PDA

View Full Version : Head up; JustFlight Airshow Pilot

IanHenry
December 11th, 2009, 08:52
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
I don't know if anyone has seen this;
http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=445

It was on offer at a pre order price of £21.99 but you had to order it by 9.00am this morning but now it has gone up to it's full price of £27.45
If I had seen it at the pre order price I probably would have bought it, but I think maybe £27.45 is a little too expensive, but I will wait to hear from someone who has bought it before making a final decision.
<o:p> </o:p>
Ian.

tigisfat
December 11th, 2009, 14:39
The premise is very exciting to me, but there simply isn't enough information for me to make a 40 dollar decision. Airshow flying is my favorite kind of flying.

For example, there is a picture of a jet aerobatic team on the front but no more information. I want software that allows me to lead an AI aerobatic team. There is some software out there that allows you to fly a position on the team, like the Patruille Suisse software from Aerosoft Germany, but it's glitchy and there's no movement from the aircraft. They're too stable to look real, and bugs mean the formation has the jitters--effectively making you suddenly appear way in front of ot behind the formation. It makes you constantly rejoining as opposed to actually enjoying the flight and building skill.

RAS_JF
December 16th, 2009, 02:19
Hi Chaps,

We are currently putting a Demo together for this so that you can try-before-you-buy. It will be in the form of a playable download with some features removed/limited.

Hoping to have it ready for release before we all break for Xmas

Thanks

Richard
Just Flight

tigisfat
December 16th, 2009, 14:54
Hi Chaps,

We are currently putting a Demo together for this so that you can try-before-you-buy. It will be in the form of a playable download with some features removed/limited.

Hoping to have it ready for release before we all break for Xmas

Thanks

Richard
Just Flight

Can you give me a rundown of exactly what this product does? You might want to update your advertising too. It's pretty general.

RAS_JF
December 30th, 2009, 06:07
Hi All,

An Airshow Pilot demo is now available from justflight.com.

Visit our demo's page (http://www.justflight.com/demos.asp) for details

tigisfat
December 30th, 2009, 13:46
Hi All,

An Airshow Pilot demo is now available from justflight.com.

Visit our demo's page (http://www.justflight.com/demos.asp) for details

So are you able to fly formation with this product? Do you lead it or does it generate the formations for you to fly with?

Martyn
December 31st, 2009, 00:17
Hi Tigisfat,

In Airshow Pilot you take part in aerobatic competitions alone, rather than performing in formation with other aircraft.

If you try out the demo you'll get a good idea what the product is about.

Thanks

tigisfat
December 31st, 2009, 07:49
Then why are the red arrows on the cover? Jeez. There sure has been a lot of misleading advertising in the FS world.

Martyn
January 7th, 2010, 00:21
Hi tigisfat,

Apologies for the delay in my response. The Red Arrows are included in the product and can be used to fly the routines. Several models are included; a single Red Arrow and two static formations. Unfortunately the product doesn't feature formation flying.

Thanks

tigisfat
January 7th, 2010, 01:40
By static formations, do u mean that a user can fly a formation around?

Martyn
January 7th, 2010, 02:02
Hi,

Two formations of Red Arrows are modelled, but its essentially one aircraft. You can switch between the two formations by altering the NAV2 frequency.

Thanks

tigisfat
January 7th, 2010, 08:16
Hi,

Two formations of Red Arrows are modelled, but its essentially one aircraft. You can switch between the two formations by altering the NAV2 frequency.

Thanks

Sold!!

Thanks for taking the time to patiently answer my questions!