PDA

View Full Version : The things we do for love...can kill a man

OBIO
December 11th, 2009, 18:39
Deb has been up in the air lately about those vintage style Coke glasses that McDonalds is giving away with large value meal purchases. All week long she has been saying over and over that she wanted 4 of them. So today, for lunch, I swung by McDonalds and got her a large Big Mac meal and got myself a Double Quarter Pounder meal....just to get two of those glasses. Of course I ate the Double Quarter Pounder....it was GOOD. And all of my fries, and about half of hers. I assumed that that would be our once-a-month McDonalds eat....NOPE! She just had to have 2 more of those Coke glasses TODAY to make sure that they match the two we got at lunch time. So, back to McDonalds I go for supper...got her a large chicken sandwich meal...and since I hate McDonalds chicken stuff...I got a Big and Tasty meal. Again I ate my fries and about half of hers...I can't stand to see food being wasted...never mind that it is my belt-line that is being "waisted" by preventing those fries from going into the trash.

When you are 20, you can eat a Double Quarter Pounder and a Big and Tasty and the equivalent of 3 large fries in one day and have no ill effects. But when you are 40 and do that....man...my innards are HURTING!

All this just so my dear, blue-eyed and slightly psychotic (don't tell her I said that or she'll beat me up) wife could have 4 matching Coke glasses.

Tim

Snuffy
December 11th, 2009, 19:05
LOL! I got a set of those glasses that I've had for years ...

OBIO
December 11th, 2009, 19:13
Thinking about it now....I probably could have gone to a vintage/antique shop and bought 4 real vintage Coke glasses for about the price I paid for 12,000 grams of fat. $12 at lunch, $13 at supper.......$25 bucks can buy a lot of vintage glassware if one shops right.

Tim

cheezyflier
December 11th, 2009, 20:27
this is the reason you shouldn't eat mcdonalds:

IT'S NOT FOOD

you might as well be eatin a bicycle tire. doubt it?

have a look at this...

http://www.bestwellnessconsultant.com/2008/09/23/1996-mcdonalds-hamburger-karen-hanrahan-best-of-mother-earth.aspx

also know that it isn't even the oldest one! google bionic burger museum to see on that is 19!

Toastmaker
December 12th, 2009, 01:51
Sorry Cheezy , but that's just not true. It most certainly is food by any definition because of it's protein and carbohydrate content. It's high fat and sodium content make it not a very healthy portion but to say it's like a bicycle tire and NOT FOOD is inaccurate and somewhat alarmist style writing.

Francois
December 12th, 2009, 02:13
And even if Cheezy was right... never heard of evolution? I am pretty sure that the human race has slowly adapted itself to McDonalds food and is now much more resistant to it than, say, 40 years ago.....

Dain Arns
December 12th, 2009, 09:43
Here's an experiment. Summary. This guy ate (okay "binged") at McDonald's for 30 days straight. Gained nearly 25lbs in that time. Took him 14 months of hard work to get rid of it. :kilroy:

<object width="512" height="296 ">

<embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/vAG-PZbBn1sfk8E75bRL0g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="296"></object>

stansdds
December 12th, 2009, 10:11
All this just so my dear, blue-eyed and slightly psychotic (don't tell her I said that or she'll beat me up) wife could have 4 matching Coke glasses.

Tim
Ok, what's my silence worth? :icon_twi:

djscoo
December 12th, 2009, 10:53
Here's an experiment. Summary. This guy ate (okay "binged") at McDonald's for 30 days straight. Gained nearly 25lbs in that time. Took him 14 months of hard work to get rid of it. :kilroy:
<object height="296 " width="512"></object>
We watched "Super-Size Me" in my health class in High school...it was a lot more effective at getting a point across than book work!

cheezyflier
December 12th, 2009, 10:59
y'all can say what you want, but real food doesn't last for 12-19 yrs.
call me alarmist if you want, but for me, there are better ways to go about it

OBIO
December 12th, 2009, 14:21
What ever those McD burgers were made from....I felt horrible all evening, all night and into today. I have not eaten a thing today....drank nothing but water...just trying to let my body recover from the fast food assault I inflicted upon it. No more McD for me.

OBIO

Dain Arns
December 12th, 2009, 14:42
What ever those McD burgers were made from....I felt horrible all evening, all night and into today. I have not eaten a thing today....drank nothing but water...just trying to let my body recover from the fast food assault I inflicted upon it. No more McD for me.

OBIO

That's like the guy in the movie I posted above. He got sick after eating his first "Super Size" meal, ever. Really, really, sick. :barf:

I remember the last time I ate at "Rotten Ronnie's Steak House", a few years ago. He were in a hurry, and used the Drive Thru. Something was taking a drive through me afterwards. I thought it was going to end up being like that scene in the movie "Alien", in the galley. :173go1:

After that experience and watching "Super Size Me", I don't do Mickey D's anymore. I don't do any fast food anymore... :toilet:

aeronca1
December 12th, 2009, 15:21

I'm with you! If I even look at McDonald's or Burger King, I drive the "porcelain bus" for 2-3 days........

Allen
December 12th, 2009, 16:54

IT'S NOT FOOD

you might as well be eatin a bicycle tire. doubt it?

have a look at this...

http://www.bestwellnessconsultant.com/2008/09/23/1996-mcdonalds-hamburger-karen-hanrahan-best-of-mother-earth.aspx

also know that it isn't even the oldest one! google bionic burger museum to see on that is 19!

So we can add McD burgers with Twinkies to the catagory of thing that with stand a nuke.

Bjoern
December 13th, 2009, 11:46

IT'S NOT FOOD

Actually, it is.

At least the cheeseburger offered at McDumb in Germany got a "good" from independent german quality testers.

I like their taste enhancers. The sauce on a Big Mac is just godlike.
No wonder why that "It's 5am and I'm drunk and on my way home" burger has become kind of a tradition of mine once I am back in a bigger city.

cheezyflier
December 13th, 2009, 15:05
bjoern.. what is goin on in your avatar? i just noticed now there is something on the back of that thrust reverser.

Bjoern
December 16th, 2009, 13:41
bjoern.. what is goin on in your avatar? i just noticed now there is something on the back of that thrust reverser.

Piece of the nacelle that folds away along with the blast deflector?

cheezyflier
December 16th, 2009, 19:06
i can't tell, the pic is too small for my eyes. it looks like a box on the back of the deflector. i didn't know if that's supposed to be there or not

Bjoern
December 17th, 2009, 03:23
i can't tell, the pic is too small for my eyes. it looks like a box on the back of the deflector. i didn't know if that's supposed to be there or not

Most probably it is.

I'm too lazy to do some investigating, but I bet Airliners.net has similar pics that show this part of the nacelle on the bucket.