PDA

View Full Version : Piece of crap EZ walk has made a mess - please help.

TheOptimist
December 15th, 2009, 20:27
I'm entering a screenshot competition with the deadline tonight and I'm having troubles, no thanks to that useless excuse for a program EZ walk.

Not only did it not work, it's completely ruined numerous things. For example;

1) FSX now doesn't run in full screen mode until I specifically tell it to (it used to launch in full screen.

2) Planes played with FSrecorder do not have external models - you just see the VC from outside.

3) I cannot take any screenshots from full screen. They come out completely black.

Everything was working perfectly before I used this crap program. It's deleted, I've restarted FSX, I've restarted the PC and nothing has changed. If I can't sort this out by later today I'll have wasted about 7 hours work.

Does anyone have any ideas? Somebody must have been unfortunate enough to use it?

djscoo
December 15th, 2009, 20:53
I used it, didn't have any of the problems you are describing. Have you tried inserting your FSX install disk and selecting the "repair" option?

TheOptimist
December 15th, 2009, 21:01
I havn't tried that yet. Would it remove all of my freeware aircraft and scenery as well?

djscoo
December 15th, 2009, 21:08
I havn't tried that yet. Would it remove all of my freeware aircraft and scenery as well?
No...it will replace any files present in the original install that are now missing or corrupt. It will not change any add-on scenery, or aircraft. Your settings may get reset but that's easy to fix.

Cleartheprop
December 15th, 2009, 23:19
I have two "camera.cfg" files in my C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX. (hidden directory)
One with the Ezwalk instruction and one unchanged. Whenever I want to use Ezwalk, I simply load the proper camera.cfg file.
I had some troubles with Ezwalk before; now seems to run properly.
Maybe try to manually erase the Ezwalk instruction in your camera.cfg file. It looks like :
[CameraDefinition.200]
Title=World walk Camera
Guid={607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF288380690}
Description=Ezdok Walk camera
Origin=Fixed
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=none
ShowAxis=No
AllowZoom=Yes
InitialZoom=1
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=True
Transition=Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category=Custom
ClipMode=Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=3
FixedLongitude=5.8835361110133
FixedLatitude=45.6352388889324
FixedAltitude=238.942494188529
Hope this helps..

Francois
December 16th, 2009, 01:15
If I can't sort this out by later today I'll have wasted about 7 hours work.

What's a mere 7 hours on eternity ??? Maybe you should also change your screen name ;-)

harleyman
December 16th, 2009, 01:36
What's a mere 7 hours on eternity ??? Maybe you should also change your screen name ;-)

LOL Good one..

I agree...7 hours is a walk in the park... I may have more like 1.700 in troubles with mine over the last couple years FSX has been out...LOL

But not any more....:applause:

dougal
December 16th, 2009, 03:12

:applause::applause:

Nice one F

TheOptimist
December 16th, 2009, 11:57
Thank you for all your help in solving the problem. Although all very good ideas (none of which I had thought of) I'm afraid none of them worked. I had to completely remove FSX from my system (in the process backing up all my add-ons etc) then reinstall from the ground up (including acceleration).

I have resolved the problem and completed the screenshot.

I may have been a little harsh on EZ walk, but any program that makes fundamental changes to your base FSX files should come with a warning, or at least instruction on how to get rid of it if it makes a mess.

Finally, I can assure you all that I am still an optimist, if I were anything else the computer would have been thrown out of the window by now.

Thanks again.