PDA

View Full Version : Phillies win it all!!!

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 29th, 2008, 19:26
WOOHOO!!!!

Phinally!

Gregory Paul
October 29th, 2008, 19:35
Great!

Felixthreeone
October 29th, 2008, 19:40
WoooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!:ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae::jump::jump::jump ::jump::applause::applause:

Allen
October 29th, 2008, 19:45
Do we get philly cheese steak now?:icon_lol:

MyassisDragon
October 29th, 2008, 20:47
Congratulations to my hometown team, to the boys of summer of 2008, to the 2008 World Series Champions - The Philadelphia Phillies.

Way to go, guys. :applause: :ernae: :d

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 29th, 2008, 21:48
Do we get philly cheese steak now?:icon_lol:

Depends if you mean the wimpy cheese whiz kind, or The Real Deal.

I caution you, if you pick the former, Rocky Balboa comes after you (I can only imagine how many people around this area are playing that theme. I am). :d

Allen
October 30th, 2008, 12:55
Depends if you mean the wimpy cheese whiz kind, or The Real Deal.

I caution you, if you pick the former, Rocky Balboa comes after you (I can only imagine how many people around this area are playing that theme. I am). :d

Dose it matter if some one will send a philly cheese steak out to CA?:d

EgoR64
October 30th, 2008, 15:24
:wavey:

Bravo to the Fighting Phillies !!

Fun Team to Watch as well as the TB Rays !! :applause:

Hmmm Cheese Steak, Get ya some good beef, Sliced rib-eye or some USDA Choice top round western steer beef. Cut Slim Slices. Fry it up in little Olive Oil until nice and tender, toss some american Cheese, Provolone, or Cheese Whiz, throw any add-ons on thier, when cheese is slightly melted place sliced hogie Bread roll of choice on-top, my favorite roll is a Vienna Football Roll, brown slighlty, That it Enjoy, Enjoy with your Favorite Greasy Frys !! :d

Many Cheers !! :ernae:

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 30th, 2008, 19:27
Hmmm Cheese Steak, Get ya some good beef, Sliced rib-eye or some USDA Choice top round western steer beef. Cut Slim Slices. Fry it up in little Olive Oil until nice and tender, toss some american Cheese, Provolone, or Cheese Whiz, throw any add-ons on thier, when cheese is slightly melted place sliced hogie Bread roll of choice on-top, my favorite roll is a Vienna Football Roll, brown slighlty, That it Enjoy, Enjoy with your Favorite Greasy Frys !! :d

Ego, for a proper Philly cheese steak, I agree with some of that - including the greasy fries, though regular fries will do so long as you let the juices from the Philly soak 'em. I still hold that cheese whiz isn't right for Philadelphia's favorite food, though.

You can't use the best meat though. As Governor (formerly Mayor of Philadelphia) Ed Rendell said, "You need the fattiest, stringiest meat to get a proper taste..."

It could be worse, of course:

For presidential candidates, eating a cheesesteak in South Philly is a political rite of passage. Clinton did it, and so did Gore. John McCain gobbled one, with hot peppers.

...Kerry, you may have heard, failed miserably.

He ordered a cheesesteak with Swiss cheese.

Now I suppose in some corners of the world, Swiss is a perfectly acceptable sandwich ingredient. Switzerland, maybe.

But in Philadelphia, ordering Swiss on a cheesesteak is like rooting for Dallas at an Eagles game. It isn't just politically incorrect; it could get you a poke in the nose.

I once witnessed a sandwich-maker reach halfway out a store window, grab a dude by the neck and threaten to kneecap him and his girlfriend just because the guy asked, "With what?"

Onions, you idiot!

Pat's Steak owner Frank Olivieri had the good grace not to throttle Kerry. But he did advise him that, here in Philly, we don't much like Swiss-eating campaign monkeys.

God, I love Philadelphia. Especially when they win championships. :icon_lol:

And speaking of Rendell, he was kind enough to offer a pardon of sorts to Philadelphia children, encouraging any who want to go to the big parade down Broad Street to skip school.

That party's gonna be nuts. I'm going myself. :d

cheezyflier
October 30th, 2008, 19:39
i haven't had a cheez steak in over 2 years :banghead:

they are my favorite, but totally unavailable here in toronto. besides that, they never heard of american cheez!!!
somebody send me a pack of kraft singles and a box of steak-ums!!!
or at least some quaker maid sammich steaks! i need amoroso rolls too!!!
hhheeeeeeeel l l l p p p mmmmmeeeeee ee e e e e e e e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 30th, 2008, 19:47
Bah. Provolone cheese is better and more old-school anyway. ;)

MyassisDragon
October 30th, 2008, 22:09
The best Philly cheese-steak consists of a fresh, crusty Italian roll, good fatty, thin sliced beef, fried onions and plenty of melted Provolone cheese.

Gonna have one right now, along with some champaign, to celebrate the first World Series win in 28 years! Go Phillies!

Lazerbrainz2k3
October 31st, 2008, 20:31
"World Champions! World F___ing Champions!" -Chase Utley

The parade was nuts today - a championship-starved Philly beats the PRC at showing passion any day of the week!

MyassisDragon, I don't know where you are now but if you weren't there, you should have been. Through some wheeling-and-dealing while tailgating before the parade got there, some friends and I got inside Lincoln Financial Field to see the festivities. It was great, especially when Chase said the above which made EVERYONE go wild (and I'm really getting sick of news programs and sports radio apologizing for him saying that. Most kids young enough to not know it probably didn't register it, and if you were a kid there, I guarantee you heard that and worse more than once).

The cops were great, letting almost anything go so long as it wasn't dangerous or destructive or over-the-top obscene - including letting yours truly walk around the sports complex while openly drinking from a big can of beer. Some of them even let passing fans high-five them.

The players offered great and properly gracious words to their fans. Ryan Howard cried. Rollins joked that he couldn't beat what Utley just said. Jamie Moyers, a Philly native, spoke of being one of us, having following the Phillies all his life and seeing the 1980 parade and now bringing one to his hometown. Charlie Manuel spoke in his usual country boy way, as usual the personification of the lovable yet gruff baseball coach you always see in movies.

The fans? Crazy. Cars going by with people standing through sunroofs or hanging out of windows (or both). Honking galore, including air horns from passing big rigs and I'm certain a freight train - a train, for crying out loud! - passing the Linc whistled a salute too, since no crossings were evident. Cheers, chants, booze and good feelings were everywhere. The City of Brotherly Love lived up to that nickname.

It was a great day, probably the best I've had yet.

MyassisDragon
October 31st, 2008, 22:48
I was there at the start at City Hall, then hopped the subway to the sports complex. It was absolutely nuts - and fun! Looked like every parade you ever saw rolled into one-X2! Tell you what, Philly knows how to have a good time! Never had so many high fives or free beers from absolute strangers. Nothing negative, just crazy fun! Great World Series - Great Parade! :d