PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Terran Freight Drones

Lionheart
December 12th, 2009, 18:44
Hey all,

I was playing around a bit ago with Terran Freight Drones.

They arent really designed to be flown in the game, but I got to get in them and test them out. The 'Terran Freight Drone has a big block thing in the front view, so you cant steer it in VC mode. But the regular first version 'Terran Drone' only has a few bits blocking your view and is steerable in VC mode (if you ignore the odd Polygons visible in the cockpit).

I souped up the performance on the Terran Drone with a super tune cheat. Got the little racer up to 800+ M/S. Very cool little craft. I loaded it with Jump Drive, SETA drive (warp?) and Transporter. So it will be like a life boat, launch type of craft and can transport me from the big ships to other ships when needed.

I created them via the Cheat / Create Ship

The Freighter version was loaded with ore and only held something like 50 units. Not worth it as a freighter..

NOTE: Below on the photos, the Terran Drone has a short body, and the Freight Drone version has a longer hull with engines mounted externally.
NOTE 2: These are very small. Dwarfed by the usual Freighters...

Some good fun though.

Man, that Terran Drone is just awesome looking!

Bill

Marlin
December 13th, 2009, 19:23
Very cool. I saw those and was wondering, now I know.
They really are pretty cool looking machines.

Lionheart
December 13th, 2009, 21:11
To me, it looks like a personal ship, or little launch.

I found the models in the ROOT files for Gmax. I might make one with a better VC and call it a personal ship.

harleyman
December 15th, 2009, 02:08
:applause::applause:

Looking great...Love the screenshots Bill....

Neat looking little ship too.....You are really learning your way around this sim in short time too!

Chacha
December 15th, 2009, 04:01
:applause::applause:

Looking great...Love the screenshots Bill....

Neat looking little ship too.....You are really learning your way around this sim in short time too!

Short time?

Don't you know that Bill already resides in Terran? He is a resident there.... Pretty soon he will grow scales and turn green.... I talked to him the other day and his speech is changing too...

He said, Eli, How is Florerran? in a robotic way.... Goodness, somebody better save his behind! :icon_lol: He is either turning into a Xenon or a Teladi or maybe a Kha'ak? :bump:

Sorry Bill, I can't resist.... wake up and be in your own world somedays! :engel016:

Lionheart
December 29th, 2009, 21:26
Short time?

Don't you know that Bill already resides in Terran? He is a resident there.... Pretty soon he will grow scales and turn green.... I talked to him the other day and his speech is changing too...

He said, Eli, How is Florerran? in a robotic way.... Goodness, somebody better save his behind! :icon_lol: He is either turning into a Xenon or a Teladi or maybe a Kha'ak? :bump:

Sorry Bill, I can't resist.... wake up and be in your own world somedays! :engel016:

Goodness! I didnt see this...

I could have excercised my authority to delete it! :d

Yes.. My speech goes whacko with overdoses of grapes.. arrgh.. Bad me..

<-- smacks self

Chacha
December 29th, 2009, 21:32
Goodness! I didnt see this...

I could have excercised my authority to delete it! :d

Yes.. My speech goes whacko with overdoses of grapes.. arrgh.. Bad me..

<-- smacks self

Oooops,

I just received an Infraction! :isadizzy:

:pop4: