Great aircraft! Cue video... :)

WUxmU7T2MY8

kurt190
December 11th, 2009, 04:50
Have they put any flaps on it yet?

kurt

hews500d
December 11th, 2009, 04:54
Looks like a nice aircraft and the price is right :jump: Is it just me though, or does the prop animation look funky?

Darrell

WarHorse47
December 11th, 2009, 04:54
Also for FS9. Thanks for the HU. :ernae:

--WH

MarkH
December 11th, 2009, 05:04
Looks like a nice aircraft and the price is right :jump: Is it just me though, or does the prop animation look funky?

Darrell
The prop animation is a bit glitchy in FSX. It also doesn't always stop properly when you stop the engine!

Dimus
December 11th, 2009, 05:20
There is also an update in the site for the FSX version. Haven't tried it yet but perhaps it cures this? I'll check in the evening at home.

kurt190
December 11th, 2009, 05:25
So - still no flaps......?

kurt

Henry
December 11th, 2009, 05:35
i do not find it
H

Ferry_vO
December 11th, 2009, 05:44
i do not find it
H

Henry, first you need to register as a customer at their shop, and then you will need to go through the same steps as you would if you'd buy an aircraft. The Miles is listed on page 2 of the military section. Somewhat complicated, but it's free!

Henry
December 11th, 2009, 05:51
Henry, first you need to register as a customer at their shop, and then you will need to go through the same steps as you would if you'd buy an aircraft. The Miles is listed on page 2 of the military section. Somewhat complicated, but it's free!
thanks
i found them:guinness:
H

MarkH
December 11th, 2009, 06:23
There is also an update in the site for the FSX version. Haven't tried it yet but perhaps it cures this? I'll check in the evening at home.
Nope, I have the update too.

huub vink
December 11th, 2009, 06:47
Thanks for the HU David, I'm convinced I would have missed it without it.

Its not really a model I would have been the first on my purchase list, but it is definitely a great gift!

Huub

Below the Miles in FS2004 (Silver Wings)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Miles_Master.jpg

GBrutus
December 11th, 2009, 07:14
Wow, this is very generous indeed. Thanks for the link.

Henry
December 11th, 2009, 07:38
I do see a prop issue in fsx
But i am not complaining:medals:
Thanks

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/miles.jpg

H:icon29:

DB93
December 11th, 2009, 07:46
Thanks for the heads-up! I had to grab this as the price was just right. :)

Cleartheprop
December 11th, 2009, 08:47
thanks David (DSWO)
one more aircraft in my hangar..:engel016:

Lionheart
December 11th, 2009, 09:33
Great looking plane and an awesome deal.

:applause:

Nice screenshots H and Huub.

Thanks David for the heads up.

Bill

CBris
December 11th, 2009, 09:53
Perhaps a "BananaBobPropJob"?

hews500d
December 11th, 2009, 10:51

I was thinking that too! I'll be picking it up when I get home from work tonight. Couldn't really tell from the video posted above, but it looks like there are some good glass reflections in the windscreen too :ernae:

Darrell

Naismith
December 11th, 2009, 11:09
I did read somewhere that this may be a e-mail trawl.
I will wait, the Ted Cook Magister does me OK and that is truely free.

MarkH
December 11th, 2009, 11:30
the Ted Cook Magister does me OK and that is truely free.Crikey, do yourself a favour and grab this one. There's really no comparison!

Henry
December 11th, 2009, 11:38
i looked at the bmp
it could be fixed
H

CBris
December 11th, 2009, 13:32
Weeelll... "Pretty" does describe it - if you use terms like "Pretty basic". I don't know if it is me, my computer or Win7, but the VC is awfully flickery - no way I'd want to fly that for any length of time.

But it is interesting to have in the hangar. A worthwhile must have at the price ;) . Although I don't think it is really payware quality unless they fix the prop, the flaps (there's a lever there, so why no action?) the flickery VC paint an that slightly odd plastic windshield. :applause:

Naismith
December 11th, 2009, 23:35
Ted Cook's Vs This fancy (new) one, generally not a lot to choose between them apart from the VC's.
And here is the link
http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18593
which suggests it is a trawl. I used an old e-mail which it bothers me not a jot if I have it or not.

Cazzie
December 12th, 2009, 03:38
How is Bob? Hope this finds him well.

I'll take a look at that propblur, but it'll have to be later today, I am headed to chapel Hill for a HS state championship football game at 11:00 between Reidsville and Newton-Conover.

Caz

Cazzie
December 12th, 2009, 05:03
Heading out the door for a cold football game. Try the propblur attached below for this, let me know.

Caz

Corsair 14F
December 12th, 2009, 05:15
Please guys where is the bloody installation Key? please help!!!!

I know its free and I'm grateful to the guys at FCS for this (I bought and enjoy the Wimpie and I'm seriously considering the Lanc) but this installation key thing is getting ridiculous.... all I get is an order number and (free of charge) in brackets... :cool:

Navy Chief
December 12th, 2009, 05:46
Please guys where is the bloody installation Key? please help!!!!

I know its free and I'm grateful to the guys at FCS for this (I bought and enjoy the Wimpie and I'm seriously considering the Lanc) but this installation key thing is getting ridiculous.... all I get is an order number and (free of charge) in brackets... :cool:

Same problem here.............

NC

mav
December 12th, 2009, 05:49
Heading out the door for a cold football game. Try the propblur attached below for this, let me know.

Caz

ThX Caz, you're a prince dude!!! :ernae:

CheerZ mav

<div_prefs></div_prefs>

jojohnson9
December 12th, 2009, 05:59
I have registered and still cannot find the Magister at their site. Did they give them all away?

Cazzie
December 12th, 2009, 06:02
Corsair and Chief: when you get to your Order Information page, all is blank white on white, hit Ctrl - A to highlight all and your key will show up.

Caz

Navy Chief
December 12th, 2009, 06:11
corsair and chief: When you get to your order information page, all is blank white on white, hit ctrl - a to highlight all and your key will show up.

Caz

thanks!

Nc

jojohnson9
December 12th, 2009, 06:17
I have registered and still cannot find the Magister at their site. Did they give them all away?
Okay, now I got it...downloaded okay. But what kind of file is it...how do I extract the files?

huub vink
December 12th, 2009, 06:45
Okay, now I got it...downloaded okay. But what kind of file is it...how do I extract the files?

Make it an executable file by adding .exe to the file name. After you have done that the First Class Simulation icon will become visible.

It is not just the alphas from the propeller texture. there is an issue with the animation of the propeller in FSX as well.

As I have both Tex Cook's as the FCS Magister installed I can easily compare them.

Ted has made three different versions, an early version with wheel skirts a early war trainer version and a late war trainer version. The model looks very accurate in shape and has the correct working flaps. Ted uses very small size textures, which is is good for framerates, but looks less good as the currently used large size textures.

The FCS Magister look great, but doesn't have any flaps. There is one version (Skirts), with two different set of textures. The larger textures look nice and I personally prefer the looks of the VC from the FSC one, which loads better on my machine as well.

I can't really say which one is better. I have a soft spot for Ted's models as he often makes the models other don't bother to do. And I really can't understand why a payware model misses something essential as flaps. Mainly due to the texture size I prefer the external looks of the FCS Magister.
But why should I make a choice? They are currently both free! When I had to buy the FCS one I would most probably stick with Ted's version. Now I won't make the choice and keep both on my hard disk.

Huub

N2056
December 12th, 2009, 06:51
Here's something current about the e-mail issues with that group...
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=263444

jordonj
December 12th, 2009, 14:11
Where is the frigging download link?!

Never mind, found it!

Motormouse
December 13th, 2009, 01:48
being a bit of a nay-sayer here, definitely something fishy going on with the e-mail address trawl,
as I had a reply back from Avsim to the e-mail wot I only used on that (FCS/Simfly) site saying I'd complained about a missing file in the library, which I haven't.

It seems as though their beef with Avsim has taken another turn, mass mailing worm-style?

I know one site I won't be visiting again,no matter how good they say they are.

ttfn

Pete

Roger
December 13th, 2009, 03:50
I've had the Magister since it first came out. Before the patch there was a dint in the fuse and fixing it made the prop a little odd. However if anyone could sort the mad flashing out in vc I'd fly it again.

IanP
December 13th, 2009, 06:20
The problem with a lot of the VC is that you are probably looking at the inside of the external model rather than VC components or models. You see the same effect on a number of betas I've been given to play with where the VC hasn't been done/completed yet.

I bought it a while ago as well, intending to use it for AI if nothing else. I've flown it a few times, but not too many to be honest.

alexdan
December 13th, 2009, 09:10
Thanks for the HU David, I'm convinced I would have missed it without it.

Its not really a model I would have been the first on my purchase list, but it is definitely a great gift!

Huub

Below the Miles in FS2004 (Silver Wings)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Miles_Master.jpg

This is Xmas 1939 or 1940

Alex

Naismith
July 17th, 2011, 22:53
Sorry to drag this one up again, but has anyone sorted out the prop issue that we know of?

Roger
July 17th, 2011, 23:00
I think the prop issue is more of an animation rather than a texture problem.

fsafranek
July 17th, 2011, 23:44
Just me ranting late at night but this is a case when a new thread would have been appropriate. The thread title from 2009 has little to do with the question today.

OK, going back under my rock.
:ernae: