PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Flightsim.com?

WarHorse47
December 11th, 2009, 15:37
The last couple of days I've noticed that Flightsim.com has made some changes to their site. Every time I take a look at what new files have been added, the scrolling takes forever. Anybody else notice this? :kilroy:

Thanks,

--WH

TARPSBird
December 11th, 2009, 16:57
I check it every day and it's worked OK for me, pages come up fast and no scrolling problems.

WarHorse47
December 12th, 2009, 07:17
Interesting. :salute: It comes up as a slideshow on my machine. Never had a problem before. Not sure if its related to the recent MS patches or something else.

--WH

Quicksand
December 12th, 2009, 07:47
It may be the blasted MS updates, WH. They screwed my machine up, too. I have fixed some of the mess, but my vid driver is now FUBAR, and I can't roll it back, as MS saw fit to delete the old one with the update. I am not very happy right now, as I relied on these updates to improve performance for me, and not mess it up.. I'm going to have to try to fix the driver problem, but I'm going to have a pro talk me thru it, as I've never done anything like it before...

Dain Arns
December 12th, 2009, 09:35
I checked...

Firefox fast. IE slow. :monkies:

I'm naughty for re-opening an 'old wound'. Shame on me. :icon_lol:

stansdds
December 12th, 2009, 10:08
Firefox good for internet, IE good for malware.

Dangerousdave26
December 12th, 2009, 10:28
It may be the blasted MS updates, WH. They screwed my machine up, too. I have fixed some of the mess, but my vid driver is now FUBAR, and I can't roll it back, as MS saw fit to delete the old one with the update. I am not very happy right now, as I relied on these updates to improve performance for me, and not mess it up.. I'm going to have to try to fix the driver problem, but I'm going to have a pro talk me thru it, as I've never done anything like it before...

I have learned the hard way never to update Video, sound, wirless card and just about any other peripheral Drivers from MS update site.

Always go to the source for those updates.

I killed two PC's that way one I had to reload the other I had to use system restore.

cheezyflier
December 12th, 2009, 10:57
5M-YXIQx0JE&f

Dain Arns
December 12th, 2009, 15:00
huh?

arrowmaker
December 12th, 2009, 15:09
No problems with my browser. :icon_lol:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2008/07/02/opera460.jpg

thisizma
December 12th, 2009, 15:14
5M-YXIQx0JE&f
Not that funny. I've lived in Texas once.:kilroy:

cheezyflier
December 12th, 2009, 15:16
Not that funny. I've lived in Texas once.:kilroy:

sorry to hear that, but hey, it still beats new jersey :icon_lol:

WarHorse47
December 12th, 2009, 18:11
Well, the performance hit is only with that site. No problems with any other site using IE8. Or with anything else using the current vid drivers.

--WH

WarHorse47
December 13th, 2009, 15:38
Ahh.... found the problem.

The zoom level on my browser got changed to 105% instead of 100%. Apparently, the Flightsim site doesn't like that. Once I changed back to 100% everything is back to normal.

--WH