PDA

View Full Version : WIP's, XB-19 and Curtiss SC-1 Seahawk

PutPut
December 9th, 2009, 18:43
Here is an early look at the XB-19 and a very early look at my upcoming Curtiss SC-1 Seahawk. The XB-19 has a set of reflective textures which I will probably abandon in favor of specular shine. I was in love with reflective textures in FS9 but they just don't work as well for me in FSX. Specular shine appears to be more controllable in FSX.
The Seahawk was the last plane the Navy ordered to be a catapult launched scout.

Paul

Moses03
December 9th, 2009, 18:52
I like the giant XB-19 especially. Very nice Paul!

N2056
December 9th, 2009, 18:59
Paul, they look great! If you wish, I would be happy to work with you on using FSX materials to get both your reflection & specular working. Help is a PM away :)

PutPut
December 9th, 2009, 19:12
Paul, they look great! If you wish, I would be happy to work with you on using FSX materials to get both your reflection & specular working. Help is a PM away :)

Thanks, Robert, I'll come looking for help if I get totally out of whack. I use FSDSv3.51 with FSDSXTweak2.71 and really don't have too much trouble with the materials routine. I just don't like the looks of pure reflective textures in FSX compared to FS9.

Paul

N2056
December 9th, 2009, 19:15
Argh! FSDS...As my Avatar states, I am a Gmax guy, but I might still be able to help. My guess is that the materials have to behave the same...

PutPut
December 9th, 2009, 19:34
Argh! FSDS...As my Avatar states, I am a Gmax guy, but I might still be able to help. My guess is that the materials have to behave the same...

Yes, Dave Nunez's Tweak program adds all the material buckets that were originally missing in FSDS for FSX. The Tweak interface does not look like the Gmax material editor but adds the same basic data so I can usually understand a Gmax thread regarding materials.

Paul

Pips
December 9th, 2009, 23:33
Always luv your choice in aeroplanes Paul. Soooo different! :)