PDA

View Full Version : Wake effect ... What the .....?

Bill Kestell
December 7th, 2009, 18:45
I tried both my PBY and my SOC-3 in my PHP2 set up and the ONLY way I can trigger the water landing effect is to key the "L".

Now, in my testbed, both these aircraft will self-generate the effect when they touch down ... but the same, copied aircraft will NOT in the PHP2 game.

Anybody got a hint on what's missing?:173go1:

Sarg Willy
December 7th, 2009, 19:13
Could be your missing Green Ghost Gauge in the other install ??

miamieagle
December 7th, 2009, 20:01
Where is the PH2 set up so I can fly in it as well.

thank you!:icon_lol:

Rockster234
December 8th, 2009, 07:39
Sounds like you download wake effect mod...................but you need the autowake mod too

See Kingfisher post for full step install

specifically.....................DAP Green Ghost Gauge needs to be in the guages folder

and need Dap guage enter in panel.cfg

I had same trouble at first with my martin mariner................thus the two mods............very confusing, and I fubar'd it further

Bill Kestell
December 8th, 2009, 11:28
Yep ... no Green Ghost Gauge in the Gauges Folder ... now just how stupid am I ... WHAT A MAROON!

Just to celebrate, I took the Cat out for a patrol of the outer islands ... didn't see anything suspicious so we "RTB'd" and landed (and were rewarded with a nice wake effect) and taxied right up to the Ford Island seaplane ramp and shut her down.

Thanks to all!:ernae:

Rockster234
December 9th, 2009, 11:35
I heard the sound of splashes...............

so......(No don't run to the bathroom......that's the sound of running water)

I had to try the PBY out for myself........

I am behind most of you...........but I had to put on UncleTgt RAF skins for a summer day in the Med ....circa 1940???? Gibraltar evening patrol

Add-ons shown:

Jean-Bomber Gibraltar
VN PBY
Hsu MDLC (I shined the PBY)
Martin Mariner Water Wake and AutoWake
UncleTgt RAF PBY Skins

bobhegf
December 9th, 2009, 12:42
Love the wake effect but how do you get the wing tip floats to retract?

Rockster234
December 9th, 2009, 14:07
Use the "D" key

I had to go thru all CFS2 animations, shift + H, Shift + E, or the above

We are limited to only a few options for things like bomb bay, cowl flaps, etc.......

In the mean time.......I fixed the dp on UncleTgt to drop depth charges......

There probably is multiple posts on this..............but just for something to browse...........(see Blowin up good disclaimer).

In this case I am attacking U901unemploymentrate