PDA

View Full Version : My Round the World Flight

whitehawk_2009
October 29th, 2008, 21:02
Well, I'm going to be doing my own RTW flight. I've been wanting to do this for a while, finally have the time.

I will be using Moses' guidelines, with one exception.

-Fly in real time & with real weather.
-Follow all ATC procedure as best as possible.
-No slewing or time compression.
-Fly by the numbers for each aircraft. No "RTW" style full throttle/dive to the deck flights.
-Use only ADF beacons, DR and Pilotage.

My begining route will be my grandfather's route to Italy:
Ardmore, OK (KADM)
Kearney, NE (KEAR)
Manchester, NH (KMHT)
Gander, Newfoundland (CYQX)
Azores Islands, either Santa Maria Island (LPAZ) or Lajes Field (LPLA) on Terceira (This one will be iffy on fuel... I think)
Marrakech, Morocco (GMMX)
Tunis, Tunisia (DTTA)Amendola Air Field, Italy (LIBA)

Sorry if it's a bit wordy, I lost my old list with post database ( :censored:damn hacker!)

I'm gonna start tomorrow, after I get some sleep.

WH

Moses03
October 30th, 2008, 04:45
Good luck WH. :)

Willy
October 30th, 2008, 17:59
I've found that it helps me to never start out with the intention of flying around the world. It's always what's behind the next hill that keeps my interest going. Going all the way around is best kept as a glimmer in the back of the mind.

EasyEd
October 31st, 2008, 19:23
Hey All,

Good Luck WH! This is probably the main FS thing I've never done. Think about doing it a lot the trouble is I can't decide what plane I want to be in that long as I want to fly one plane all the way around the first time. Sort of paralysis by analysis! :costumes:

-Ed-

Tako_Kichi
October 31st, 2008, 19:51
Good luck WH and Ed I know what you mean about plane choice. Last night I DL'd the demo of FS Commander and planned a route covering all the UK airfields in FSX, from the most northern Scottish islands to the Channel Islands off the coast of France. Now I just have to decide what I want to do it in...lol. Too many choices! :isadizzy::banghead: