PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

Rufus Rafft
December 11th, 2009, 12:42
my questions have to do with actual gameplay. Is there a favorite fighter? Do the majority feel that the axis/ allied aircraft are equal? Not in preferances but in actual abilities. is there a plane that is shunned in online play because it is considered uber? ....like the la7 in il 2....is there a way to bring up the throttle quadrant like there was in cfs1?. Answers to these and any other questions appreciated. I love this game, cant wait to get online.
Rufus

greycap.raf
December 11th, 2009, 13:06
The stock Spitfire IXE is something of a super performer compared to anything else. Far too manoeuvrable and climbs like a rocket. Thus, the common choice for multiplayer by those who want to win. The stock Spitfire IXC is almost as bad, and "bad" doesn't mean poorly performing in this case. Stock German aircraft are pretty much hopeless when compared to stock Allied aircraft.

No way to bring up the throttle quadrant as there's no 2D panel but you can see the 3D version by looking down in the cockpit.

Rufus Rafft
December 11th, 2009, 14:15
gotcha,
too bad about the quadrant i liked using it in cfs 1
Rufus

Autothrottle
December 11th, 2009, 20:54
The stock Spitfire IXE is something of a super performer compared to anything else. Far too manoeuvrable and climbs like a rocket. Thus, the common choice for multiplayer by those who want to win. The stock Spitfire IXC is almost as bad, and "bad" doesn't mean poorly performing in this case. Stock German aircraft are pretty much hopeless when compared to stock Allied aircraft.

No way to bring up the throttle quadrant as there's no 2D panel but you can see the 3D version by looking down in the cockpit.

I would humbly disagree with that. Try the Gotha 229 in a dogfight with the stock spitfire and see who comes out on top. Once those Jumo engines are warmed up, there is no equal to their performance in the air. As for other german aircraft, the 109's aren't bad. If you're experten then you really have an edge with the tommies in a dogfight.