PDA

View Full Version : For all you folks in areas that get snow ...

Snuffy
December 16th, 2009, 04:16
Beware of the fact that your traffic divisions may have installed energy saving LED traffic lights at intersections.

These lights, while saving energy, don't generate enough heat to keep them from from snow and ice thus rendering them useless ...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20091215/US.Snow.Covered.Stoplights/

Be cautious and aware!

This is a public safety announcement.

Moparmike
December 16th, 2009, 04:54
Not LCD but LEDs...and yup we've had em up here in ND for several years now.

And yes, they do drift in with snow every now and then. Luckily, once the initial "I forgot how to drive on snow & ice" surge gets over with most folks around here are pretty cautious around the intersections.
Knock on wood!!!

Snuffy
December 16th, 2009, 04:57
Sorry my bad about LCD vs LED ... op corrected. :salute:

snotrocket
December 16th, 2009, 07:47
Nice. Not sure if there are any in Chicago, but we sure will find out soon enough. :)

Henry
December 16th, 2009, 07:58
thanks for the HU :icon_lol:
by the time i see snow i will have forgotten:isadizzy:
LOL
H

jmig
December 16th, 2009, 09:13
thanks for the HU :icon_lol:
by the time i see snow i will have forgotten:isadizzy:
LOL
H

Besides, who stops at red lights anyway?

MaddogK
December 16th, 2009, 10:23
Nice. Not sure if there are any in Chicago, but we sure will find out soon enough. :)

Got em all over once you hit Cicero, trust me- they don't mind if they get covered in snow cause the camera's get your plates when you blow the stop.

Got some sweet pics in the mail last year...:wiggle:

viking3
December 16th, 2009, 10:41
That also goes for semi-trailer lights. A lot of them are LED and like the stoplights they do not melt off the snow, so be careful out there on the highways.

Regards, Rob:ernae:

Dain Arns
December 16th, 2009, 11:49
We have 'em here. You learn to look for the glowing Red/Green snow. Stay away from the Yellow snow... :icon_lol:

(Two ... Two ... Two puns in one!)

Moparmike
December 16th, 2009, 12:23
We have 'em here. You learn to look for the glowing Red/Green snow. Stay away from the Yellow snow... :icon_lol:

(Two ... Two ... Two puns in one!)

:d Yup! Good one Dain!