PDA

View Full Version : Cool Lindburg Footage

Emil Frand
December 10th, 2009, 05:12
http://www.airportappraisals.com/qualifications/

Dain Arns
December 10th, 2009, 06:34
I've always had an interest in Mr. Lindbergh and what an effect this flight had on the rest of his life. One of my fondest memories as a teenager was walking through the front doors of the newly opened Smithsonian NASM, and seeing the Ryan NYP hanging from the ceiling.

I don't know. Maybe its so iconic, and we've all seen her so much over the years, but every time I see the Spirit of St. Louis, it just had the look of being the right plane to make the flight, successfully. Even in this video.

Very cool video indeed! Thank you! :salute:

rpetty
December 10th, 2009, 06:37
Excellent footage!! I didn't realize how much film coverage had been taken prior to his flight. Following each chapter gave me a greater sense of what it must have been like on that historic day...and the stories, merveilleux!

Snuffy
December 10th, 2009, 07:23
Great find! Excellent film ... kinda hard at first to navigate the episodes in order ... but once figured out, it was great!

Thanks for sharing.

brad kaste
December 10th, 2009, 07:58
Are there more than two episodes? That's as far as I got,...the takeoff from Roosevelt Field. Excellent old film footage I've never seen before.

OBIO
December 10th, 2009, 08:21
Brad

Clicking on the menu selections on the left will bring different episodes up in the periscope area.

Click on Contact....it will then list all four episodes.

OBIO

Curtis P40
December 10th, 2009, 16:46
Time well spent!! Thank you for posting. " I'm not Lindbergh." never heard that story before.
Curt:applause: