PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Generator 2.0 updated ...

Snuffy
December 15th, 2009, 18:47
Hey have any of you guys tried this thing yet?

It sounds astounding ...

Here's a link to the neoqb site ... in the first post there's a link to the publishers website.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=4319

Snuffy
December 17th, 2009, 05:09
Due to the loss of my current pilot whom we were discussing in the "omg" thread, I decided that last night after loosing this guy that I would give this program a try.

Installation was a breeze, it worked just as advertised. First fault I found was that the program didn't pack a readme.txt file with it, however the readme for this program is posted as a link to the publisher's site, a simple "copy/print" from that page got me a 6 page hardcopy of the readme.

While the readme is somewhat cryptic, I was able to figure the generator out once installed, and created my first pilot and flew my first mission with the campaign generator.

The generator works outside of ROF ... and you have to run it first before you start a flight in ROF. Once the generator is run, it installs in the missions folder of ROF its generated mission. Flight paths, waypoints, and other data end up on the canned mission map. (a note here, I think the routing is off just a tad, as my take off and landing points did not locate on an airfield, and the icon for enemy balloons was over my airfield and not where they should have been over the enemy lines. :) )

Once ROF is started, select missions and you'll find the mission created by the generator listed by your pilot's name. One thing was different from the readme. The readme/website said that all missions are started from the air, but when I got in there expecting to be airborne, I was neatly placed on the deck at my airfield in a cold state. So that must have gotten fixed and either I missed reading it in the readme or they forgot to put it in the revision documentation.

Anyhow, It seems we were attacking ground targets and got jumped by a flight of enemy aircraft, there was a mid air collision .. my pilot didn't survive, so I'll have to start over again tonight.

But from the minute I was in game from this generator, there were aircraft and other objects all over the place. (includes random AA along the front!)

I highly recommend that anyone who hasn't done this yet try it. I've only flown one flight, but from the very beginning it was an entirely different experience than flying regular ROF flights and career missions.

In the generator, you'll meet your squad they have names, ranks, and other stats.

My mission last night was a flight of 3 and not the usual 5 as sent by ROF. So it was a new experience from the get go.

I did notice one thing, my aircraft had a difficult time keeping up with my squad mates, both with autopilot running the plane and manually running the plane.

My next "improvement" to this mission generator is the multi-skin thing. So I'm off to research that. :)

:salute:

gajit
December 17th, 2009, 06:58
Sounds interesting - will take a look over the weekend. :salute:

Snuffy
December 17th, 2009, 07:30
Oh, Gajit ... no need to worry about wiping out your existing career as that information from ROF is different from the information produced by the generator.

Let me know how it goes!

:salute:

Oh on a side note ... our "Front Patrol" with this campaign generater is completely different than the front patrol as provided by ROF ... we flew a full 40 mile stretch of front, down and back ... we didn't just go to an area and circle like we do in ROF.

gajit
December 17th, 2009, 10:51
What career LOL I just use the mission editor to create interesting scenarios and dogfights :jump:

Snuffy
December 17th, 2009, 17:48
Okay, I've a good night of playing with this ... and there is obviously some bugs ... LOL!

For instance ... waypoints placed on the map, are off by a mile or so in any given direction.

Enemy aircraft do not seem to engage, they just fly in circles in a tight formation I have yet to see any engage even after you fly past them and in their line of sight.

Every flight I've had so far, my squadron has flown to what seems like 30,000 if I'm reading my altimeter right. For that reason player aircraft lag behind the squadron trying to keep up as they climb.

Once on level flight though player aircraft have no problem keeping up.

I have yet to survive my first misson on this thing ... I've played it 4 times now and I've died on all four missions. :isadizzy:

gajit
December 17th, 2009, 22:45
LOL - I always find that AI aircraft are always faster and more manouverable than the Player/me. I also find with my own missions that the enermy is not interested in conflict unless your really close or have given them a target. Maybe that is missing. Its funny to just stalk them.

Snuffy
December 18th, 2009, 03:23
I tried to get into the mission editor last night after posting this ... unfortunately, its a no go ... I get the error reporting dialog box from MS and the usual landscape.dll error.

So no editing missions for me as yet. :(