PDA

View Full Version : Flight Deck 6?

DennyA
December 13th, 2009, 13:29
I see Abacus has revised Flight Deck again; Flight Deck 6 (http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2371#sreenshot_images ) is out.

Anyone tried it? I'm guessing the planes are all FS2004 SDK, no? I know there's native FSX features, such as real FSX missions and moving carriers, but I can't imagine they actually went all the way on the airplane models...

Though this screen shot, which they actually put on their info page, doesn't inspire confidence... What's with that shadow?

http://abacuspub.com/fd6/Truman_02.jpg

thisizma
December 13th, 2009, 14:37
Personally, I'll stick with my Nimitz and Ike. I love these carriers! And indeed , what's up with the shadow?

BOOM
December 13th, 2009, 14:54
I would stay far,far away.............Go with Javier's freeware carrier.

DennyA
December 13th, 2009, 15:40
It's not the carrier I want, it's the carrier planes included in the package. Even if they're medium-detail, there are some models there that would be fun to have. But if they're FS9 SDK (which I bet they are), not interested.

thisizma
December 13th, 2009, 15:54
Don't know for sure,but, I'll bet they are. A lot of nice ports of some unique Navy planes out there if your o.k. with port overs.

noshadez
December 13th, 2009, 18:12
The shadow was obvious that the (ground scenery cast shadows) button was checked..and the hard deck showed..shadowing.. There has never been any solution for this in FS9 and FSX for ships hard decks.. The solution is to make sure the (ground scenery casts shadows) button is not checked.. Every one knows this gives horrible frame rates anywhere anyway and those (In the know) have this unchecked anyhow..
Here are some more pics

MCDesigns
December 13th, 2009, 19:26
The solution is to make sure the (ground scenery casts shadows) button is not checked.. Every one knows this gives horrible frame rates anywhere anyway and those (In the know) have this unchecked anyhow..
Here are some more pics

Not everyone, just for reference sake, this really isn't a solution as I always fly with shadows on and always will. One scenery I got not to long ago (PNG series) has gotten no use since they used non autogen trees that cast shadows and since the scenery is mostly on hills, it looked terrible. This scenery could have been fixed with either autogen or custom trees that have no shadow. I do understand your predicament though, but please don't suggest that turning off a key feature is a solution, it's only a quick fix.

Navy Chief
December 14th, 2009, 04:41
I DO like a lot of Abacus's releases, but FD6 doesn't look like something I'll get.

Back in 2007, when I attended the AVSIM convention in Seattle, I picked up their "Tips and Tricks" book for FSX. I really like it!

NC

MudMarine
December 14th, 2009, 05:42
Why don't we just open a "Take a bash at FD6 Thread"? That seems what this is. Personally FD series has provided me with hours of enjoyment. But I guess everyone expects their FSX addon's to be as perfect as they are?:engel016:

IanP
December 14th, 2009, 07:27
I'm pretty sure - but willing to be proved wrong if anyone has the evidence to do so - that the FD5, let alone 6, aircraft were made FSX native.

They weren't brilliant (particularly the Hornets), but they were X native if I remember correctly.

MudMarine
December 14th, 2009, 15:48
Boo-Hoo!:engel016::icon_lol:

michael davies
December 14th, 2009, 16:15
Never mind.

Not to worry, I'm done here.

Boo-Hoo!:engel016::icon_lol:

falcon194019401940
May 25th, 2010, 06:10
hello,

i have a Question about flight deck 4 to launch from the carrier
i had red the readme.
I go to the catapults use the break give full speed and release the breaks but dont a catappult start please i need a reply

MaddogK
May 25th, 2010, 06:45
hello,

i have a Question about flight deck 4 to launch from the carrier
i had red the readme.
I go to the catapults use the break give full speed and release the breaks but dont a catappult start please i need a reply

I don't have a full install of FD4 as I prefer arrcab 2.5 (FS9), BUT if both are similiar there's a catapult gauge with a little green light on it (which indicates you're in correct launch position), with the green light 'ON' and your brakes locked you MUST flip the arming switch, then power-up and release the brakes. If the green light does NOT come on you're not in launch position OR your catapult coordinates are wrong in the gauge .ini file.