PDA

View Full Version : Francis the Talking Mule

Navy Chief
October 30th, 2008, 13:15
What a great series of movies. I rented a disc full of Francis the Talking Mule movies recently. Donald O'Connor as Peter Sterling, and of course Chill Wills providing the voice of "Francis".

They just don't make'em like that now. Comedy, without all the profanity.

NC

GT182
October 30th, 2008, 14:08
Makes ya miss the good 'ol days doesn't it NC? ;) They were/are a great set of movies, and thankfully you can still get them. :)

Dain Arns
October 30th, 2008, 14:39
What a great series of movies. I rented a disc full of Francis the Talking Mule movies recently. Donald O'Connor as Peter Sterling, and of course Chill Wills providing the voice of "Francis".

They just don't make'em like that now. Comedy, without all the profanity.

NC

No kidding. Why I bought a Marx Bros and "Thin Man" collections. Just nice to have a good laugh without being disgusted.

cheezyflier
October 30th, 2008, 19:41
aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!! i totally forgot about that!! very cool! :costumes:

jmig
October 31st, 2008, 03:24
Can you get a Three Stooges collection? I use to laugh and laugh at their antics.

Jagdflieger
October 31st, 2008, 06:50
Now that I have a hundred cable channels, I've got very little to watch! Other than a few documentary channels and a retro (old show) channel, most of the programming seems to be oriented to those on the left side of the bell curve. Given that, I find that I'm buying a lot of these older movies and programs to view in the evening or on a slow Sunday afternoon.

Oh yeah, (yuck, yuck, yuck) seems I noticed the "Three Stooges" DVD at Borders Book Store last week.

brad kaste
October 31st, 2008, 07:25
I'd like to add few comedy military movies made by none other than Abbott and Costello. Plenty of good, clean yuks.
A, Buck Private
B, In the Navy
C,Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion
D, ....And my favorite,....Keep 'Em Flying....done in 1941.
Here's a link to where one can purchase various collections of past comedians,....on the Silver Screen and TV.

http://www.theclassictheater.com/index_main.html

Odie
October 31st, 2008, 07:59
Francis the Mule ! Good Stuff (have the DVD's) ! Also a favorite, the Ma and Pa Kettle films ! :jump:

Navy Chief
October 31st, 2008, 10:21
Speaking of Ma and Pa Kettle, here is a great example of the wonderful humor in their films. In this You Tube clip, the hilariously funny couple are demonstrating their knowledge of math.....

Bfq5kju627c

Navy Chief
October 31st, 2008, 10:29
And here's more funny stuff. This is a You Tube clip of Lou Costello showing his mathmatical prowess to Bud Abbott and a fellow shipmate (who happens to be Shemp from the Three Stooges).

7WMi5TUJDso