PDA

View Full Version : Some airplane "toys"...

FengZ
December 8th, 2009, 20:03
A friend of mine dropped off a BUNCH of cool airplane scale models yesterday at my office. He said these are pretty hard to get these days but found a wholesaler in Japan who had a few. He knows that i love airplanes....

I was never into collecting these, but man, i sure love them now! Their scale and details are awesome! I think there's a few more coming. He's trying to get a P-51 and a Me-109....nice! Now i know why some of you guys collect these! He also helped me hang 2 of them up....

sorry for the bad quality...camera phone :P

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/fs2004/fzd_office_08.jpg

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/fs2004/fzd_office_06.jpg

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/fs2004/fzd_office_05.jpg

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/fs2004/fzd_office_04.jpg

P-47 and Stuka

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/fs2004/fzd_office_01.jpg

-feng

Allen
December 8th, 2009, 20:07
Scale models?:isadizzy: They look like RC's! HUGE!!

Chacha
December 8th, 2009, 20:17
Wow,

They are so cool!

Great buy... FengZ.... and isn't it great to have a friend like him!? :applause:

Kiwikat
December 8th, 2009, 20:29
I'd love to have one of those F-104's on my shelf in my room. :jump:

Piglet
December 8th, 2009, 20:46
LOL, I used to work for the company that made those. 1/18 scale display models. Now you know why the JU-87 has a pig insignia, least on one of the released paints.:ernae:

FengZ
December 8th, 2009, 21:38
LOL, I used to work for the company that made those. 1/18 scale display models. Now you know why the JU-87 has a pig insignia, least on one of the released paints.:ernae:

cool! you guys did a great job on these. The Me-262 is especially nice. It required a bunch of screws to assemble and every surface is movable. Pretty amazing details.

ChaCha: My friend who got these is actually the founder of Stikfas toys. They were extremely popular a few years back when Hasbro licensed it over to the States. Anyways, his office is insane!! Pretty much every toy on the planet is in his office....from floor to ceiling...covering two grand rooms...i gotta go take a pic. And yeah, he's a really nice guy and a great person to be working with (our new products will be out summer of 2010).

Here's an article about him. 60,000+ toys in his collection! Insane!!!

http://www.tampinesjc.net/success/24-mar-08.htm

-feng

Chacha
December 8th, 2009, 22:10
Oh man, FengZ...

Your friend is a Legend!

Stikfas' Alpha Male.... :engel016: Wow!

Tripod... his adopted dog, that is so cool...

60,000+ toys in his collection is really insane...

Thanks for sharing, man....

Lionheart
December 8th, 2009, 22:51
Love that Me-262! You can see all the moveable control surfaces..

Thanks for showing and sharing Feng! Awesome stuff.

Bill

harleyman
December 8th, 2009, 23:54
Amazing story.....Great toys too!

I'm jelous now.....LOL

Emil Frand
December 9th, 2009, 06:58
those look like the 21st century 1/18 planes, I had 25 of em hanging in my basement at one point but had to thin it out affter remodeling.
few weeks ago on craigslist here some guy posted free built model airplanes, my 4 year old loves planes(as I do) and free is always a good deal so I called, I get there to pick them up and theres 4 HUGE boxes!
Get them home and start opening them, they were all wrapped in newspaper, b17,b25,b26,b29, pby, a northrup flying wing, prop version, sr71, second box had p51,f6f,sbd,f4u and more, third box was all US navy jets and an e2 hawkeye, fourth box was carriers, from the 1st lexington through to the lastest carriers, plus 2 battleships, in all there were over 50 planes and 35 carriers!!! what a score......

Wittpilot
December 9th, 2009, 13:24
Originally 21st Century was going to make a 1/18 scale B-25 model... I think $$ changed that idea.....

kilo delta
December 9th, 2009, 13:30
Now those models really are drool worthy! I've seen a few on ebay but shipping charges are more than the cost of the model !:icon_lol:

Bjoern
December 9th, 2009, 15:10
I want that Starfighter and Schwalbe.

GT182
December 9th, 2009, 16:02
I'd love to get ahold of a 262 in that scale. It would go great with the one the Collings Foundation has that'll be on tour next year.

I have the 21st Century 1/8 scale TBF-1 Avenger, but no place to display it so it's still in the box. It IS huge.

Wittpilot
December 9th, 2009, 16:24
Fengz, I think you are missing the P-38 out of that group... you might just have to grab taht one to add... 'course you will probably pay a pretty penny for that... they are all pretty expensive, and the Lightning was one of the first models...

FengZ
December 9th, 2009, 16:53
Fengz, I think you are missing the P-38 out of that group... you might just have to grab taht one to add... 'course you will probably pay a pretty penny for that... they are all pretty expensive, and the Lightning was one of the first models...

Heheh, now i want them all! My friend Ban told his distributor in Japan to basically buy/ship anything he can find from this series.

A P-38 would be awesome! I didn't know they also made bombers? A B-17 would be HUGE if they kept it at the same scale (so far, these are all in scale with one another....the pilots can be inter-changed).

Two more are suppose to arrive this week. We don't know what Japan is sending us until we open the box...kinda fun...

-feng

cheezyflier
December 9th, 2009, 20:06
We don't know what Japan is sending us until we open the box...kinda fun...

this one part sounds like christmas at our house. every year the wife's folks send us a big box of stuff.

Piglet
December 9th, 2009, 23:32
When I was at 21c , we had to fudge the P-38's main gear, so it would sit properly on it's three wheels. The main struts would pivot down as normal, and then slide back a little bit.
B-25? I was pushing for a P-39, Skyraider, F-5 and a U-2!

Emil Frand
December 10th, 2009, 06:02
Yeah there was supposed to be a 1/18 B25 but it was never released. Theres another company that makes 1/18th scale stuff cant remember the name though. I have the D-Day P38, its sitting in a box, I have the Snake Stuka, P47 Eileen and a Spitfire/new in box, also a Corsair named Marines Dream that was made by that other company. I was really into these for a while and was getting them as gifts as well as buying them and like I said had 25 or so hanging in the basement, 109s,190s,P40s,Spits,P47s, sold them as I had no room to keep them after the remodeling of the basement.
If your in or near Green Bay and want to buy the 5 I have let me know.
found this for your drooling pleasure:
http://airplanesandmore.com/products.php?cat=49

Hals und Bein Bruch
December 10th, 2009, 13:40
if only some enterprising crew could create super detailed Allisons or Pratt & Whitneys for these monsters I'd never leave my modeling desk..!!

Lionheart
December 10th, 2009, 15:37
It would be cool to see super sized Star Wars models with extreme details like these.

Imagine a 3 foot diamater Millenium Falcon with working, retractable landing gear and realistic cockpit, lowering ramp, and all painted. Imagine some of the newer ships, or even some from the new animated series. But not done like toys. These would be really nice, like the ones Feng has in these photos.

I was at Walmart last year and an older retired gentleman in an electric wheelchair, wearing an expensive suit, had several of those in his cart, the largest ones. I talked to him for a while. One of the things I said was, 'Man, why didnt they have toys like this when we were kids... ' . I laughed and agreed.

I think the market of these kinds of toys are adults. Thats a humble opinion, but I think more and more adults are buying some 'nice' toys to put on shelves these days.

Remember those X-Wings that you could buy that were huge? Super high detail.. You could never find them anywhere and cost a pretty penny, but from the photos, they were like replica's of the ones used in the filming of SW.

Bill

Curtis P40
December 10th, 2009, 15:52
So... when your by yourself, have you flown any around the room ? :bump:
Curt

Lionheart
December 10th, 2009, 18:10
So... when your by yourself, have you flown any around the room ? :bump:
Curt

lololol.....

no..

But I drive my little cars around on the desk, no matter whos around. :d

djscoo
December 10th, 2009, 18:45
Revell makes several starwars model sets, they aren't 1:18 though. I got my younger brother the snap-together X-wing and ARC-170 for his birthday, and I got him the imperial shuttle for Christmas.
http://www.revell.com/model-kits/licensed/starwars.html#85-1863

Piglet
December 10th, 2009, 18:59
Want nice Star Wars models? Try Fine Molds series. 1/72 scale X and Y Wings, TIE Fighter and Interceptor, Jedi Delta fighter, both Fett ships, and if you can afford, it Millinium Falcon. All as nice as a Tamiya, or Hasegawa aircraft kit. Fine Molds is run by some ex-Hasagawa guys.