PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day (12/10/09)

Cloud9Gal
December 10th, 2009, 17:58
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

You are offered $1,000,000 for the following act:

Before you are ten pistols-only one of which is fully loaded. You must pick up one of the pistols, point it at your forehead and pull the trigger. If you can walk away, you do so as a millionaire.

Would you accept the risk?

Chacha
December 10th, 2009, 18:03
Eeeks :isadizzy:

Just the thought of it makes me tremble...

I am scared of guns, much more point it on my temple -loaded or unloaded... :monkies:

Wing_Z
December 10th, 2009, 18:04
C'mon C9G, be reasonable, add a few more zeros - on the unloaded guns, and also the money.
Say 6 more zeros on each, for starters.
Now we've established the principle, let's negotiate...:d

Lionheart
December 10th, 2009, 18:09
No....

This is a no brainer... (in more ways then one).

For those of you that would 'really' consider it, watch the Deer Hunter (movie).

Bill

Snuffy
December 10th, 2009, 18:15
question!

Are the guns all the same? Are they revolvers or automatics?

Oh I guess that's two questions. :p

Kiwikat
December 10th, 2009, 18:38
Nope, maybe if it were 10 million I'd consider. :mixedsmi:

harleyman
December 10th, 2009, 19:27
Sure....Why not......:pop4:

I would peek into the chambers first....

djscoo
December 10th, 2009, 19:47
I probably would...If the odds were a little more in my favor I'd do it without hesitation.

N2056
December 10th, 2009, 19:54
NO!
I always go with the sure thing :wiggle:

luckydog
December 10th, 2009, 23:27
No hesitation.

Terry
December 10th, 2009, 23:31
Sounds like a reasonable risk provided the money is tax free.

kilo delta
December 11th, 2009, 03:08
Hmmm....a 1 in 10 chance of becoming a "Kurt Cobain" or a 90% chance of becoming an unhinged millionaire (euro's please!).

Bring it on!!:kilroy::bump:

java2srv
December 11th, 2009, 04:13
Not -- simply as a matter of principle. I stand on my values, not money. A fool's errand for earthly wealth. My Wise Counselor was very clear on this. A life of integrity -- what would you have left if you sold that for money?

From a purely practical approach -- when I look at managing risk I assess the likelyhood of a possible failure, and the consequences of the failure if it happens.

What are the chances of the handle coming off of a bucket of coal that I'm carrying? Handle sturdy or rickety? At worst, the bucket could land on my foot -- what are the consequences if it does? Can I keep working or will I probably be in a cast?

:wavey:
Java

Cazzie
December 11th, 2009, 04:25
My life and the life of my loved ones are worth a hell of a lot more than $1,000,000, which in today's time of loose and high finance is just a drop in the bucket.

You got another no C9G. Facing a bullet to save a good life is one thing, facing a bullet for a fortune is another.

Caz

Rufus Rafft
December 11th, 2009, 04:51
can a noob interject?
Cazzie - whoa, good answer. Those 63 years have given you something.
Rufus

Cratermaker
December 11th, 2009, 05:55
Sure! I pick up a pistol at random, put my thumb of my other hand between the hammer and firing pin and pull the trigger. What? No one said I couldn't do that! We then go to court and "settle" for $400,000.

But if I can't bend the rules, NO!

jmig
December 11th, 2009, 08:22
No way, no how. I sorta like living.

CG_1976
December 11th, 2009, 08:35
No no, I'd rather be mauled by a Polar Bear.

Willy
December 11th, 2009, 08:45
Nope. I kind of like me the way I am. Besides, I'm terrible at winning contests.

tigisfat
December 11th, 2009, 08:49
Yup. I don't have kids and I like to buy myself toys.

Bjoern
December 11th, 2009, 09:00
Definately.

You would win in any case. Even though one way might include a Darwin Award nomination.

kilo delta
December 11th, 2009, 10:00
No no, I'd rather be mauled by a Polar Bear.

You mean we had a choice?:isadizzy::icon_lol:

OK...I'll take the Polar Bear too. I'll be sure to have a few bottles of Coca Cola with me to distract him! :bump:

Odie
December 11th, 2009, 11:48
You mean we had a choice?:isadizzy::icon_lol:

OK...I'll take the Polar Bear too. I'll be sure to have a few bottles of Coca Cola with me to distract him! :bump:

KD, with the Coca Cola, you might end of making him a friend for life ! :icon_lol: Bears do have a sweet tooth !

aeronca1
December 11th, 2009, 12:24
I'd do it, lol! If the gun felt heavy I'd walk away. Nothing lost.... If it felt light, $1M and laundry to do!

Toastmaker
December 11th, 2009, 13:30
Negative. Not a chance -

Cloud9Gal
December 11th, 2009, 16:51
Some interesting opinions here folks! Wow! Thanks everyone for sharing your point of view! I'm always interested in different perspective given by people. I always learn a lot from it!

Chacha~ *C9G covers your eyes so you don't see the guns* I totally understand why it would be scary! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Lionheart~ I made a note to rent "Deerhunter". You got me curious now...

Harley~ *baps him on the head* No peeking!

Terry~ LOL @ your "tax free" comment! That was cute!

java2srv~ I enjoyed reading your post- all valid points! Thank you!

Caz~ LOVED your last sentence: "Facing a bullet to save a good life is one thing. Facing a bullet for a fortune is another". Well said Sir!

Willy~ I laughed at your " I'm not lucky with winning contests".