PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Field, Wash.

falcon409
December 7th, 2009, 18:48
This is a nice small private field in Chehalis, Washington. Kind of unique in that it has a small bridge that hits about midfield, lol. The info I found on it states that the rwy is 2000' sod, but the aerial clearly shows a section that appears to be asphalt and the rwy length for the grass section in the AFCAD is not even close to 2000ft.
Anyway, it's a nice little airport that won't take a lot of time to finish and it's in Washington State, a favorite for a lot of simmers.

Gibbage
December 7th, 2009, 20:57
If the weather was better, I would offer to ride out and take pix of the area for you. Its getting REALLY cold up here. :snowman:

falcon409
December 7th, 2009, 21:16
If the weather was better, I would offer to ride out and take pix of the area for you. Its getting REALLY cold up here. :snowman:
Yea, that would be cool, but not a problem Kevin. Shoot, even here in North Texas we haven't been out of the 40's and lows in the 30's, so I know you folks are chillin', lol

oldpropfan
December 7th, 2009, 23:52
Thanks for showing Washington a little love. Will be great to add this to the FTX NA Blue when it comes out. Out here in eastern WA where I live it is supposed to get to 0 tonight with a high of 20 on Tuesday.

MCDesigns
December 8th, 2009, 01:29
Nice one Ed! That is one I wanted, but couldn't get good enough resolution when collecting data for the OZx addons for FTX PNW, looking forward to it!

Thanks for showing Washington a little love. Will be great to add this to the FTX NA Blue when it comes out. Out here in eastern WA where I live it is supposed to get to 0 tonight with a high of 20 on Tuesday.

WA will get lots of love once FTX PNW gets released. Myself, I have sat data for about 20+ airports that I want to work on, some already started and I know other devs at OZx that plan on doing some also. If you or anyone you know that lives in Wash/Oregon would love to help with contributing images, that would be a godsend, just drop me a PM.

deimos256
December 8th, 2009, 01:46
All this talk of cold weather is making me jealous. Here in FL its in the 70s and 80s and I hate every minute of it. As soon as I'm done with college im moving back to a state with seasons!

Back on track nice airport, I love flying in the NW.

MCDesigns
December 8th, 2009, 01:48
If i was retired, I'd move to Alaska. It's the "having" to go out in it to get to work that puts me off, LOL.

falcon409
December 8th, 2009, 04:06
Wow, a bit OT here, but I just noticed I went over 2000 posts "again", lol. I was there once and then the crash came and everyone got reset to "0". Another milestone, lol.:icon29:

falcon409
December 8th, 2009, 09:14
Getting closer. . .