PDA

View Full Version : Flying Club X

Killbilly
September 29th, 2008, 06:51
Let me get this straight. If I have a boxed copy of JustFlight's Flying Club X (which contains FSX "compatible" FS9 models), I can download a free upgrade from JustFlight that will bring all the models up to full FSX standards?
Anyone know this for sure?

woody901
September 29th, 2008, 06:58
I have the flying club boxed set and have upgraded. Try here
http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=180&supportProductName=Flying%20Club/Flying%20Club%20X%20(BOXED%20VERSIONS)

Killbilly
September 29th, 2008, 07:05
Thanks for the Zippy reply. How are the FSX models? Are you happy with the conversions?

woody901
September 29th, 2008, 07:22
They're good and very easy frame rates.

Killbilly
September 29th, 2008, 07:27
:ernae:

IanHenry
September 29th, 2008, 08:44
Yes Killbilly,
Go over to the JustFlight site and download the free update!
And yes the models are some of the best "grass roots" aircraft in FSX now

Regards,
Ian

Killbilly
September 29th, 2008, 09:47
Actually, I have another (possibly stupid) question. These updates change the models from FS9 models (MDL8) to "true" FSX models (MDLX), right?

The Just Flight site says that these aircraft "have now all been fully updated to the latest FSX SP2 and DX10 Preview standards." It also states that they are SP2 and DX10 "compatible". I don't like the word "compatible" much. I also can't find any screenshots showing self-shadowing. Do they mean "true" FSX SP2 when they say "compatible"?

Sorry to be annoying, but I'm thinking about buying the boxed set (I found one in a local store), and I don't want to spend money on MDL8 models anymore.

IanHenry
September 29th, 2008, 11:47
I use the aircraft in DX10 mode. I also helped out with BETA testing of this product. I would say buy the boxed set, you will not be disappointed. The frame rates etc are excellent, you get four aircraft (or four plus one helicopter if it’s the Flying Club X set) and they are all great little aircraft, all full FSX with the update and I particularly recommend the Cessna C152.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Ian <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>