW!....so sorry to hear this and I wish Mike a speedy recovery with the least amount of trauma possible.

My thoughts are with you both.

Dain Arns
December 16th, 2009, 14:03
Thanks Linda. Definitely our thoughts and Prayers will be for Mike tonight!

We ask the good Lord who is the healer of all things to look upon your servant Mike tonight and heal him immediately of this infection. Lord we ask that you guide the doctors into making the right decisions and that Mike is able to have both of his hands completely cured without loss of any fingers and thumbs. Jesus Christ we most humbly ask this in your name. Amen.

Can I please have someone in agreement with my prayer for Moe?

Snuffy
December 16th, 2009, 14:08
Thank you Linda!

You did good posting here.

Tell Mike to get well soon and quit being so hard headed.

I have gout (every now and again) so I know what he suffers.

Thanks again!

Ickie
December 16th, 2009, 14:15
wow my thought are with him

Francois
December 16th, 2009, 14:25
I am so sorry to hear that, Linda. Thank you very much for keeping us informed and please convey my best wishes to Mike. Wishing yourself strength too, it is always bad when a loved one is in trouble. Hope they will be able to fix him !!!

Warmest regards,
Francois

Chacha
December 16th, 2009, 14:28
Oh Linda,

Hannah and I will include him and your family in our prayers.

Tell Mike DO NOT BE STUBBORN.... I hope and pray he comes home without anything taken away from him. Linda be strong, you all in our prayers!

We hope he heals fast, in Jesus name!

Charles Mike Moughamian be healed in Jesus name!

:engel016:

Chacha
December 16th, 2009, 14:32
Thanks Linda. Definitely our thoughts and Prayers will be for Mike tonight!

We ask the good Lord who is the healer of all things to look upon your servant Mike tonight and heal him immediately of this infection. Lord we ask that you guide the doctors into making the right decisions and that Mike is able to have both of his hands completely cured without loss of any fingers and thumbs. Jesus Christ we most humbly ask this in your name. Amen.

Can I please have someone in agreement with my prayer for Moe?

I pray in agreement with you Dain, in Jesus name!

Amen and amen :engel016:

PRB
December 16th, 2009, 14:33
Thanks, Linda, and get well soon, Mike!!

ananda
December 16th, 2009, 14:38
My thoughts are with you both.

George

Oglivie
December 16th, 2009, 14:41
I'm very sad to read about Moe's medical problem. I hope that everything can be done for him and his recovery goes as best as possible. Prayers sent.

FlyTexas
A full and speedy recovery to you, Mike.

Brian

Ickie
lets send him some man flowers to brightin' up his room and to say Hi from SOH

use the donate button at top of page and in the box at paypal write Hey Moe

I will call linda and get the address.

Crusader
December 16th, 2009, 14:42
Thanks for informing us Linda . Mike , DO what they tell ya and you will get out of there sooner than you think . Best wishes for a speedy recovery . You will be back BSing with your fellow "Outhousers" before you know it .

Rich

paiken
December 16th, 2009, 14:53
Linda, you have my complete sympathies and prayers. I know how hard this must be for you, but know that everyone here is pulling for Mike and you. Take all the warm fuzzies you can get.

Dangerousdave26
December 16th, 2009, 15:03
I pray in agreement with you Dain, in Jesus name!

Amen and amen :engel016:

Amen to the Amens

I can not express how shocked I am.

Linda I will add Mike to the Prayer Chain at Church.

OBIO
December 16th, 2009, 15:13
This is shocking news to say the least. Mike and Linda, you both will be in my prayers.

And I will also pray in agreement for the Lord's healing for Mike.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

In the Name of Jesus, Whose precious blood saves and redeems us, I call down a healing upon Mike in his time of need. In the Blessed Name of Jesus, drive the infection and swelling from Mike's body and return it to a state of health. This I pray, in the Name Christ.

Tim

Kofschip
December 16th, 2009, 15:19
Linda and Mike, our prayers are with you.

Especially for Linda: Today I got my wife out of the hospital. We nearly lost her due to massive bloodclods in her lungs, but for now she is OK. I know what you are going through right now, please try to take it easy and above all try to get some rest, Mike does not need you sick now. -- Jerry

Rami
December 16th, 2009, 15:21
Many prayers and blessings to Hey_moe, Linda, and their family. May God heal you with a little trauma as possible, and watch over his family as well.

GT182
December 16th, 2009, 15:23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/faint.gif Shocked isn't the word for it....

Thanks for letting us know Linda. Tell Mike we're all pulling for him and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Get some rest hard head, and do as Linda and the Docs say! ;)

Henry
December 16th, 2009, 15:27
LINDA
you tell him from me he better take care of himself and get better
or i will come and give him grief
thats a promise
he is a fine man!
H

Prowler1111
December 16th, 2009, 15:38
Mike:
You´re in my prayers!

Ron

Good_2_Be
December 16th, 2009, 15:41
:engel016: Always :engel016:

harleyman
December 16th, 2009, 15:49
Thank you Linda..

Added to my prayers as well..Goodspeed to him...

harleyman
December 16th, 2009, 15:50

Going there right now...

Great idea.....Get the boy red roses to show our man love....:mixedsmi:

westview
December 16th, 2009, 16:04
All of my best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery!

spotlope
December 16th, 2009, 16:50
Geez, I'm really sorry to hear about Mike's woes. Mike, if you get a chance to see this, listen to your wife, buddy! They usually know more than we do about this whole "taking care of ourselves" thing. I'll be thinking of you, and sending thoughts for a speedy and thorough recovery. Hang in there, bud!

macduck
December 16th, 2009, 17:07
Amen!

Lionheart
December 16th, 2009, 17:11
Thank you Linda for letting us know. I pray he comes home intact and healed miraculously.

Dain,

I pray in agreement with you. Jesus, we pray your awesome healing is upon Mike.

Mike, we command healing into your hands in the name of Jesus with the Believers Authority Jesus blessed us all with.

Get well Sir.

Bill

jmig
December 16th, 2009, 17:11
I too will pray for Mike and Linda. May he recover fully.

Cazzie
December 16th, 2009, 17:12
Wow, I stay out for a day and boom, I'm hit with bad news from Randy, Mason, and Mike.

Please keep us informed Linda, as with the others, my prayers go out for the best.

Caz

JP127
December 16th, 2009, 17:16
My thoughts and prayers also.

Jeff

brad kaste
December 16th, 2009, 18:01
Like the rest of the chaps here,...it was a shock to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you Linda and of course Mike.

egypt23spitfire
December 16th, 2009, 18:05
...........I hope y'all can get this painfull debillitating malady under control

........i had a similar thing, "necrosis" from an alleged spider bite on one hand(gardening) ,swelled up like a balloon but slowly until i had to have pure morphine just to alleviate 30 percent of the pain (then surgery)
so i am in sympatico, soldier.
sendin ya bolts of healing arrows(or 50 cals):engel016:

.......:medals:.hang in there MIKE:medals:

RL_201
December 16th, 2009, 18:10
Linda, my thoughts go out to both you and Mike. Here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery as soon as possible, and for Mike to be home for Christmas.

Shawn

TomSteber
December 16th, 2009, 18:18
Prayer is on the way.

smilo
December 16th, 2009, 18:32
Linda,
thank you so much for taking the time
to let us know what has happened.
strength to you in these difficult times.
please send our highest regards to Mike
and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

and please, don't make us send Henry up there.

Silver Fox
December 16th, 2009, 18:41
Linda, you and Mike are in my thoughts.

Best wishes for Mike's complete recovery.

robert41
December 16th, 2009, 19:31
Sorry to hear this. Mike will be in my prayers.

Tom Clayton
December 16th, 2009, 20:09
he is a fine man!
That doesn't begin to cover it! If it wasn't for Mike, I'd still have a cold house!!! I'll be pitching in for flowers for sure.

Linda, if there's anything within my power that y'all need, Mike has my phone # - use it.

Moses03
December 16th, 2009, 20:10
Thanks for letting us know Linda. Speedy recovery for Mike!

Kevin

TARPSBird
December 16th, 2009, 20:11
Linda, very sorry to hear Mike is in the hospital. I visited your house in 2007 when Mike was helping me with my computer. He is a great guy and I wish him a complete recovery. Pls keep us posted on how he's doing.

mike_cyul
December 16th, 2009, 20:15
Get well soon, Mike. We need 'ya. :)

Mike

HouseHobbit
December 16th, 2009, 20:32
Our prayers all are with Him..In agreement with all those that pray for his recovery
I shall Pray untill all is well..
May God Bless this family, and Moe..

lefty
December 16th, 2009, 20:40
Get well soon Mike - we need you back here....

best wishes from another Mike.

mfitch
December 16th, 2009, 21:14
What pain I have experienced (much less) is enough to generate great sympathy and concern based on this description.

In contrast reading all the messages of concern and support here is encouraging. I trust he will see these with the flowers.

Wyld45
December 16th, 2009, 21:45
Keep'er in the air Moe and get it back home!

<<S>>Wyld45

viking3
December 16th, 2009, 22:06
Sorry to hear about Moe's troubles. Hope he gets better soon.

Regards, Rob

djscoo
December 16th, 2009, 22:20
Praying for ya, Moe. Hang in there!

stiz
December 16th, 2009, 22:20
cant say anymore than whats allready been said really, get well soon mike

DonSPa
December 16th, 2009, 22:42
Im not on here much anymore and just saw this message.With all the prayers and a few who i see know how to use the name of Jesus and know how to agree,I know everything is fine and that Gods will ,will be done.This is a perfect season for miracles and i have seen a few over the years and believe this will be no different,i came here tonite a lil down and seeing some of these prayers is an inspiration,Moe and Linda even though i dont know u personally may God bless u both and ur family

peperez
December 17th, 2009, 01:21
...take care of yourself, my friend! Don't be so stubborn. We miss you.

Cheers from Brazil

Pepe

cristiano103
December 17th, 2009, 01:26
Moe & Linda
Even though I live far from You I hope that my wishes for a fine end of this story can reach You anyway, may God keep an eye upon You and your Family.
A pray from Italy

Cristiano

Murray Cod
December 17th, 2009, 02:34
I hope all goes well for a full and speedy recovery. be strong.

RickN
December 17th, 2009, 03:08
Our prayers are with you and Mike too.

Tell him that if he does not do as the doctors say, you are going to give all his computer stuff away. That should keep him there,

Pat Pattle
December 17th, 2009, 03:17
My best wishes Mike for a quick recovery, and to you too Linda.

Clive

Panther_99FS
December 17th, 2009, 03:55
Damn...
Linda, my prayers are out for you & Mike.....:frown:

hewman100
December 17th, 2009, 03:56
My thoughts and prayers go out to Mike, Linda and family. I hope like many others here he's home for Christmas.

deKoven
December 17th, 2009, 04:41
Oh gah !! I had a gout attack, just ONCE !! Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Here's my wishes for a speedy recovery; hope he has pretty nurses, at the least :salute:

Roger
December 17th, 2009, 04:57
Here's wishing a fast recovery! Take care Mike.

mariereid
December 17th, 2009, 05:26
Hi Linda; Let's hope for the very best outcome. You two are good, strong people, I know you will be able to deal with whatever life throws at you. Say "hi" to him for us. Mike, we love ya, man, hope you can get home soon, take care.

Lord, we seem to be asking you to take care of a new loved one everytime we turn around. Please, watch over Mike, watch over all of us. Thanks, Amen.

Ickie
December 17th, 2009, 05:28
thanks all

I sent out $275.00 today to:
Your payment for $275.00 USD to sales@fransfloristllc.com has been sent.
http://www.fransfloristllc.com/
I ordered a custom order to brighten' his room/day.
Payment details

Amount: $275.00 USD
Transaction Date: Dec 17, 2009
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: You've got money!

Daveroo
December 17th, 2009, 08:10
im a little late in seeing this....i too was hit with dismay when i saw he may lose fingers and a thumb....my father lost his toes..well half a foot..same place as in the movie roots..if any of you remember that scene...he is doing well but its still a problem..i PRAY they save his fingers and thumb for moes sake..my goodness i hope for the best...get well soon...i took some pills that my doctor had suggested..they were a "herb" thing..my hands swelled up 5 times normal size and they got cuts and bled,doctors said if the swelling didnt go down i would lose my pinky and thumb on both hand...i took a histimine and the sweeling went away....but dont take that as advice...only related MY expreance

im hoping and praying for his speedy and the best recovery

Cloud9Gal
December 17th, 2009, 08:46
Linda~ I'm so hoping things are getting better for Mike. I prayed for your family last night. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Mike is like family to all of us!
Remain strong and know that this SOH family is pulling for Mike. If there's anything we can do, please do not hesitate to reach out.
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Love/friends-067.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Love-Smileys.html)

Many blessings your way~http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Nature/stars-003.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Nature-Smileys.html)

minuteman10
December 17th, 2009, 08:47
...A speedy recovery is my wish for you Sir! Do whatever you need to do to get well...your health comes first!:wavey:

hey_moe
December 17th, 2009, 09:26
I am so deeply touch by what what I have read and I know my husband will be too. He is coming along ok, but very sore in both hands and arms. They removed the drainage tubes from his hands and finger which is a good sign and his hands aren't as black as they were yesterday morning.It also looks like gang green didn't set in like they expected.I know some in here are diabetic, so you will understand this part. They are keeping his blood sugar at around 70 to 80 counts to help with the healing.My husband can't stand to be pampered so this morning when I tried to feed him he said he can do it and fed himself hold the fork with both hands using his palms, now is that stubborn, and yes he got more on his chest than is his mouth...men.. If he behaves himself they might release him tomorrow for in home care...he is ready to leave now, thanks so much for all the kind words about my husband, I can see now why he enjoys coming in here, will try and keep you updated, bless each and everyone of you, love Linda.

Snuffy
December 17th, 2009, 09:35
Thanks for the update Linda ...

Tell Mike that he should worry more about taking care of himself than worrying about whats going on in this place. We miss him that's for sure but hey ... for now we'll be happy with out him while he heals.

As long as we know he's doing okay on the up.

Henry
December 17th, 2009, 09:37
Hope he gets home tomorrow
just tell him home care is great he will get a sponge bath
from henry:icon_lol:
no on second thoughts he will not come home then
just tell him he has a lot of people who care about him:guinness:
and in Mikes words Linda dont you take no Chet from him

H

& Co.
December 17th, 2009, 09:41
Please tell your husband to take good care of himself. His hands and fingers are priceless and worth much more than a bunch of sim nuts.
Threaten him if necessary - women can be soooo persuasive.

Ickie
December 17th, 2009, 09:53
what hospital is he in??

I need to know this, we/florist cannot find him

CBris
December 17th, 2009, 09:55
Get well soon there Moe! Gout - oh yesss, I do know.

HundertzehnGustav
December 17th, 2009, 10:04
he has a lot of people who care about him:guinness:
and in Mikes words Linda dont you take no Chet from him

True...

frequently i think about him, and am "moe" than happy to read that he seems (?) to have passed most dangerous. and without permanent damage too. :gameon:

Moe!
I wish you some patience with your "better half" - any help she offers isnt to make you feel weak, but it is to secure and speed up your recovery. Be wise for once, and accept that help.:wiggle:

Just the way you help others countless times a day...:ernae:

hubbabubba
December 17th, 2009, 10:54
Good news Linda!!!:applause:

I'm diabetic myself, and as much pig-headed as Hey Moe. So I know what you must be going through, so does my wife.:engel016:

Hang on, hang though.:173go1:

ronnybengt
December 17th, 2009, 11:03
god speed speedy recovery to the best..you r in our thoughts

ron

Lionheart
December 17th, 2009, 11:43
Thanks Linda for the update. I almost say 'keep him in there an extra day' to make sure everything continues healing.

Thanks for the awesome news. I am so glad he was able to keep all of his fingers.

Mike is an awesome guy and inspires people like me. Because of his stories of how he helps the homeless out on Christmas days, I have started doing things also for the homeless.

I pray he continues to heal.

Sounds dang scary. I have heard nightmare stories of this. A friend's finger got infected and he did nothing about it. His hand swelled up and poison got in his blood stream and he almost died. They were able to save his finger but had to scrape the bone. I cant imagine the pain that must have been like..

Bill

Chacha
December 17th, 2009, 12:02
Linda.

Thanks for the update...

Tell Mike we miss him .... tell him he needs to be obedient.

Men are like that, they do not want to be pampered, especially when they are sick. But the truth is they are babies... Ooops did I say it out loud. :bump:

We are continually praying for his fast recovery. :engel016: Thank you Jesus!!

mariereid
December 17th, 2009, 12:07
Well, that sure is good news! Let's keep hoping for the best. It should be "fun" taking care of him! Good luck, Linda.

Dain Arns
December 17th, 2009, 12:12
Hallelujah! Thank you Lord for your healing. Maybe help Moe take a little better care of himself in the future. :icon_lol:

Thank you for Mike and Linda and such a wonderful online community we have here. Our continued thoughts and prayers. :engel016:

David_L6
December 17th, 2009, 12:23

I didn't see any box to write Hey_Moe in. Money sent anyway.

N2056
December 17th, 2009, 14:55
It's good to hear that he is improving!
I'm rootin' for ya Moe! :engel016:

Snaker
December 17th, 2009, 15:16
I hope that all is going well. I will be thinking about you and your family.....

safn1949
December 17th, 2009, 15:42
Man,I just saw this.Dude,quit being a hard head and get well.Doggone I hate to see that happen to anyone.:USA-flag:

mrogers
December 17th, 2009, 16:45
I nearly missed this!
What an awful thing to have your hands and arms swell up like that...I am in agreement with Dain's, Chacha's and Obio's prayers for Moe. it's great to see that Moe still has all his fingers thankfully.
Hey Moe, try not to be stubborn!! Let others help you look after yourself please! Enjoy the home care!

Gramps
December 17th, 2009, 16:45
Comin in late here........................... take care of yourself Mike.

you'll be in our thoughts an prayers

Cratermaker
December 17th, 2009, 16:51
I missed this too until now. I hope you have a speedy recovery Mike.

DonSPa
December 17th, 2009, 21:38
thank God hes still in the miracle business but moe u need to do ur part and do as the Drs say to get a more speedy recovery

stansdds
December 18th, 2009, 02:14
I did not see this until this morning (Friday, Dec. 18). I'm glad he's doing better, prayers sent.

Trans_23
December 18th, 2009, 04:08
My prayers are with you Moe. Gods speed! Thanks for keeping us posted Linda.

Sascha66
December 18th, 2009, 04:17
Heartfelt get-well wishes from me, I hope Moe recovers completely and speedily.
All the best for the coming year, take care of your health, Moe & Linda!

Sascha

Ickie
December 18th, 2009, 05:40
from mike

I am at home now so the phone won't be off the hook...yes Linda does that too when I am not there.I'll call you sometime today....Mike

Tom Clayton
December 18th, 2009, 05:46
Great to hear!:applause:

Take care Mike!

lifejogger
December 18th, 2009, 07:24
Gee, I been out of touch for over a week and this is the first I have heard about this, get well soon Moe I'm praying for you.

aeronca1
December 18th, 2009, 07:25
My prayers are being added to all of those already on the way!!!

mariereid
December 18th, 2009, 07:31
Be careful bud, you might become a two finger typist, like me. I still got all of them, just can't seem to teach them anything.:salute:

jmig
December 18th, 2009, 09:01
It is really good to hear that you are home and your wife has tied you down. Merry Christmas Mike and Linda. :salute:

Odie
December 18th, 2009, 09:16
Hey Moe...Keep getting better, bud ! Best wishes for a speedy recovery !

cheezyflier
December 18th, 2009, 11:21
man, we're prayin for ya here too.
with all the prayer warriors you got on yer team, ya can't lose :applause:

Chacha
December 18th, 2009, 14:45
man, we're prayin for ya here too.
with all the prayer warriors you got on yer team, ya can't lose :applause:

Get well soon, Mike

The house is praying for your fast recovery in Jesus name! :engel016:

Eli & Hannah

hey_moe
December 18th, 2009, 16:44
I am speechless at what I have read, thanks for the flowers and all the goodies y'all sent me. Ya didn't have to do that at Christmas time. I am here just to say thank you for what all you guys and girls did....I am totally beat and worn out...talked with Ron this morning...miss the family in here.Going back to bed, see you tomorrow....thanks again, Mike

Chacha
December 18th, 2009, 16:45
I am speechless at what I have read, thanks for the flowers and all the goodies y'all sent me. Ya didn't have to do that at Christmas time. I am here just to say thank you for what all you guys and girls did....I am totally beat and worn out...talked with Ron this morning...miss the family in here.Going back to bed, see you tomorrow....thanks again, Mike

Mike,

We are just so glad you are back. We are so worried about what your condition was, thank you for Linda updating us about you.

One thing, do not be so stubborn.... Listen to the doctors and Linda.

We are so happy you are home already. Have a Merry Christmas!

And Thank you Jesus for answered prayer!

Cloud9Gal
December 18th, 2009, 16:52

Mike!!!!!!! Yay!!!! I'm so happy to see you are doing much better! Great to have you back! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy094.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
Quit scaring us like that!

Make sure to get plenty of rest and take it easy! http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Sleepy/sleep-037.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

Curtis P40
December 18th, 2009, 17:00
Hey, hey_moe. Good to hear your home and on the road to recovery. Take care
Curt:kilroy:

Henry
December 18th, 2009, 17:54
look i dont care how you are you are getting a sponge bath from me:mixedsmi:
im on me way
H

Cloud9Gal
December 18th, 2009, 17:58
look i dont care how you are you are getting a sponge bath from me:mixedsmi:
im on me way
H

And I dear Sirs, would pay BIG money to see that!!! http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Happy/happy-131.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

H. you are too much! LOL! http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Happy/happy-026.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

Cazzie
December 18th, 2009, 18:03
Glad you're home for the holidays Mike, rest and get better soon. Has the blizzard hit Tidewater yet? We're to get 12-14" by tomorrow afternoon.

Caz

Panther_99FS
December 18th, 2009, 18:17

Alright ya' old fart - FANTASTIC to see you back!!!!! :ernae: :ernae: :ernae:

(Now quit bein' so stubborn & let Linda pamper you...:bump:)

Willy
December 18th, 2009, 22:11
I take a few days off for my daughter's wedding and all hell breaks loose.

Take it easy Mike and get better. Did they say what caused it?

OBIO
December 18th, 2009, 23:00
Mike

Glad that you are home and that things look better on the medical front. Please take it easy, listen to Linda...she may look like a woman, but she is a wife...which means that inside she is your guardian angel anointed by God to look after you...just as you are her defending angel anointed by God to look after her.

And I'm not sure why you would be surprised about the support and prayer that the members have for you. You have been the driving force behind so much of the good that has been done via this site and the members love/trust/respect you...pure and simple. We have rallied behind you as you set out on a mission of mercy....so it is only natural that we would rally around you in your time of need.

You and Linda will remain in my prayers and my thoughts.

Tim

PeteHam
December 19th, 2009, 00:24
Mike,

I join with the rest of your family here and pray for your speedy recovery.

Take care and do as your wife says :salute:

:ernae:

Pete.

gigabyte
December 19th, 2009, 01:46
Mike you old *****. ya had everyone all scared half ta death, so glad you are back home

I can relate very well to your situation I have suffered from the same condition described (3 times in the past 10 years) and the last time came close to loosing some fingers. It is very painful and can get very serious VERY fast listen to the Doc's they really do know best about this stuff.

Mike "Ears Hopin" Partridge...

Snuffy
December 19th, 2009, 04:20

That figures ... the doctors tell you to go home and stay the hell off the computer and not to use your fingers ... and what do you do? When Linda's not looking you post!

:173go1:

Just worry about gettin better Mike, we'll survive just fine while you recoup.

Good to see ya home and alive! :ernae:

GT182
December 19th, 2009, 04:41
Great to see you're home Mike. I ain't gonna preach on what to do like everyone else is.......... :rolleyes:. The hell I'm not!!!!!! DO AS the Doctor said and what Linda says too. Ya doesn't want to go back to that place does ya? ;)

Just get better and we'll see ya on here in a few days. All the best mate. :salute:

RickN
December 19th, 2009, 13:32
Glad to see your home, now do like everybody says and let Linda take care of you. At least until she gets tired of you. :D

Wulf190
December 19th, 2009, 21:54
Hey Moe!

Glad to see that your back on your two feet again.

I'm late to the party, so what caused your hospital episode? Have you been messing around with new computer equipment again?! :bump:

Lionheart
December 19th, 2009, 22:27
Hey Mike,

Glad you're home safe and sound and in one piece. Get better man.

We need you healthy.

God blessed us with you. We dont want to lose you man.

Bill

Gdavis101
December 19th, 2009, 22:38
I am glad to see that you are doing better and home now.. Get to feeling better!

Kofschip
December 20th, 2009, 11:08
Mike, I am glad you are home. Now take it easy, we need you to "hang around" here.....

Hiede
December 20th, 2009, 16:59
It's so good to hear you're doing better.My prayers are with you.Take it easy and enjoy the Holidays with your kids and grandchildren-"Old Man":icon_lol:

Hiede

hey_moe
December 21st, 2009, 06:37
Had to go back to the ER,because it was still swelling and I had a temp of 104.They called a hand surgeon, he pulled off the thumb nail,and split open both sides of thumb with four inch cut.After he finished playing with it he opened up both sides of the thumb and put packing in each cut...yeah buddy..lol. He also said if it doesn't start showing some type of healing, he might have to remove the thumb and what ever they see once they operate.He doesn't want gangrene The reason it is talking so long to heal is because I am diabetic.I asked him why my blood sugar was between 400 to 490, he said because of the infection. I was only shooting insulin twice a day, now it's anywhere from 10 to 15 times a day. Blood sugar on a normal person is between 100 to 120.I see him again on Wednesday, and he will let me know if he has to remove the thumb or the thumb and part of the hand. I am kinda scared to have to loose part of my hand and Linda is stressed out to the max with what he said. I guess Moe is just a puss...lol..By the way, I would like to thank the members,staff,and admin. for showing this kind of concern....thanks again...Mike

Chacha
December 21st, 2009, 06:44
Be healed, Charles Mike, in Jesus name. :engel016:

Amen

kilo delta
December 21st, 2009, 06:46
We're all routing for ya on this side of the pond,Mike. Get well soon.:)

hewman100
December 21st, 2009, 07:54
Blimey Mike! We're all with you in spirit. As a wise Roman once said: "Noli Illegitame Carborundum"

cheezyflier
December 21st, 2009, 07:59
"Noli Illegitame Carborundum"

or as cheezy once said (in english of course)

"you can never have too much chocolate"

p14u2nv
December 21st, 2009, 09:27
Hang in there Mike and I wish you the very best in your recovery.

Diabetes is a terrible disease for some. I have terrible nerve damage from my bouts...along with other damage to other organs in my body...and to think I never knew I had it either and it doesn't run in my family at all. So do check your own health and make it a habit. Too many have this and other disease(s) nowadays and are simply unaware of it.

I'm so impressed by folks here at SOH, as you are not afraid to pray to GOD and in a heartbeat too. Refreshing considering what is happening for real elsewhere in this screwy world.

SOH is a nice place to come to and escape for awhile...thank you ALL for that!

GOD Bless You ALL...

:USA-flag:

grunau_baby
December 21st, 2009, 11:03
Hang on! Speedy recovery! Hope you get over it soon!

Regards
Alex

jedster1
December 21st, 2009, 15:44
Hey Mike!

I doubt you'd remember me (we met in DC at the Avsim show), but I do hope you're feeling much better, take care of that thumb, and thanks for helping out my bro Tommy at Thanksgiving. :medals:

Oh, and Merry Christmas!! :ernae:

Brian
December 21st, 2009, 17:04
So sorry to hear this Linda, I hope God will help him heal and be able to come home soon.

whitehawk_2009
December 22nd, 2009, 03:45
Thoughts and prayers are with you both, hang in there.

WH

2Low
December 22nd, 2009, 04:32
Sorry to learn of this. Take care of yourself, just do what they say. I'm hoping for a seasonal intervention for you.

I'll keep you in my prayers,
Rob

Edit - Just saw it's your birthday. Hope it is good as can be.

brad kaste
December 22nd, 2009, 06:31
.....We're ALL pulling for you Mike. You're on my prayer list.

Panther_99FS
December 22nd, 2009, 09:34
Be healed, Charles Mike, in Jesus name. :engel016:

Amen

WORD....(Of the Lord)....

hey_moe
December 22nd, 2009, 10:04
Here is a update on what just came in today. I guess the hand surgeon sent off some blood to see what is going on. He said the reason that I haven't seen in progress is because the infection is called >>> Mercer Infection. WTF is that. You can read about it here>>> http://www.medicinenet.com/mrsa_infection/article.htm They have prescribed many different types of antibiotics and none seem to have worked so far.The next step is to peel away the skin on my thumb and palm, flush out and clean and stitch it back up...you don't know how much I looking for that. What so weird about this infection is sometimes it feels like it is getting better then bam...it starts to swell and smart again.It has me worried to death along with Linda.

Henry
December 22nd, 2009, 10:25
Here is a update on what just came in today. I guess the hand surgeon sent off some blood to see what is going on. He said the reason that I haven't seen in progress is because the infection is called >>> Mercer Infection. WTF is that. You can read about it here>>> http://www.medicinenet.com/mrsa_infection/article.htm They have prescribed many different types of antibiotics and none seem to have worked so far.The next step is to peel away the skin on my thumb and palm, flush out and clean and stitch it back up...you don't know how much I looking for that. What so weird about this infection is sometimes it feels like it is getting better then bam...it starts to swell and smart again.It has me worried to death along with Linda.
dang! i do feel for ya
worried dont help take it easy
H

mariereid
December 22nd, 2009, 13:01
Dang, Mike. I hate having to go to the hospital. Do what they tell ya to do. I know it's easy to say, but try to keep your spirits up. We are all pulling and praying for ya.

Chacha
December 22nd, 2009, 13:05

Mike,

We are still praying for you!

We are sending prayers your way! :engel016:

Night and day we pray for you! Be strong...

OBIO
December 22nd, 2009, 13:20
Mike

Sorry to hear that things are a bit worse off for you. MRSA is nasty stuff to say the least. The result of the over use of antibiotics in our daily lives, MRSA can be very difficult to down right impossible to get rid of..depending on the exact strain. Deb contracted MRSA in her right eye while she was in the rehab facility following her brain surgery....and it took months to kill it off. A friend of mine contracted MRSA in her knee following a knee replacement surgery 5 years ago...and they have never been able to get rid of it....though hers was the absolute worst strain of MRSA.

Will continue to pray for you both.

OBIO

cheezyflier
December 22nd, 2009, 13:20
prayin here too man!

robert41
December 22nd, 2009, 16:51
Hang in there Moe.

TARPSBird
December 22nd, 2009, 18:33
Mike, hang in there pal. That MRSA sounds nasty. You have our prayers and good wishes for a quick recovery. :)

Cees Donker
December 22nd, 2009, 23:28
Mike,

I hope things turn out o.k. Get well!

:kilroy:

Cees

hewman100
December 22nd, 2009, 23:37
MRSA is nasty stuff. Hospitals on this side of the pond have been fighting it for a while now

gigabyte
December 23rd, 2009, 02:38
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Mike, MRSA is a nasty bug and can be very tricky, I have batteled it myself. I ended up in hospital twice and the last time came close to loosing 3 fingers so I can relate to your situation very very well. I have had MRSA in both hands now and have some ugly scars to show for it, thankfully by the grace of god and some excellent medical care I am still in one piece.

The one mistake many people make with this infection is stopping agressive treatment too soon "Tough Guy Syndrome" just because it is starting to feel and look a little better does NOT mean it is getting better. DO NOT stop the meds until they are completley finished!

Take care of yourself Mike and please listen to Linda and the Doc's this one is nothing to fool with!

"Ears Hopin" you are right and Ready in no time!

hey_moe
December 24th, 2009, 03:27
Somebody upstairs must like me. Yesterday evening was the first positive thing I have heard in over a week.For once since this crap started it looks like we are finally making head way.The swelling is starting to go down, my right hand is still black and blue but the surgeon informed us that everything will stay in tact. You guys don't know how worried I have been over that part. Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts. I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas...Mike

Duckie
December 24th, 2009, 04:36
GREAT news, Mike. Seems like now you can have a little more piece of mind over the Christmas holiday.

Merry Christmas to you, sir, your wife Linda, and the rest of your family.

(Prayer is a good thing.)

Steve

ananda
December 24th, 2009, 04:38
Lookin good Mike :jump:

Seasons greetings to you and your family.

George

jmig
December 24th, 2009, 04:51
Somebody upstairs must like me.... You guys don't know how worried I have been over that part. Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts. I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas...Mike

Well, I know I expressed my concerns to my wife and prayed for you. I am willing to bet that all the gang did much the same.

Merry Christmas Mike, I am sure it looks a lot Merrier now.

:guinness:

Tom Clayton
December 24th, 2009, 05:29
Great news Mike!

smilo
December 24th, 2009, 05:39
Happy Holidays, Mike and Linda.
Be Well, Be Safe,
Keep Your Guard Up.

mariereid
December 24th, 2009, 05:41
I think He does like ya Mike. I hope it is smooth sailing from here on. Make sure you do everything needed to recover completely. Hang in there!:jump:

Curtis P40
December 24th, 2009, 05:50
Keep the good news come'n. Merry Chirstmas

Chacha
December 24th, 2009, 06:42
Somebody upstairs must like me. Yesterday evening was the first positive thing I have heard in over a week.For once since this crap started it looks like we are finally making head way.The swelling is starting to go down, my right hand is still black and blue but the surgeon informed us that everything will stay in tact. You guys don't know how worried I have been over that part. Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts. I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas...Mike

Thanks for the update Moe,

Have a wonderful Christmas and keep healing fast..... :running:

Thank you, Jesus :engel016:

Daveroo
December 24th, 2009, 06:49
good news..hope the healing continues...i have an active case of MRSA myself..its at the +1 stage so its going away but its in the wound bed from a surgery i had sept 1st...

Cazzie
December 24th, 2009, 06:52
Darn glad to hear from the horse's mouth Mike! :ernae:

Here's wishing you and Linda a very Merry Christmas and a speedy recovery on the way to the new year.

I'm rushing to go to my mother's, wife's working and I am trying to arouse two teenage boys to get them to bathe and get ready. Taint easy, but then you know exactly what I mean, the other gender ain't no better at that age. :icon_lol:

I could have gone all day without seeing Dave's piccie. Oooh!

Caz

Dangerousdave26
December 24th, 2009, 07:11
I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas...Mike

Thanks Mike but I will take a little less for myself if it will help you out. :icon_lol:

Glad to hear the good news.

Panther_99FS
December 24th, 2009, 07:34

Truly great news for the holidays Mike.....I'm happy for you & Linda.....

rayrey10
December 24th, 2009, 08:24
Great news Mike. Hope you get back to action soon.

N2056
December 24th, 2009, 12:56
This is great news to hear!
One of the things I hoped for at Christmas came true :engel016:

hubbabubba
December 24th, 2009, 14:15
Somebody upstairs must like me.

And many downstairs too:applause:. Joyeux Noël to Linda and you.

Marlin
December 24th, 2009, 16:50
Good news :engel016:

I hope you have a great Christmas!

itgamer
December 25th, 2009, 08:18
Great to hear hey_moe... Prayers do work! Keep a positive attitude!

Its always been one of the things that has always impressed me about the sim-outhouse group, decent supportive people, who are not affraid to say.. God Bless!

I just wish I had more time to be around. I will try to work on that.

Merry Christmas!

Kevboy
December 28th, 2009, 07:32
hey_moe Sorry only just read this thread, can't belive it. Thinking of you.
Kevboy.

txnetcop
December 29th, 2009, 01:35
Mike I just read this, been to several states last two weeks. I'm so sorry this has happened my friend. Donna and I said a prayer a while ago and will continue. Godspeed buddy! If there is anything we can do please let us know.
Ted and Donna
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

TUFFGUY67
December 29th, 2009, 03:25
Just returned after a drive to NJ for holiday and haven't been here for 2 weeks. My prayers for a quick and complete recovery have been sent!

May the New Year bring you the best of everything as well as your wife Linda who obviously is taking good care of you. Thanks, Linda for letting us here @SOH know what happened to Mike. God Bless you both.

Tom B.

"...BLUE SKIES..."

cheezyflier
December 29th, 2009, 08:31
great to hear you are on the mend!

Mithrin
December 29th, 2009, 11:18
I don't visit this section enough. Good luck with the recovery sir! I hope things will keep improving for you!