PDA

View Full Version : F-18 Acceleration Think I'm missing something

UnknownGuest12
December 13th, 2009, 13:08
Found this today...don't know how to solve it...
Any help? Thanks

Best regards

Shylock
December 15th, 2009, 09:35
This happens now every time you start up a flight in the hornet? Are you loading from a saved flight?

cheezyflier
December 15th, 2009, 09:42
dude! you gotta lock the doors when you park in a high crime area! :icon_lol:

UnknownGuest12
December 15th, 2009, 10:11
This happens now every time you start up a flight in the hornet? Are you loading from a saved flight?

Thanks...
No saved flight, noticed it when I bought and install Xload (F-117 and F-18D) from Captain Sim, with exactly the same problem into the cockpit, think they're using the same...was allright before, been sometime since I use this plane...looked into Acceleration and cannot find a .cab panel for the 18...and yes it happens all the time now. Have to ask suppport from C Sim, but already have a ticket regarding B 727...
Regards

Shylock
December 15th, 2009, 15:16
In the default F/A-18 you will not find any CAB file. Instead you should just see a single cfg file in the panle folder. In your CS_FA-18D you would see a cfg and a cab file. Also in your gauge folder within FSX see if you find a file named FA-18.dll that would be your gauges for the F-18 which the CS version runs off of as well.

UnknownGuest12
December 16th, 2009, 05:34
Hi Skylock, thanks for your help...
Got everything you mentioned in the right places...
Reinstal Fa-18.dll and panel.config. Exactly the same problem...
Wonder about this but cannot relate...few weeks ago had to replace mother board and made a system reinstall on drive C .
FSX is on D and just have to copy exe icon to desktop. So, nothing in registry. Wonder if this is the culprit but find no correlation, everything else is perfect. Also installed UTX and GEX Europe recently, not this ones I think.
Anyway, one of this days I'll make a fresh install and see what happens...
Best regards

Shylock
December 16th, 2009, 13:09
Are you running Direct X 10? I know some of our guys had issues at first with textures not showing up. The reason I had asked if it was a saved flight or something I thought maybe you had your electronics turned off or something. Or maybe the MFD's were off.

You know what after looking close at your pic the MFD's are all turned off lol. As you can see in the pic I have attached I circled the knob in orange then marked with a yellow line where it currently is and the light blue marks where you need to turn it to. Hope this works for you.

wilycoyote4
December 16th, 2009, 13:18
"......In your CS_FA-18D you would see a cfg and a cab file......."
In my CS-FA-18D panel folder I have 2 cab files.
cs_FA-18D.ac
cs-FA-18D.load

I don't know if this helps or not but my XLoad D is ok.

Shylock
December 16th, 2009, 22:53
Correction for the center MFD the On Off knob is on the lower right corner of the screen.

UnknownGuest12
December 17th, 2009, 05:26
Running XP Home and DX 9...
About those knobs, they must be rusty...tried them first thing and they won't budge at all...till today, think I'll try some WD40,... LOL now I lost HUD..
Anyway, thanks a lot for caring, Skylock.
One of this days I'll do a fresh installation and see what happens. I'll let you know then. This is completely odd, some peculiarity on my system, since everything else it's perfect, with the exception of captain sim B727 wich refuse to loose ailerons and elevator. Got a refund for that, good service.

FLighT01
December 30th, 2009, 03:41
dude! you gotta lock the doors when you park in a high crime area! :icon_lol:

LOL, good one!

jmig
January 10th, 2010, 05:59
I am late to this thread but, that looks like either a ddl.xml or Simconnect issue. If you have Dino's T-45 load it and see if you have the MFD. If not, then it is one of those.

Jim Goldman
January 11th, 2010, 02:15
I am also interested in finding out why the F-18 is displaying missing gauges.... (I have the same problem after re-installing FSX + Accel. I am actually wondering if it is not do to AVG antivirus software.

Hopefully someone can help us get back to using a useful display system :)

Tnanks

Jim

jmig
January 11th, 2010, 03:05
I am also interested in finding out why the F-18 is displaying missing gauges.... (I have the same problem after re-installing FSX + Accel. I am actually wondering if it is not do to AVG antivirus software.

Hopefully someone can help us get back to using a useful display system :)

Tnanks

Jim

Jim, I had this problem sometime back and it turned out to be one of the above problems. I can't recall the details (I tend to quickly forget FSX nightmares) but the gauges would not appear in any airplane using them.

If I recall correctly, I had to reinstall FSX or at least do a repair.

Jim Goldman
January 11th, 2010, 15:04
Hi John:

I am going to install Windows 7 and reinstall FSX + Acc. One this is done I will report back.

Again many thanks

Jim

jmig
January 11th, 2010, 17:57
Hi John:

I am going to install Windows 7 and reinstall FSX + Acc. One this is done I will report back.

Again many thanks

Jim

Good luck, Jim.

Happy Skys!

SADT
November 20th, 2010, 18:21
Hi Guys,

When flying the Accel hornet, after flying for about 5 minutes at 30000 feet, with a/b on, my plane starts to turn over onto the left, and i cant stop this with the stick, then it goes to the right, in a similar fashion, then my controls become very sluggish and soon I cant move them at all - the stick in cockpit moves but the control surfaces do not. even when i slow right down to the stall the surfaces do not free up - highly annoying!!!!!

Is this even a known issue?