PDA

View Full Version : Yak-9 no shows in fox four korea

Fibber
December 10th, 2009, 10:01
Hi guys;
"Something weird is happening here....what it is ain't exactly clear..."
I had my Fox Four Korea humming along now for awhile with few problems. Suddendly, my Yak 's are now a no show "unable to be found ..yada yada ...yada.."
When the message shows and I hit enter the game continues but sometimes the Yaks will show later and sometimes the message flips again and they don't!
I checked and all aliasing is correct and the planes are there. I have made no changes lately so where should I look now?:isadizzy:

oldwheat
December 10th, 2009, 11:05
"For what it's worth" =
I haven't the foggiest unless perhaps something wonky in the mission files. Another thought, replace the so-called AI Yak with Thicko's YaK-9P, more detailed model with comparable or even better FRs & see if that fixes the problem. Actually, I have replaced a number of the FoxFour AIs with counterparts: Oldliner MiG 15 (VG FRs!), Bismarck's B-29 & TU-2 & even the SOH B(A)-26 Invaders.

Jagdflieger
December 10th, 2009, 13:48
Fibber,

You're showing your age! The lyrics from the "Buffalo Springfield" bring back some memories.

As to your problem, I can only recommend reinstalling those aircraft and see if that works.

bearcat241
December 10th, 2009, 14:23
Your database is corrupted, possibly from a recent addition or two, or a deletion of any unwanted stock ships and/or aircaft that just scrambled some earlier entries, like the aircraft in question.

(1) Delete the following files from the main folder:

ICAO_INDEX
INDEX_FILE
LAT_INDEX
AIRWAY_INDEX
STR_INDEX
WAYPOINT_INDEX

(2) Put ALL of your Korea era ships and aircraft in the proper directories, i.e. the main SHIPS and AIRCRAFT folders. Also include the stockers that you've elected to keep for the era and the KTO. Check the qc_plane.qcb file in the QUICKCOM folder to make sure all aircraft in the AIRCRAFT folder are included - stock and addons.

(3) Start the sim and wait as the database rebuilds the index files based on what's in the AIRCRAFT and SHIPS folders, and the installed scenery and weapons.

Fibber
December 10th, 2009, 14:47
Thanks Bear will give that a try. Jadg, :jump: I know but it still makes me smile when I hear it.

oldwheat
December 10th, 2009, 15:38
You missed it completely! The name of the song is= "For what it's worth" :salute:

tonybones2112
December 10th, 2009, 16:22
Fibber,

You're showing your age! The lyrics from the "Bufallo Springfield" bring back some memories.

As to your problem, I can only recommend reinstalling those aircraft and see if that works.

"There's a man with a gun over there
Tellin' me, I got to beware..."

Bones

Jagdflieger
December 10th, 2009, 17:26
Yes, but "Buffalo Springfield" was the band that sang it.

Here's the song on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5M_Ttstbgs&feature=related