PDA

View Full Version : FTX NA Blue PNW

DaveKDEN
December 15th, 2009, 13:29
Looking for a rough idea when it'll be released? Anyone see anything in any forum on the subject?

Tim-HH
December 15th, 2009, 13:46
Hi Dave,

John gives some informations about the release date in the FTX forum: PNW before Christmas? (http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=17022.msg148405#msg148405) :)

Greetings
Tim

ryanbatc
December 15th, 2009, 13:56
You need to login to visit that site. I hate that....

anthony31
December 15th, 2009, 14:04
From the ORBX forums here is JV's reply on 14 Dec (but that was 2 days ago so it may have changed since then)

"We don't announce release dates at Orbx. We were hoping for a xmas release but at this stage it's looking more like January sometime, since there's still some work to do with the seasonal colouring, traffic and also the night lighting, which I just don't see getting done in time for Santa's sleigh, sorry."

BOOM
December 15th, 2009, 14:06
Ahhh Bummer,

DaveKDEN
December 15th, 2009, 15:31
Thanks for the info.

BOOM
December 15th, 2009, 15:54
Winter in the state of Washington,Ohh this looks so good!!:jump:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/FTX2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/FTX1.jpg
Oh well,when it's ready,it's ready and not before.

thisizma
December 15th, 2009, 16:38
I just might be flying somewhere in Australia (FTX) on Christmas. Oh well. Not to sound like I'm not looking forward to it!

koorby
December 15th, 2009, 19:14
Yeah guys, we're working our little clakkers off right now to get it finished, so let's see how we go. Right now I am doing the night lighting for downtown Seattle (so many damn pedestrian crossings LOL!). Holger is still working the moving traffic and there's a bunch of night lighting tiles for Tim and I to do, plus Spring and Fall seasons to come (although Matt is close to finishing those).

DaveKDEN
December 15th, 2009, 20:16
Yeah guys, we're working our little clakkers off right now to get it finished, so let's see how we go. Right now I am doing the night lighting for downtown Seattle (so many damn pedestrian crossings LOL!). Holger is still working the moving traffic and there's a bunch of night lighting tiles for Tim and I to do, plus Spring and Fall seasons to come (although Matt is close to finishing those).

Thanks John!
I normally don't ask for favors, but would it be possible to post some screenies of the Vancouver, WA area (not Vancouver BC)? Grew up there, and started my flight lessons at Evergreen Airport (unfortunately now closed) and also a bit at Pearson (KVUO).

ericts
December 15th, 2009, 21:20
DaveKDEN.
Did you get a chance to take lessons with Wally Olsen? He was my fathers FI at Evergreen. I would love to have his collection of airplanes in FSX: WACO UPF-7, Curtiss JN-4, WACO Cabin biplane (don't remember the model #.) and his day-to-day Champ trainer.

I was working at the liquor store across from Evergreen on the last weekend it was open. The local antique aircraft community held an impromptu fly-in, which included some nice low-level aerobatics--it was a great show and a terrific FU to the local NIMBYs who wanted another GD Pottery Barn instead of an historic airfield. BTW, Thanks to 'the Economy' there is still no Pottery Barn at the site. Just an empty field.

ericts
December 15th, 2009, 21:22
Boom,
That lighting is dead-on. Very spectacular. I just need a rig that can do it, and FSX justice.

DaveKDEN
December 16th, 2009, 06:29
DaveKDEN.
Did you get a chance to take lessons with Wally Olsen? He was my fathers FI at Evergreen. I would love to have his collection of airplanes in FSX: WACO UPF-7, Curtiss JN-4, WACO Cabin biplane (don't remember the model #.) and his day-to-day Champ trainer.

I was working at the liquor store across from Evergreen on the last weekend it was open. The local antique aircraft community held an impromptu fly-in, which included some nice low-level aerobatics--it was a great show and a terrific FU to the local NIMBYs who wanted another GD Pottery Barn instead of an historic airfield. BTW, Thanks to 'the Economy' there is still no Pottery Barn at the site. Just an empty field.

No, never met Wally. Did attend a Fly-in there once. Good fun to be sure. I took ground school and started flying there in the summer of 1982 (right after graduating HS). I was truly saddened when I heard Evergreen was to be closed. Yep, supposed "progress" :mad: to put yet another business center in place of one of the neatest little airfield's ever.

I worked at the B&R Ice Cream store kitty-corner to Fred Meyer's at Mill Plain and I-205. Got a job over at Montgomery Ward's at Jantzen Beach Center after starting College. Monkey Ward's is closed, but I don't know if that B&R is still open (I digress though).

ericts
December 16th, 2009, 12:53
No, never met Wally. Did attend a Fly-in there once. Good fun to be sure. I took ground school and started flying there in the summer of 1982 (right after graduating HS). I was truly saddened when I heard Evergreen was to be closed. Yep, supposed "progress" :mad: to put yet another business center in place of one of the neatest little airfield's ever.

I worked at the B&R Ice Cream store kitty-corner to Fred Meyer's at Mill Plain and I-205. Got a job over at Montgomery Ward's at Jantzen Beach Center after starting College. Monkey Ward's is closed, but I don't know if that B&R is still open (I digress though).

The B & R is still there, but it is now in the Fred Meyer's mini-mall on Chkalov. Wards is now a Target. I am also a class of '82: Hudson's Bay.

DaveKDEN
December 16th, 2009, 13:16
The B & R is still there, but it is now in the Fred Meyer's mini-mall on Chkalov. Wards is now a Target. I am also a class of '82: Hudson's Bay.

I'm class of '82 at Fort. Small world eh? I lived in the Heights near what used to be Tower Mall. My folks still have that house, but split time between Vancouver and Phoenix.

koorby
December 16th, 2009, 15:01
Thanks John!
I normally don't ask for favors, but would it be possible to post some screenies of the Vancouver, WA area (not Vancouver BC)? Grew up there, and started my flight lessons at Evergreen Airport (unfortunately now closed) and also a bit at Pearson (KVUO).

Sure thing. Here's a few shots around Vancouver and KVUO. You need to keep in mind that Bill Womack has gone on record as doing KVUO, so that's good news for you! :) We've also got some major plans for this area which we cannot announce just yet, but it will be very exciting news.

Anyway, here's the shots.

DaveKDEN
December 16th, 2009, 15:26
Sure thing. Here's a few shots around Vancouver and KVUO. You need to keep in mind that Bill Womack has gone on record as doing KVUO, so that's good news for you! :) We've also got some major plans for this area which we cannot announce just yet, but it will be very exciting news.

Anyway, here's the shots.

Thanks, looking real nice so far. :applause: Even has the golf course just south of the Jantzen Beach area. Can't wait for this release, and Bill's KVUO.

spotlope
December 16th, 2009, 16:25
Funny thing, I didn't even know there was a golf course just to the south of Jantzen Beach - and I live here! It's a fine thing indeed when FTX can teach you things about your own town.

DaveKDEN
December 16th, 2009, 16:28
Funny thing, I didn't even know there was a golf course just to the south of Jantzen Beach - and I live here! It's a fine thing indeed when FTX can teach you things about your own town.

I've actually played there a couple of times (years ago).

Dain Arns
December 16th, 2009, 16:38
Keep looking at these wonderful pictures of the scenery, and I'm starting to get a sinking feeling I'm not going to be able to run this on my system.

Is the Tasmania demo a good yardstick to test with? :kilroy:

spotlope
December 16th, 2009, 16:45
Keep looking at these wonderful pictures of the scenery, and I'm starting to get a sinking feeling I'm not going to be able to run this on my system.

Is the Tasmania demo a good yardstick to test with? :kilroy:

Dain, are you able to run the FSX acceptably well in this area? I'm not seeing much in the way of frame rate hit from it myself, but it all depends on how capable your system is. Mine is fairly decent, but nothing that'll set the world on fire.

Dain Arns
December 17th, 2009, 15:06
Dain, are you able to run the FSX acceptably well in this area? I'm not seeing much in the way of frame rate hit from it myself, but it all depends on how capable your system is. Mine is fairly decent, but nothing that'll set the world on fire.

I finally got to test it this afternoon ... :icon_lol:

Tasmanian countryside I was running about 20-24 fps (Locked at 24) Usually run autogen "Dense"

Launceston Airport, the add-on version with all of the wonderful eyecandy, and I usually run scenery density at max, down to about 9 fps in some areas.

But I was using a rather heavy fps helicopter as well. So, if that is any indication of what PNW will be like, then I'm good to go! :applause:

Thanks, Bill! :salute:

DaveKDEN
December 17th, 2009, 18:14
Has the price been determined for NA Blue PNW yet?

koorby
December 17th, 2009, 22:05
Has the price been determined for NA Blue PNW yet?

AU$49.95 for the download edition
AU$59.95 for the DVD9 limited edition (due about a month after release)

So that's USD$44 based on today's exchange rate - http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=49.95&From=AUD&To=USD

1S2 Darrington and 7S3 Twin Oaks will be AU$39.95 each, or USD$35

DaveKDEN
December 18th, 2009, 06:15
Thanks Koorby - that's about what I was expecting.