PDA

View Full Version : 8th Airforce beauties by Dave Quincey

alpine
December 13th, 2009, 01:29
Hi, everybody!

This week Dave uploaded a bunch of skins for the A2A Mustang at FlightSim, owners of that bird shouldn´t miss them, cause they´re exceptional!
Despite his sugestions, I opened the texturecfgs and changed the first fallback entry from texture.shared to just texture, cause A2A named the folder for the shared textures just texture,bla bla...:icon_lol:

Cheers, Thilo

harleyman
December 13th, 2009, 06:35
Nice...Thanks for the heads up..

i don't have that...But others surely do...:bump:

IanP
December 13th, 2009, 07:41
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=27285

Although the denizens of this place will probably pay more attention to you than they did to me. ;)

falcon409
December 13th, 2009, 07:47
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=27285

Although the denizens of this place will probably pay more attention to you than they did to me. ;)
But IanP you're way ahead of him on views, lol (264 for IanP - 114 for Alpine).;)

alpine
December 13th, 2009, 08:20
Sorry, Ian P,
how embarassing, I wasn´t aware of your thread (same texture chosen, same cfg comments..), was a very exhausting week for me and I was so enthusiastic about Daves work!

Cheers, Thilo

IanP
December 13th, 2009, 08:58
I don't mind in the slightest. They're worth advertising twice because they really are very good indeed - I was just surprised that given my understanding that a number of people had this model, very few people seemed interested in them!

Maybe everyone who has it is too busy flying it to add repaints? :d

falcon409
December 13th, 2009, 09:15
I don't mind in the slightest. They're worth advertising twice because they really are very good indeed - I was just surprised that given my understanding that a number of people had this model, very few people seemed interested in them!
Maybe everyone who has it is too busy flying it to add repaints? :d
It's been my observation over the years that many folks simply don't care to comment also. We see threads all the time that have, what someone feels, is noteworthy information and he might get 2 comments and 400 views, lol. Most likely, a lot more than the two people who commented are actually taking that information to heart, they were either too busy to comment, didn't see any reason to comment or figured they'd come back later after taking advantage of what info was in the thread.

I used to take exception to the lack of comments in a thread I would post that I felt was worthy of much more than a few comments, especially when 500+ views were tallied. But honestly, it's just human nature. . .some people take the information and run with it, seeing no real reason to comment at all and I eventually got to the point where I figured if that many people were at least looking at the information, then maybe that was enough.