PDA

View Full Version : Choctaw NOLF - WIP

thetford569
December 10th, 2009, 18:49
Hey everyone,

First of all Merry Christmas! I'm a recent member of the forums here and although I haven't posted much I've been reading here with much interest. A couple of weeks ago I decided to do something that I had wanted to do for a long time...design some scenery! This is my first ever project and I still have lots to learn to keep up with the rest of you in here. I had been spending alot of time at Jim Dhaenens' excellent NAS Pensacola flying the T-6 and working in the local NOLFs. I decided that one of the NOLFs could use a facelift and since it seemed like an easy place to start I began working on Choctaw NOLF which is near NAS Pensacola. In real life I believe this is the only military NOLF capable of handling the T-6A/B landing requirements and recently finished a runway extension for this purpose. I haven't delved into designing my own custom buildings or 3d objects so everything you see is default objects or other libraries. Thanks to Jim especially for helping me with a few things and donating the E-28 cables and FCLP markings. I'm still working on several things including figuring out how to make my blend mask work but I thought I'd post a few shots here. Comments and constructive criticism is more than welcome...again this is my first ever project so sorry that the quality is not up to some of the other stuff I've seen around here. I do plan on releasing this when it comes to a point that I'm fully proud of and I also will probably ask for some beta testers from here as well. Anyway enjoy!

Brandon

glennc
December 10th, 2009, 19:29
Brandon,

Not bad at all. I'll be looking for it when the time is right. You have more patience than I do.

Glenn :salute:

NoNewMessages
December 10th, 2009, 19:31
Welcome! Always nice to see someone who likes to get down and dirty. :ernae:

VCN-1
December 11th, 2009, 04:31
That is excellent to outstanding. Looking forward to the release. You can't have too much USN panhandle scenery.:jump:

At one time I had rolls of film I shot there, different century though.

But the the saying 3 moves is like one fire is true. I have lost so much from all my moves.

VCN-1

thetford569
December 11th, 2009, 07:26
thanks everyone. Still lots of work to do. I'm going to try and add lots more vegetation to the area and I keep finding other stuff to work on as well! This scenery stuff is pretty fun most of the time. I hope to do some more after this one is over.

Brandon

VCN-1
December 27th, 2009, 11:56
How is the scenery coming along?

VCN-1

Marvin Carter
December 27th, 2009, 12:14
Wow Brandon, Looks great!!!

thetford569
December 27th, 2009, 15:22
How is the scenery coming along?

VCN-1

It's coming along. I sent it to a couple of people for some feedback and I haven't worked in it in about a week due to the holidays. I have some other projects to finish (that are not Flight Sim related) so it will probably be several more weeks before I work on it anymore. Hopefully when I get these other things out of the way I'll be able to work on FS scenery more. I have the itch to learn more and there are some other airports I'd like to work on. Thanks for asking!

Brandon

VCN-1
December 27th, 2009, 18:34
Brandon

Thanks for the update.

VCN-1