PDA

View Full Version : Pictures for Ivan

Dave Cumming
December 13th, 2009, 02:16
Hi Ivan
I was in NY in October and visited USS Intrepid. They have an Avenger in the Hanger and I thought you might be interested in some pix for your library. I think you mentioned that you were doing an Avenger in an earlier post and this might be of some help - probably details that you already have recorded but these might show something extra.

Dave

Ivan
December 13th, 2009, 20:43
Thanks Dave,

I've been in NYC many times and even lived there for a few years way way back, but have never been aboard the Intrepid. I have seen it from the street and elevated highways countless times though. Eventually I may build a TBF Avenger, but it hasn't even made it to the build list yet. There is a VERY good set of drawings I found in a book that would make this a relatively easy model to build.

These days I seem to start an awful lot of stuff but haven't quite finished anything yet. Earlier this evening, I was test flying a A6M2 Model 21 Zero. The handling seems almost TOO good. You can't hardly stall the plane. It just goes where you point it.

Do you have a great interest in the Avenger?
- Ivan.

Dave Cumming
December 14th, 2009, 10:17
None at all!

I was surprised at the lack of WW2 aircraft on Intrepid. Lots of Helicopter and Cold War planes but I was hoping for at least a Corsair or Hellcat.

Ivan
December 14th, 2009, 18:35
I kinda liked the F11F-2 Tiger that was on her deck for a while. I believe that was one of the prettiest planes ever made.

- Ivan.