PDA

View Full Version : 'Camera Rankings By Sensor'

Panther_99FS
December 13th, 2009, 08:15
Interesting read for those interested in purchasing DSLR bodies...

--> http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/DxOMark-Sensor/Camera-rankings

Cazzie
December 13th, 2009, 08:32
Oooh whee, good research, but did you see the price of the number one camera? Near $40,000. Yankee. Wiping sweat from brow.

Caz

Chacha
December 13th, 2009, 09:01
ugh :isadizzy:

Expensive.... :ernae: I only have a simple camera like this...

Ooops did not upload!

Cratermaker
December 13th, 2009, 13:49
I find it interesting how many SLRs bunch up around the 60 -65 score area. I'm guessing without laboratory equipment, you'd never notice the difference in real life. However.... the price points vary wildly!

JorisVandenBerghe
December 16th, 2009, 09:30
Very interesting read, especially the dynamic range numbers...

Thanks for posting this, Mr. P :ernae:.

Henry
December 16th, 2009, 13:21
Phase one
now theres a company
i used to have all kinds of stuff from them
never was a dealer toooooo expensive
but they are a great company
H

Moparmike
December 16th, 2009, 15:14
I find it interesting how many SLRs bunch up around the 60 -65 score area. I'm guessing without laboratory equipment, you'd never notice the difference in real life. However.... the price points vary wildly!

Yup...and kinda interesting to compare some of the different DSLR models that have the same sensor yet they get spec'd and score differently (Samsung GX20 and Pentax K20D are the ones that pop in my head....identical camera with made in the same plant just different brandname on em). Or even different models that use the same sensor just with different software wrapped around em.
Just goes to show that even in an identical model, two cameras that follow each other down the assembly line will score differently.

JorisVandenBerghe
December 17th, 2009, 06:51
Just imagine having that 60 megapixel camera with a crop factor of 2 and a 400mm lens on it...I'm sure you'd have enough megapixels to crop 'a bit' from your airshow photos:icon_lol:...