PDA

View Full Version : New FSX Aircraft in development?

ColoKent
October 29th, 2008, 19:06
Does anyone know if any of the following aircraft are in development for FSX?

- AV-8B Harrier (and dual training version)
- AJ-37 Saab Viggen
- F-4U Corsair
- A-7D Corsair II
- T-38 Talon

I've been out looking and I have not seen much out there for FSX...

Just wondered. Thanks!

Cheers,

Kent

MudMarine
October 29th, 2008, 19:07
F4U and A-7 are.

Prowler1111
October 29th, 2008, 19:08
Well, for the Corsair II i can give you this link (shameless plug)

http://forum.razbam.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=503

And of that list,i can say another one of them is on our current schedule

Best regards
Prowler

ColoKent
October 29th, 2008, 21:55
Prowler...are you with RAZBAM?

K.

CG_1976
October 29th, 2008, 22:26
Rats, darn No FSX Native Dolphins in production:banghead::banghead::banghead: Although there's a FSX Nstive Panther lurkin.:applause::d Meet the 1st FSX Native AS565 Panther.

grover
October 29th, 2008, 23:01

K.
rofl :D You could say that ;)

michael davies
October 30th, 2008, 00:49

K.

Ron 'is' Mr Razbam LOL.

Best

Michael

kilo delta
October 30th, 2008, 05:11
FSD are to release an fsx'd Talon. No AV-8B in development afaik though a lil birdie tells me that Iris may release their fs9 DSB Harrier as freeware "soon" which may well fly and look ok in fsx (albeit probably only under dx9c):kilroy:

Prowler1111
October 30th, 2008, 05:38

K.

Letīs say i know the guy pretty well (too well i might add)...:d:d

Prowler

IanP
October 30th, 2008, 06:14
FSD are to release an fsx'd Talon. No AV-8B in development afaik though a lil birdie tells me that Iris may release their fs9 DSB Harrier as freeware "soon" which may well fly and look ok in fsx (albeit probably only under dx9c):kilroy:

The VC isn't flyable - the HUD is "silvered out" - the old FS9-in-FSX transparency problem. It should be easy to fix by replacing the alpha, but no-one has been able to find the texture to change it!

Ian P.

Bone
October 30th, 2008, 06:23
[quote=kilo delta;25264]FSD are to release an fsx'd Talon. /quote]

I hope the T-38 comes with more than just a NASA paint job.

kilo delta
October 30th, 2008, 06:29
@ Bone... there were lots of repaints available of the FS9 version, i'm sure the FSX aircraft would prove just as popular.

Ian...must dig out my old DSB Harrier and have a look see :)

ColoKent
October 30th, 2008, 07:18
...I'm not holding my breath-- witness the never ending saga of the Lockheed Jetstar and MU-2 (both of which I will scoop up when they become available). In FSDs defense, I'm not convinced simply porting over their existing T-38 to run in FSX would sell very well, which probably means they would have to develop it anew-- as a result, I would expect a new FSD T-38 just in time for FS18!

I went out in the last few nights to a website and saw a pretty impressive looking T-38C, but it looks like it's been in development forever, with no hint of a release year. To anyone who builds a Talon: We need a paintkit, and we need a version with and without the travel pod!

The other airplane I REALLY want to see updated and/or redone is the T-33A.

Cheers,

Kent

Bone
October 30th, 2008, 07:56
If those AF guys who make the T-37 will get their head out of their helmuts, maybe we can get a Tweet for FSX.:jump:

N2056
October 30th, 2008, 08:47
...I'm not holding my breath-- witness the never ending saga of the Lockheed Jetstar and MU-2 (both of which I will scoop up when they become available). In FSDs defense, I'm not convinced simply porting over their existing T-38 to run in FSX would sell very well, which probably means they would have to develop it anew-- as a result, I would expect a new FSD T-38 just in time for FS18!

Well, I am unaware of any plans to do anything with the T-38, and the Jetstar is slated to be completed as a full FSX-SP2 model as soon as the Commander (which is in beta testing now) gets out of the hanger. All future releases from FSD will be FSX only. I'd love to get involved with the MU-2, but I'm working on the conversions right now along with the Thorp.

Oh, and I realize that the FSD release history has been frustrating to some...this is not a full-time job for most of the group, and cracks like the "FS18" one are getting old. Have you ever made a plane from scratch? :kilroy:

JT8D-9A
October 30th, 2008, 09:05
The VC isn't flyable - the HUD is "silvered out" - the old FS9-in-FSX transparency problem. It should be easy to fix by replacing the alpha, but no-one has been able to find the texture to change it!

Ian P.
Maybe you can fix the model with MDLMat.

Henry
October 30th, 2008, 09:08
Have you ever made a plane from scratch? :kilroy:
Yup i started 6 years ago and still have a blank screen :redf:
yes it is never understood how long it takes and what actual
time you have available
H

jmig
October 30th, 2008, 09:10
If FSD updates their T-38 I will be the first person in line to buy it. Especially, if it is a "C" model.

kilo delta
October 30th, 2008, 10:05
Maybe I was mis-informed, but I was under the impression that FSD were going to release their entire catalogue as full FSX spec??:isadizzy: Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick:redf:

ColoKent
October 30th, 2008, 10:21
...you are absolutely correct: I have never built a plane-- and it's a good thing too, because that factor (multiplied by the thousands of us who don't have the time to dedicate to development) is precisely what keeps companies like FSD in business... :wavey:

Cheers,

Kent

quantumleap
October 30th, 2008, 11:22
I too would like to see a built for FSX T-38 Talon. I used both the previous FSD freeware and payware versions.

Jeff

jmig
October 30th, 2008, 12:08
Well, I am unaware of any plans to do anything with the T-38, ...Oh, and I realize that the FSD release history has been frustrating to some...this is not a full-time job for most of the group, and cracks like the "FS18" one are getting old. Have you ever made a plane from scratch? :kilroy:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlc lip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlc lip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlc lip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> Robert, I am not trying to start a war here. I recognize your loyalty to FSD and desire to defend them. It also seems FSD has had some rough times since the introduction of FSX. If I remember correctly, one of the three left to move down the street. Places like AVSIM and Flightsim have had threads where everyone body jumps on FSD.

However, FSD is not a freeware producer. They did make the free T-38 back in the FS8 days and, it was bundled rather with a C-19 for FS9. Still, they are a for profit organization.

We the consumers, have certain expectations of freebie producers, such as you with the Thorp or Piglet and his aircraft and, another set for commercial producers.

Timing is important in both comedy and business. RealityXP had a wonderful Garmin 55 that I used in FS9. By the time they made it for FSX I had given up and moved on. I still haven't bought it. The same may be true for the Dreamfleet Barron. If Real air comes out with the Duke first, there will be no need for a Barron in my FSX hanger.

So, while I can understand your frustration with "FS18" comments, they reflect the frustrations of consumers. Most of us do not have inside lines to FSD to say, "We are waiting but not patiently."

Actually, if I had an inside line I would say, "Make the T-38C!!!!"

I don’t think ColoKent was pointing fingers at you personally. I think he was expressing the frustrations of all FS consumers who wait for a certain product from a vendor only to hear silence from the vendor.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

ColoKent
October 30th, 2008, 14:21
...I'm not trying to be "mean" to developers-- payware or freeware.

I absolutely will not push on freeware developers regarding the pace of their projects-- they are doing the community a service.

It is true however, that I expect regular, discrete updates from companies that are building payware that they promote ahead of time and expect the community to buy. Put quite simply, if a company decides to produce a product for pay (vs. freeware), the rules change, and the expectation is higher. If working to a schedule and communicating it's progress bothers you or anyone else in the payware community, perhaps freeware is the direction to go. That is all I meant with my "FS18" comment.

Perhaps the best thing FSD could do for their credibility would be to not announce the next three projects three years in advance (aka lower our expectations). Many other companies have done that...heck, there are freeware developers on this board that limit knowledge about what they are working on until they deliver it. By doing so, they completely aviod the issue of delivery expectations.

Hope that helped clarify what I was saying....

Kent :mixedsmi:

P.S. I second jmig's request: T-38 please!

N2056
October 30th, 2008, 15:02
Hey guys, I understand what you're saying...and I guess I might have sounded a bit defensive on my original offering. Certainly I was not trying to create an issue. For whatever reason it just struck a nerve...not sure why. I do have a desire to be good at what I do, and although my main job at FSD since I came onboard last May is to work on the conversions I do take the title of 'team member' seriously. To that end I find that I often bristle over topics that come up even though I have (or had) nothing to do with them :banghead:

What you guys say does make sense. I need to stay looking forward :mixedsmi:

Kent, there is one plane coming soon to FSD that is not even on the web page...at least not yet. Most of the crowd here knows what it is, and it's getting close to done (I hope) :d

ColoKent
October 30th, 2008, 15:15
...that is some GREAT news, as you guys do turn out great stuff!

[Avanti...Avanti...Avanti!]

(And no, I'm not fishing for a hint!)

Regards,

Kent :wiggle:

N2056
October 30th, 2008, 15:20
It's not in their current inventory :d

jmig
October 30th, 2008, 15:59
I think all commercial developers can take a lesson from Aerosoft and the F-16. That plane took a long time to be delivered. It missed its delivery date by at least three months.

However, Aerosoft kept feeding us pictures and tidbits of what was going on. That was enough to feed the wolves at the door. People waited. Some even thanked Aerosoft for waiting to get it right.

All the pictures and forum posts (something like 47 pages) built up desire and hunger for the plane. When it came out, you could hardly download it because of all the purchases trying to download at the same time.

Jim Goldman
October 30th, 2008, 16:27
Guys:

Please give us a break.. we are trying to do something different with our soon to come releases.

Robert can attest to some of the reasons we have delayed the C115.. and this is to accomodate request for added features and improvements. I think Robert can add to this as well as he asked me to carry out a change that I have to agree has added deapth to the project. The Commander hopefully will be something very different indeed.

The Jetstar was basically complete for FS9 but it was a group agreement to convert the whole product to FSX SP2 and take advantage of the new technologies. As to releaase date... I will have the Jetstar into FSX in about three months after the C115 comes out and I suppose the JSII will see the light of day towards the middle of the year.

As for the Talon.... this is not a priority, but if I can find a few minutes I will do some work on it and see if Tim can update the avionics... BUT this is not a promise.... we have to many other projects in the oven as Robert has already mentioned.

After the release of the Commander the new Navajo will follow. Hopefully followed by Robert's Thorp and the the Seneca, the Jetstar, and the Porters followed by the 337/O2A and then others. Next year will be very busy for all of us here at FSD and WE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN.

Best and Regards

Jim

N2056
October 30th, 2008, 16:29
Uh-Oh...the boss is in the house :d

heywooood
October 30th, 2008, 16:48
I look forward to all FSX products and developements - this is a great place to discuss them...sometimes people let their passion get the best of them.

Try not to get upset - we are here to enjoy this hobby together...

Believe me - I have my own personal wants and desires for FSX and beyond.. and part of the frustration some people are expressing might really be related to their own inability to contribute - IE: I'd love to be able to create the things I'd most like to see in FSX and am slightly frustrated at having to wait for others to do the work. This makes it easy to be hyper critical at times of the addons if and when they do come along and thats not fair to the guys who did the work.

Thanks to all who work to make FSX better by providing either for pay or for free - the addons that the rest of us are 'pressing' for..:ernae:

kilo delta
October 30th, 2008, 16:52
Looking forward to the T-38 too :kilroy::costumes:

ColoKent
October 30th, 2008, 17:01
...I agree with jmig-- if you're going to announce a project, keep the tidbits coming. Aerosoft is a good example of a company that has done a reasonable job of whetting people's appetites.

And an earlier poster had a great point-- we all (me included) need to pinch ourselves once in a while and remember this is a game we are talking about, and to put it all in the right perspective.

K.

jmig
October 30th, 2008, 18:05
...I agree with jmig-- if you're going to announce a project, keep the tidbits coming. Aerosoft is a good example of a company that has done a reasonable job of whetting people's appetites.

And an earlier poster had a great point-- we all (me included) need to pinch ourselves once in a while and remember this is a game we are talking about, and to put it all in the right perspective.

K.

GAME? GAME?? You dare use the "G" word in here. Kids play games. We fly simulators!

:costumes:

Ok off to fly my gam...simulator.

Panther_99FS
October 30th, 2008, 18:11
Thanks for the update Jim...:mixedsmi:

Prowler1111
October 30th, 2008, 18:54
OUCH! the "G" word..that canīt be good....

Prowler

ColoKent
October 30th, 2008, 19:00
...I have to tell myself it's a game every so often-- or I'll spend every spare second in FSX flying my Neptunes out of KSLI on a sunny morning.

Kent

ColoKent
December 27th, 2008, 08:09
I just bought the MicroSim T-37 Tweet (FS9, since an FSX compatible version is not available).

That thing is GREAT!

I wish the Microsim guys would do some tweaking (because I don't see a HUGE number of things wrong with the airplane in FSX that probably couldn't be patched....I ABSOLUTELY do not feel the airplane would need to be rebuilt. Basically, from playing with it in FSX, I've found that the intake spoilers do not retract and extend automatically (as they do in FS9), and there are guage issues that prevent the engines from running, and most instruments from working.

Visually though, the T-37 is a STUNNER in FSX. I'd LOVE to super-detail a a bare metal 1960's ATC version. The T-37 was born to be BARE METAL in my mind.

This thing is great...now if we could just get it in FSX!

Kent

jmig
December 27th, 2008, 08:51
I just bought the MicroSim T-37 Tweet (FS9, since an FSX compatible version is not available).

That thing is GREAT!

I wish the Microsim guys would do some tweaking (because I don't see a HUGE number of things wrong with the airplane in FSX that probably couldn't be patched....I ABSOLUTELY do not feel the airplane would need to be rebuilt. Basically, from playing with it in FSX, I've found that the intake spoilers do not retract and extend automatically (as they do in FS9), and there are guage issues that prevent the engines from running, and most instruments from working.

Visually though, the T-37 is a STUNNER in FSX. I'd LOVE to super-detail a a bare metal 1960's ATC version. The T-37 was born to be BARE METAL in my mind.

This thing is great...now if we could just get it in FSX!

Kent

:ques: I don't recall that plane having movable intake spoilers. You were lucky if you could get the plane to go fast enough to fly, much less worry about air compression in the intakes.

Seriously, it was a good little plane in which to learn to fly. You really had to work hard at killing yourself (although I once did try) and the abuse that thing could take. Ouch! LOL Some day I will have to tell you guys how the instructor got me to stop letting the nose gear touch down on T & GOs. :d

Smudge
December 27th, 2008, 08:57

Ian P.

Good news Ian,

Thanks to Felix, I've got a neat program which allows me to 'capture' 3d meshes from FS9.. Good news is that I now have my Goshawk & Harrier in 3DS Max.. ;)

So next year you'll likely see an FSX Native Harrier GR7 package, freeware or payware has yet to be decided, although the external model is nice enough to do a new payware pack with a new VC...

So many things, so little time.

VaporZ
December 27th, 2008, 10:02
A very good news indeed Smudge but .......

What about a full brand new FSX AV-8B Plus ( Radar Equipped ) with colors for :

Us Marine Corps
Spanish "Armada"
and
Italian "Marina"

Let us Know !

Greetings !
:mixedsmi: ( I check my six )
VaporZ

N332DW
December 27th, 2008, 10:41
... MU-2 ,, didn't PAD (Priemier Aircraft Design) just release their freeware FSX MU-2 - i was suprised no one mentioned it

Bjoern
December 28th, 2008, 09:36
Thanks to Felix, I've got a neat program which allows me to 'capture' 3d meshes from FS9.. Good news is that I now have my Goshawk & Harrier in 3DS Max.. ;)

*Gasp*

So it's theoretically just capture, re-texture, re-animate and compile?!?

This would be the perfect solution for a personal-level conversion of FS8/9 scenery...

Milton Shupe
December 28th, 2008, 10:00
*Gasp*

This would be the perfect solution for a personal-level conversion of FS8/9 scenery...

Yes, well, you may also have to deal with gauges and effects. :mixedsmi:

Bjoern
December 28th, 2008, 10:03
Yes, well, you may also have to deal with gauges and effects. :mixedsmi:

Not in sceneries....well...except effects maybe... ;)

IanP
December 28th, 2008, 10:14
In models where they gauges already work fine, however, I could see that it might have uses...

The big difference, though, is that you still won't have a fully interactive VC in aircraft - every one of those functions would still need to be assigned, animated, connected to functions... There'd still be a heck of a lot of work on an aircraft. Less so on scenery, potentially.

Ian P.

vstudios
December 28th, 2008, 11:56
any new warbirds :D

Wings of Gold
December 28th, 2008, 13:20
Before the previous comment is too far gone, we really DO need a T-33 in FSX. Piglet's fs9 version might be too old (I noticed he has not converted it like many of his other ones), so perhaps a new FSX one? Would you please consider it?

Bill

simkid22
December 28th, 2008, 13:48
With this new capture utility it sounds like the T-33 can be brought up to FSX standards if one was willing to do so.

spotlope
December 28th, 2008, 14:52
Unless this is a different capture program from the one I'm familiar with, it's more trouble than it's worth. Easier to just go ahead and tweak the original source files. And if you don't have those, then it's not legal anyway.

Smudge
December 28th, 2008, 15:56
Bill,

The program does raise questions regarding 'legitimate use' although for me, who has lost of LOT of early work (backing up one 500+ meg zip file full of gmax source to a CD wasn't my SMARTEST move!) means it's great.

Essentially it grabs the exterior model only, and the UV Mapping, however I still have to reanimate and remake the VC, but damn, that's a lot less work than starting from scratch. Wether the goshawk and harrier will make it into FSX is anyones guess, but it does open the door for me to rework some older classics up to current standards.. :)

I suppose though that with some more complex models, it can be more trouble than its worth though, fortunately my earlier work and 'complex' didn't really go hand in hand..lol

Piglet
December 28th, 2008, 17:31
My T-33 was one of my last FSDS (I no longer use FSDS) planes. So IF I make a FSX T-Bird,
it will have to be all new.
Since I'm freeware, my schedule is guided by the Pig Spirits, and as such, there are no set planes or schedules for future releases.
So don't take this post as any future plans by me:wavey:

pointy31
December 28th, 2008, 18:00
Tim, we'll be thrilled with whatever the Pig Spirits, or any other "spirits" decide...:costumes:

n4gix
December 28th, 2008, 19:08
*Gasp*

You left out one important step: re-assemble... :costumes:

You see, the 'capture program' only manages to grab the mesh by "draw calls," meaning for any given aircraft, you will have what amounts to a giant mish-mash of mesh, with completely unrelated parts welded together simply because they happened to share space on the same Material in the model... :isadizzy:

For scenery, it would be worse, since the only way to capture it would be from a top down view in the sim, then you'd have everything on screen captured into one gigantic mess of mesh... including a/i aircraft, terrain, et cetera...

Smudge
December 28th, 2008, 19:13
Bill posts a very valid point.. :)

MCDesigns
December 28th, 2008, 19:23
Unless this is a different capture program from the one I'm familiar with, it's more trouble than it's worth. Easier to just go ahead and tweak the original source files. And if you don't have those, then it's not legal anyway.

I have to agree, yet another tool that "can" be used for ill gotten gains in the wrong hands, of which there are many in the community.
While I can see the benefits such as what David has pointed out, I can also see the many downsides.

Smudge
December 28th, 2008, 19:52
Which is why I've not mentioned the name of said tool. :) From my point of view, it saves me valuable time because I don't have to recreate the mesh, and in my situation, I don't have my original source files...they were lost to the sands of time (and a silly mistake on my end.) BTW< didn't mean to hijack the thread.. :S which it seems I've done.

Mathias
December 28th, 2008, 21:37
You left out one important step: re-assemble... :costumes:

You see, the 'capture program' only manages to grab the mesh by "draw calls," meaning for any given aircraft, you will have what amounts to a giant mish-mash of mesh, with completely unrelated parts welded together simply because they happened to share space on the same Material in the model... :isadizzy:

That sounds pretty much like pirating and hacker software to me.

Smudge
December 28th, 2008, 22:52
Hmm, quite a tricky stance that one. Definately if you use it for illegal purposes such as grabbing other peoples software for your personal use or reverse engineering then yes, definately. Using it to retreive your own lost work, is another matter.

I'd compare it to say a tape player... it has the capability to record or capture copyrighted materials, much like this software. Many people used to tape music from the radio etc.

The illegal use aspect comes from the user, not the software. Damn those grey areas..lol.

Kind of like torrent software really. Whilst it is designed and developed for legitimate file sharing use, (and it is well used in that respect) the illegal activity of them often overshadows the legitimate use aspect, which is a shame, but such is life.

Mathias
December 28th, 2008, 23:08
Hehe, I kinda doubt that whoever made this utility did it to retrieve his lost source files. I have the vague suspicion that it's purpose is to capture other people's work (which is usually subject to copyright rules) in order to reuse and/or modify it. This by common definition is called pirating and hacking.
There have been times where an uproar would have gone through the community and the creator had been a persona non grata in no time.
Such is life? Yes, it is. :kilroy:

robby88
December 28th, 2008, 23:39
Hehe, I kinda doubt that whoever made this utility did it to retrieve his lost source files. I have the vague suspicion that it's purpose is to capture other people's work (which is usually subject to copyright rules) in order to reuse and/or modify it. This by common definition is called pirating and hacking.
There have been times where an uproar would have gone through the community and the creator had been a persona non grata in no time.
Such is life? Yes, it is. :kilroy:

I'm not quite sure
http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=ModelConverterX

It comes with a licence which prohibits hacking other's work.

I doubt very much that it was designed with hacking others' work in mind. It's developer is a leading developer of MS scenery add-ons and an MS MVP.

There is another utility that works with Blender. I believe it's a bit limited too. It's been mentioned in various dev forums too.

I always think it's a good idea to start models afresh if one accidentaly trashes one. The result is usually much better than the original and does not take much longer then converting an old model. I can see the benefit of this type of tool if one wants to update an old FS2004 scenery project to FSX standards.

Mathias
December 28th, 2008, 23:44
I'm not quite sure
http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=ModelConverterX

It comes with a licence which prohibits hacking other's work.

I doubt very much that it was designed with hacking others' work in mind. It's developer is a leading developer of MS scenery add-ons and an MS MVP.

There is another utility that works with Blender. I believe it's a bit limited too. It's been mentioned in various dev forums too.

I always think it's a good idea to start models afresh if one accidentaly trashes one. The result is usually much better than the original and does not take much longer then converting an old model. I can see the benefit of this type of tool if one wants to update an old FS2004 scenery project to FSX standards.

Ah ok, thanks Rob, I missed that one.
Still I don't see why such a tool should be publically available.

stiz
December 28th, 2008, 23:47
i dont think thats the 'capture program' there talking about robby :wavey:

If its the 'capture program' i'm thinking off then a really cool use of it is to view the game in wireframe mode :)

Bjoern
December 29th, 2008, 06:35
For scenery, it would be worse, since the only way to capture it would be from a top down view in the sim, then you'd have everything on screen captured into one gigantic mess of mesh... including a/i aircraft, terrain, et cetera...

Aww damn!

So no change from either "pretty please" for the source files or remodeling the mesh and using the textures for personal use with optional "pretty please" to the developer in case of public release.

joanvalley
January 4th, 2009, 13:05
T-38...

I started one months ago and after joining a well known and respectable military add-on company, the boss and I decided to go for something a little less complicated to get my skills sharpen a bit more, right after we decided on a sailplane, BOOM! I had a car accident, I hurt my back and right knee and I'm just waiting for the Doc's test results to see if I can go back to spend endless hours sitting in front of the desktop designing ( I haven't even let my boss know about this but he'll understand ). I don't want to say I'm done with modelling but who knows. I just can't use the program to model with my laptop (which I'm currently using with a beer by my side and comfortably laying on my bed ). I just hope I can go back... I was lucky.

Here's a look at it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/joanvalley/T3801.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/joanvalley/T3802.jpg

BTW, the boss is around, so I'll keep it down ok? I agree that a FSX T-38 is very much needed. I don't know if my model will ever see the FS lights, right now I'm just hoping to get back in the saddle! oh... and If I do, I think I'll migrate to gmax once and for all.

Feliz Aņo Nuevo a todos,

Jose.

Panther_99FS
January 4th, 2009, 13:13
Welcome To Sim-Outhouse Joan!
:ernae:

MCDesigns
January 5th, 2009, 00:59
Sorry to hear about your accident Jose, that has got to suck. Great model, nice lines, hope it does see the light and you get a speedy and full recovery. :ernae:

joanvalley
January 5th, 2009, 13:55
Thank you guys!

Well, It's been months since that accident, the doc's getting back to work this week and that means time for new studies and stuff, so I guess I'll know soon how bad it is. After these two months of being served food in bed and pampered, the inflamation has gone. Maybe I could fake it for a good month or so more, just to get that kind of attention from my wife and kids uh! I have faith I'll be all right, I have faith in the good Lord.

Jose.