PDA

View Full Version : MTO textures, mesh, coastlines,etc.

highpockets
December 12th, 2009, 07:05
I need some help again in my MTO install. I have MG desert texture, desTXbeta1, ehXavi textures all downloaded along with Rhumba's Lod's and even Haut's Lybia mesh. Would like to try Jean Bomber's latest coastlines. I am confused as to which ones to use and where in the library sequence they go and which ones to eliminate that may already be in the install.
I guess I am dumb :kilroy:. I have Rami's guides, but still am learning how all this fits together. I have read some other threads where the sequnces are listed and those have been a help.
There is so much good "stuff" for added realism. I am going to have to stop someday and do some flying!! :mixedsmi:
Thanks for any guidance.

Rami
December 12th, 2009, 07:48
Highpockets,

Actually, the best solution right now is to use my Rhumba ETO guide for the Mediterranean. Once Jeanbomber completes his coastline work in the Med, then we'll use his coastlines as a replacement for Sander's stuff, but for right now, that's the best solution.

You really don't need Josiah Haut's mesh anymore, and you can still keep your textures if you wish.

Jean bomber's coastlines fit on top of the Sander/Rhumba base. In that configuration I've not had any issues. Once Jean bomber completes his work, then it will have to be adjusted accordingly.

highpockets
December 12th, 2009, 08:17
Does only one of those textures work or all three?? I am not sure which I have installed or if only default. I'll have to check.
Thanks Rami

highpockets
December 12th, 2009, 09:11
In my MTO I have installed:
Ludowise C2 waters; afrwater,eurwater,nasiawater.
CFS2 coast europe
CFS2 eurw Global excludes and Beta4.
CFS2Tex1&2
I had already taken out the Lybia mesh and added Dem 7.
SC_Eurw_FeaturePack is in the library as well.

Jean Bomber
December 14th, 2009, 11:25
Hi highpockets

the Ludowise Cfs2 waters,afrwater,eurwater,nasiawater and perhaps CFS2 coast europe are flattens that allow to use mesh with the defaults cfs2 coastlines and land/water mask.
To use the desert scenery coastlines is better to disactive the afrwater they will cut the shorelines that are made from srtm and real maps .
CFS2 eurw Global excludes and Beta4 don't cover these areas that will don't cause issues,They will comes later... some SDC 's bgl work on some part of North Africa(Algéria,north Tunisia).
For Corsica is better to disactive the eurwater flatten for the same reasons and also disactive SC_Eurw_FeaturePack (they stay available and can be active for many places in Europe) because you will have double coasts and roads in water etc...,Corsica is just a beta version

I hope That will help

JP

highpockets
December 14th, 2009, 16:44
Jean
Thanks for the input. I removed the afwater and eurowater frpm my scenerydb/world /scenery folder. I had to remove the bgl's one at a time! I also remove the Euro Feature pack as instructed form my library.
I still do not have any beach or shoreline on my MTO. The water abuts directly to the desert texture.
I am still trying to learn how all these parts fit together.
I have great shorelines in my ETO and PTO separate installs.