PDA

View Full Version : Super Cub: Final Previews

mike_cyul
December 14th, 2009, 18:51
Depending on how things go in this week's beta testing, this project could be wrapped up very soon. Still have to do a large part of the manual, plus do the web pages, but I'm hopeful the modeling part ends in a few days.

In celebration, here are some pics of the final versions, minus a few paint schemes, spread over a couple of posts. Scenery is either FSaddon's Plum Island, ORBX Twin Oaks or FSAddon's Tongass. Hope you like. :)

Mike

mike_cyul
December 14th, 2009, 18:55
... more ....

mike_cyul
December 14th, 2009, 18:59
... and finally:

N2056
December 14th, 2009, 19:02
Wow! It looks great...especially the VC!
I :salute: your modeling skills!

mike_cyul
December 14th, 2009, 19:04
Oops, forgot one. Tom would kill me.

Mike

thisizma
December 14th, 2009, 19:08
I know this is going to sound very ignorant. I love my little cub with Accusim, but what can I expect with the Super Cub. I'm kinda looking at the AS Beaver...Comparison?

fliger747
December 14th, 2009, 19:35
I am not sure how applicable something like accusim (Tm) would be to a Super Cub. Pretty simple and rugged airframe/engine combo and will take a lot of abuse, perhaps at the peril of one's pocket book in a real airplane. In other words do you want that $25,000 engine go for ten or twenty years of typical use? Having the above sum invested in a real, now year and a half old powerplant....

Cheers: T

mike_cyul
December 14th, 2009, 19:51
I know this is going to sound very ignorant. I love my little cub with Accusim, but what can I expect with the Super Cub. I'm kinda looking at the AS Beaver...Comparison?

A2A, Aerosoft, Flight Replicas, others, I think you'll find they're all very enjoyable in their own way. People enjoy flight simming in different ways, and look for different things, as well. The best way to compare aircraft is to listen to what people say, check out the websites, compare prices, etc., and form your own opinion. That's part of the fun, too.

Mike

CodyValkyrie
December 14th, 2009, 20:13
Mike, considering the subject, that was a wonderful response.

Personally, I look forward to getting this product. Consider my card stolen!

Cheers,
-Cody

robcap
December 14th, 2009, 21:20
I'm in too for this one.
Thanks Mike and Tom (and other people involved)

Cheers, R.

Overshoe
December 14th, 2009, 21:44
I'll be ready with credit card in hand. You can't have too many Cubs.

spotlope
December 14th, 2009, 21:56
That's a whole collection of some very fine VCs. Looking forward to cruising the PNW in these little beauties. :applause:

lawdawg
December 14th, 2009, 22:20
Very nice...
Yep, mine stolen too!

gajit
December 14th, 2009, 23:48
Me want Me want :jump::jump::jump:

JoeW
December 15th, 2009, 00:20
Very nice. I too will be waiting with card in hand.

Francois
December 15th, 2009, 00:43
Looking good Mike ! :-)))

Wozza
December 15th, 2009, 03:41
Damn Mike ya spoiling them :icon_lol: so many aircraft so few hrs,whats a man to do ;)
Wozza

Rimshot
December 15th, 2009, 04:10
Looking great! :ernae:

Cazzie
December 15th, 2009, 04:25
Well, I've been flying the beta and you know you have my coin when released Mike.

It's the best of both worlds, faster when you need a little speed and low and slow STOL capabilities. Not to mention the water skimming. :icon_lol:

They all look supern Mike.

Caz

Cazzie
December 15th, 2009, 04:29
In your last screen where the Super Cub is landing and showing the snow dust (for the lack of a better term), just how does one adjust that in FSX? In my opinion, at least on my unit, this is far too overdone, nowhere near as close to the real thing as in FS9. I have checked every cfg I could think of to control that fx.

Caz

txnetcop
December 15th, 2009, 04:35
Like Tom Constantine said, "Ya just can't have enough Cubs!" SWEEEEEEEEET!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Kiwikat
December 15th, 2009, 08:29
In your last screen where the Super Cub is landing and showing the snow dust (for the lack of a better term), just how does one adjust that in FSX? In my opinion, at least on my unit, this is far too overdone, nowhere near as close to the real thing as in FS9. I have checked every cfg I could think of to control that fx.

Caz

There's a wonderful set of replacement effects files somewhere. I don't know where you can download them. I do have the zip file on my backup hard drive though.

If you PM me an email I can throw it over to you sometime today. :wavey:

mike_cyul
December 15th, 2009, 11:36
Just thought I'd throw in here the list of available variants. These will also be broken down into smaller packages for those who have more interest in one area than another:

1. Early - 95 hp

2. Standard - 150 hp
3. Standard with Carbon-fibre Wheel-Skis - 150 hp
4. Standard with Amphibious Floats - 160 hp

5. L-18 Military - 95 hp
6. L-21 Military (two versions) - 150 hp

7. IFR equipped on Amphibious Floats w. square instrument panel – 180 hp

8. Classic Bush Plane on 26” wheels
9. Classic Bush Plane on Edo 2000-type Floats
10. Classic Bush Plane on Federal-type Skis

11. Bush Plane on 35” wheels - 150 hp
12. Bush Plane on 26” wheels w. square instrument panel – 180 hp

13. N8050C on 26” wheels – 150 hp
14. N8050C on Edo 2000 floats – 150 hp
15. N8050C on Federal skis – 150 hp

16. Extreme Bush Plane on 35” wheels w. thrust line mod – 180 hp
17. Extreme Bush Plane on 35” wheels w. square instrument panel - 180 hp
18. Extreme Bush Plane (Experimental) on 36” wheels w. squared wings, droop aileron system, square instrument panel – 210 hp

"Square instrument panel" means the type developed by CubCrafters, whereby everything is contained on one larger instrument panel.

Mike

Roger
December 15th, 2009, 13:35
Lovely stuff:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scgold-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scgold-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scgold-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scgold-4.jpg

thisizma
December 15th, 2009, 13:37
A2A, Aerosoft, Flight Replicas, others, I think you'll find they're all very enjoyable in their own way. People enjoy flight simming in different ways, and look for different things, as well. The best way to compare aircraft is to listen to what people say, check out the websites, compare prices, etc., and form your own opinion. That's part of the fun, too.

Mike
Agreed. Thanks Mike.

thisizma
December 15th, 2009, 13:39
Just thought I'd throw in here the list of available variants. These will also be broken down into smaller packages for those who have more interest in one area than another:

1. Early - 95 hp

2. Standard - 150 hp
3. Standard with Carbon-fibre Wheel-Skis - 150 hp
4. Standard with Amphibious Floats - 160 hp

5. L-18 Military - 95 hp
6. L-21 Military (two versions) - 150 hp

7. IFR equipped on Amphibious Floats w. square instrument panel – 180 hp

8. Classic Bush Plane on 26” wheels
9. Classic Bush Plane on Edo 2000-type Floats
10. Classic Bush Plane on Federal-type Skis

11. Bush Plane on 35” wheels - 150 hp
12. Bush Plane on 26” wheels w. square instrument panel – 180 hp

13. N8050C on 26” wheels – 150 hp
14. N8050C on Edo 2000 floats – 150 hp
15. N8050C on Federal skis – 150 hp

16. Extreme Bush Plane on 35” wheels w. thrust line mod – 180 hp
17. Extreme Bush Plane on 35” wheels w. square instrument panel - 180 hp
18. Extreme Bush Plane (Experimental) on 36” wheels w. squared wings, droop aileron system, square instrument panel – 210 hp

"Square instrument panel" means the type developed by CubCrafters, whereby everything is contained on one larger instrument panel.

Mike
Now this helps a lot! :monkies: WOW! I must have this!

mike_cyul
December 15th, 2009, 13:59
Lovely stuff:applause:

Thanks, Roger. Which reminds me, I'll have to make an alternative prop texture....:)

Mike

MudMarine
December 15th, 2009, 14:07
HURRY UP!!!............DANG!!:icon_lol:

Roger
December 15th, 2009, 14:10
Thanks, Roger. Which reminds me, I'll have to make an alternative prop texture....:)

Mike

Ha ha,
Yes please...for those of us who like the movie camera look:engel016:

Kiwikat
December 15th, 2009, 15:12
HURRY UP!!!............DANG!!:icon_lol:

+1 :salute:

Marvin Carter
December 15th, 2009, 16:27
Cubs!!
</EMBED>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypu9G5L_tzE

LTCSZ
December 23rd, 2009, 14:15
We gonna see the Cubs for Christmas?

Steve in Kansas

mike_cyul
December 23rd, 2009, 14:30
We gonna see the Cubs for Christmas?

Steve in Kansas

Have a look at my post here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=28293

Mike

LTCSZ
December 23rd, 2009, 14:40
The plastic is ready...

Steve

cvearl
December 28th, 2009, 15:21
Tic Toc!

Me want!

ETA?

CBris
December 28th, 2009, 16:29
Very...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OQJz04kTPJ0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OQJz04kTPJ0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thog10
December 28th, 2009, 16:51
Looking forward to taking this Super Cub around PAPG...

lawdawg
December 28th, 2009, 17:13
I am dying here. The wait is killing me.
It's now after Christmas and nodda.
When Mike?

falcon409
December 28th, 2009, 17:48
I am dying here. The wait is killing me.
It's now after Christmas and nodda.
When Mike?
Yep, I find myself spending more and more time on the website drooling over the photos, lol. It's gonna be so worth the wait there Lawdog. . .not much longer. . . . .I hope, lol.

Cag40Navy
December 28th, 2009, 20:41
im on the edge of my seat waiting, give us more info!

FLighT01
December 29th, 2009, 04:37
I just recently got the A2A J-3 Accu-sim added to my hangar and I'm having too much fun flying this plane for it to be legal. The best low and slow plane for rubber-necking the scenery I've experienced, and I prefer it over the Ultralite for serious cruising.

I really like the updated panel on your S-Cub. Count me in!

mike_cyul
December 29th, 2009, 10:53
im on the edge of my seat waiting, give us more info!

More info? How about a copy of the Manual? :)

You can download it here:

http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htm

Mike

gajit
December 29th, 2009, 11:02
Thanks Mike :jump::jump::jump::ernae::applause::applause:

Edit - wow - Excellent- i just keep clicking "Buy" in hope that i can get it now!!

huub vink
December 29th, 2009, 11:59
The model looks really breathtaking again! Especially the one with the registration R-170 ;)

Huub

falcon409
December 29th, 2009, 12:11
More info? How about a copy of the Manual?
Mike
Nicely done manual Mike. . .just makes the anticipation level spike even more, lol

CBris
December 29th, 2009, 12:41
This is one I have been long waiting for - except... you haven't done a "Carbon Cub" airframe...

You gotta have that sexy nose Mike!

From the CubCrafters / Carbon cub site and from my early attempts on the Aerosoft Super Cub:

mike_cyul
December 29th, 2009, 13:23
This is one I have been long waiting for - except... you haven't done a "Carbon Cub" airframe...

From the CubCrafters / Carbon cub site and from my early attempts on the Aerosoft Super Cub:

Never said I wouldn't do any more after the present lot! If time allows.... :)

Mike

lawdawg
December 29th, 2009, 13:32
Mike,
Thanks for the manual. I agree with Falcon regarding the
anticipation gettin jacked up a tad.

FLighT01
December 30th, 2009, 03:38
Mike,
Thanks for the manual. I agree with Falcon regarding the
anticipation gettin jacked up a tad.

Ditto, it's always nice to get to review the manual in advance. It makes for a better experience when you know about any possible installation and setup specifics and how the plane is supposed to function and act. It should also minimize the number of "this and that don't work" posts that inevitably follow on the heels of a new release. Thanks.

JoeW
December 31st, 2009, 03:35

Now ........ That's what I'm talkin' bout!!

:applause::applause::applause:

MudMarine
December 31st, 2009, 07:18
Strangly enough I'm not getting crazy waiting for this one? I've learned that Mike's planes are well worth waiting for!:applause::jump:

mike_cyul
December 31st, 2009, 07:50
Small update: thanks to a HD crash, I've had to reinstall everything from a new HD and the OS up, and download/reinstall everything else. You know how it is. :blind:

With almost a terabyte of things to deal with, it's taking time. And the Super Cubs were just 4 hours from release! Now, I'll have to test them all again, to make sure nothing has happened somewhere in there, but should be done to make sure (once all is up and running again).

I have to say that planning ahead for failures is worth it (duh!) - between the external HD's and especially the off-site data storage service, recovery is easy (just time consuming).

So, sorry, just a little while longer to wait, maybe a few days.

Mike

Fireball6
December 31st, 2009, 07:55
Good luck for restoring work, Mike. I am sure it will be one of the Best Payware Addons :mixedsmi:

Hope all goes well.....

Dirk

gajit
December 31st, 2009, 07:59
Good luck for restoring work, Mike. I am sure it will be one of the Best Payware Addons :mixedsmi:

Hope all goes well.....

Dirk

I agree - my money is waiting for the great day.

wilycoyote4
December 31st, 2009, 08:09
Ouch, that hurts.

falcon409
December 31st, 2009, 08:37
Oh man :tgun2: :crybaby: :rocket: , lol

Roger
December 31st, 2009, 09:10
Oh Mike I feel for you! At least you had backup:applause:

Thog10
December 31st, 2009, 09:53
Good luck with the restoration!

Cag40Navy
December 31st, 2009, 10:28
dang man, that sucks! hope to soon see the cubs are all right.

cvearl
December 31st, 2009, 10:34
Small update: thanks to a HD crash, I've had to reinstall everything from a new HD and the OS up, and download/reinstall everything else. You know how it is. :blind:

With almost a terabyte of things to deal with, it's taking time. And the Super Cubs were just 4 hours from release! Now, I'll have to test them all again, to make sure nothing has happened somewhere in there, but should be done to make sure (once all is up and running again).

I have to say that planning ahead for failures is worth it (duh!) - between the external HD's and especially the off-site data storage service, recovery is easy (just time consuming).

So, sorry, just a little while longer to wait, maybe a few days.

Mike

I strongly recomend DISK IMAGING like GHOST or others where you simply take a full snapshot of your hard drive from time to time and store it on a flash drive.

Clonezilla is a good one as well. Google it.

Time to completely restore a 100GB drive image from flash drive or external USB drive? Under 45 minutes. Or keep a second drive to only hold the image of the first (not mirroring just an image of the main drive made with cloning software). Reimage from a real SATA drive internally is even faster than through the USB.

It just makes bit by bit magnetic copy of your drive and can spit that onto a new unformmated or formatted drive with a few clicks. Disk cloning can save your butt!

Charles.

lawdawg
December 31st, 2009, 14:32
How cruel.
That just proves once again that scumbag.."Murphy".. is alive and needs to be shot.
Sorry that happened to you Mike. And that bites for us..four hours?? and now that translates to a few days??
I have no hair left now...pfffttt

robcap
January 1st, 2010, 01:26
Ooooh:blind:
Hang in there Mike!

kurt190
January 1st, 2010, 01:44
This model looks stunning - and as a keem cub flier I am eagerly waiting.....

A question - what is this model like on frame rates? - I have another Super Cub that looks OK but is heavy on frames - takes me down from 36 (locked) to about 22 and lower in "congested" areas..... I'm hoping that this one will be better.

kurt

mike_cyul
January 1st, 2010, 05:03
This model looks stunning - and as a keem cub flier I am eagerly waiting.....

A question - what is this model like on frame rates? - I have another Super Cub that looks OK but is heavy on frames - takes me down from 36 (locked) to about 22 and lower in "congested" areas..... I'm hoping that this one will be better.

kurt

Hi Kurt,

That's the kind of question that is highly dependant on your computer rig and your FSX setup. Perhaps the manual will help:

http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htm (http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htm)

Mike

mike_cyul
January 1st, 2010, 05:11
I strongly recomend DISK IMAGING like GHOST or others where you simply take a full snapshot of your hard drive from time to time and store it on a flash drive.

Clonezilla is a good one as well. Google it.

Time to completely restore a 100GB drive image from flash drive or external USB drive? Under 45 minutes. Or keep a second drive to only hold the image of the first (not mirroring just an image of the main drive made with cloning software). Reimage from a real SATA drive internally is even faster than through the USB.

It just makes bit by bit magnetic copy of your drive and can spit that onto a new unformmated or formatted drive with a few clicks. Disk cloning can save your butt!

Charles.

Thanks Charles, I'll have a look. The offsite storage was perfect, but downloads in the 950 gigabyte range do take time. :)

Mike

kurt190
January 1st, 2010, 06:33
Hi Kurt,

That's the kind of question that is highly dependant on your computer rig and your FSX setup. Perhaps the manual will help:

http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htm (http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htm)

Mike

Thanks - downloaded it and have had a gander. Its a must buy really - I love Suoer Cubs just unfortunate that the one I have currently does not perform too well. I have quite a few of the Carenado aircraft and they all fly at the upper end of the FPS on my setup - hopefully your S Cub will as well.

kurt

Cag40Navy
January 1st, 2010, 16:02
so mike, any info on the how the cubs faired the hurricane?

lawdawg
January 2nd, 2010, 05:20
so mike, any info on the how the cubs faired the hurricane?

Yeah,
waitin with more baited breath.

wilycoyote4
January 2nd, 2010, 11:48
Enjoy the holidays Mike, no hurry needed for me, relax and get settled after that shock, get outside for a mind and heart clearing time. :ernae:

CodyValkyrie
January 3rd, 2010, 23:41
Cheers Mike! I hope this release does well for you and I hope you have a quick recovery to get everything in order. Regardless, as I mentioned before, I will of course purchase this package when it becomes available, but don't release it too early on my, or anyone's behalf until you are happy with it mate!

mike_cyul
January 4th, 2010, 02:47
Thanks guys. It's all just about back together, now it's just real life getting in the way. :)

I did find one little thing I'd like to change, plus the Manual has had it's "cockpit tour" updated. I'm back to very limited free time, but I'm on it!

Mike

Thog10
January 4th, 2010, 04:46
sounds great - thank you for the update!

falcon409
January 4th, 2010, 05:08
Thanks guys. It's all just about back together, now it's just real life getting in the way. :)

I did find one little thing I'd like to change, plus the Manual has had it's "cockpit tour" updated. I'm back to very limited free time, but I'm on it!
Mike
Those darned real world commitments are such a hassle eh Mike, lol. Just be sure it's what you want to release, no rush on this now. . .we can wait for perfection.:salute:

Rimshot
January 4th, 2010, 13:04
we can wait for perfection.:salute:

Definitely! Looking forward to the Cub :jump:

lawdawg
January 6th, 2010, 12:40
Where are we at now?

mike_cyul
January 6th, 2010, 13:24
Where are we at now?

I do believe, if nothing goes wrong, that Saturday will be the day.

Soon enough? :)

Mike

Fireball6
January 6th, 2010, 13:37
That sounds great Mike :jump::jump::jump:

Dirk

LTCSZ
January 6th, 2010, 14:16
Just checked the condition of my credit card...Curling up at the edges...Got to use it soon...

Steve in Kansas

doublecool
January 6th, 2010, 15:40
IS it Saturday yet :jump: is it Saturday yet?

lawdawg
January 6th, 2010, 18:17
I do believe, if nothing goes wrong, that Saturday will be the day.

Soon enough? :)

Mike

Yes sir.
Thank you

rsharrard
January 6th, 2010, 19:11
Prices are posted! Seems pretty fair to me considering what you get.

So you know that commercial they show of the gal standing outside the department store at 4 am going "Open, Open, Open, Open........" I'm there, credit card in hand...Full package baby!:bump:

spotlope
January 6th, 2010, 19:46
Wow, I'm completely and totally impressed. This is not only THE definitive Super Cub collection, but it's also incredibly well thought-out along the sale lines. It's hard to see how you could possibly argue with the way the various packages have been broken out and priced--very reasonably, IMO. And for the Cub lover who's got to have them all, they're still a deal.

Mike, you and your team have outdone yourselves. Huge kudos to you all - and that's before they're even released! Here's hoping they're a runaway hit.

robcap
January 6th, 2010, 21:22
I'm going at least for the Classic Bushplanes series. Indeed a very good price: $19,95
I'd love to fly Fliegers plane around Tongass. :ernae:

IS it Saturday yet :jump: is it Saturday yet? LOL, would that be saturday around CET, GMT, EDT??? I't going to snow all day here in Holland, (so they say) so that would be ideal ;-)

Cheers, Rob

lawdawg
January 6th, 2010, 22:04
I agree with you guys.
Price is more than fair. Full meal deal here!
Now...to guess what time Sat.. J/K

fliger747
January 7th, 2010, 10:27
Congrats to mike for a really top notch job!

Cheers: T

robcap
January 7th, 2010, 10:47
Hey Tom, Happy new year :ernae:

Thog10
January 7th, 2010, 11:55
Wow, it does seem very reasonable. I was preparing to have to choose which sub-set I most wanted... now, there is only one choice needed: hanger full of cubs!