PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day (12/07/09)

Cloud9Gal
December 7th, 2009, 16:00
Alright Peeps....here's today's question: http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/signs/smiley-vault-signs-009.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Given the ability to project yourself into the future BUT not return, would you do so?
If not, would you change your mind if you could take someone along? How far would you go? (how many years ahead?)

Tako_Kichi
December 7th, 2009, 16:09
I don't know if I would want to jump into the unknown like that. However, I would seriously consider going back in time (with my current knowledge) if only to correct some of the mistakes I've made with my life over the years!

Willy
December 7th, 2009, 16:13
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to go back in time. My past mistakes help make me who I am today and I kinda like me.

As for the future, I will admit I'm curious, but I also believe that there are some things that people just don't need to know. I'm afraid that if I knew my future, I'd screw it up somehow.

Okay, re-read the question and boy did I screw that up. I don't believe I'd want to go to the future and not be able to return. Actually, we do go into the future without a means to return naturally as it is. It just takes us a lifetime to make the trip.

Kiwikat
December 7th, 2009, 16:24
I might consider jumping 5 years into the future, but no more than that. I'd really like to know where I will be working and living then... :kilroy:

GT182
December 7th, 2009, 17:10
I'm with Larry on that... back in time to correct past mistakes.

As for jumping ahead..... might be ok if you don't age or end up with an incurable disease, and a jump of no more than 10 years. But seeing all this doom and gloom about Dec 21 2012, you might end up scrod. ;)

PRB
December 7th, 2009, 17:17
I'd go two or three billion years into the future. All the continents would be different. The entire solar system would be radically altered. The sun would be about to go Red Giant on us. It would be awesome to see! Hopefully there would be somebody left so I could hitch as ride on the star ship and get the heck out of dodge, as it were, when the edge of the sun's atmosphere got within a couple thousand miles away... :d

Snuffy
December 7th, 2009, 17:24
I would need to know whether or not I'd meet myself in the future ... :monkies:

Also, how do we get there, suppose I project myself and I end up coming into the future at the same time and place that another body is at? :isadizzy:

If I could take someone ... Hmmm ... You looking for a ride C9G? :icon_lol: Lets go!

djscoo
December 7th, 2009, 17:39
nah...

Cloud9Gal
December 7th, 2009, 18:04
nah...

Short & Sweet! A man of few words....:bump:

Cloud9Gal
December 7th, 2009, 18:05
If I could take someone ... Hmmm ... You looking for a ride C9G? :icon_lol: Lets go!

Only in your wildest dreams Snuffy Doodle! :173go1:

Snuffy
December 7th, 2009, 18:55
Only in your wildest dreams Snuffy Doodle! :173go1:

Well as long as they're mine ... :bump:

lifejogger
December 7th, 2009, 19:09
No, I have to many things that I enjoy right now. Why take a chance and go to the future, you might not like what you see.

TARPSBird
December 7th, 2009, 19:19
No, I wouldn't fast-forward into the future for basically the same reason as Lifejogger. I don't have a perfect life (far from it) but I have a great family and a lot of friends right here in the present tense. And from what's been happening lately, the future doesn't look all that attractive.

Terry
December 8th, 2009, 01:33
Rod Taylor tried that and was nearly eaten. Bad trip.

kilo delta
December 8th, 2009, 03:15
Would I need one of these...

http://www.awesomeave.com/images/back-to-the-future-delorean-dmc12-time-machine-replica.jpg:icon_lol:

Seriously....no, I would not like to travel into the future. Main reason is my family....I kinda like growing older with Mrs KD :engel016: and watching my two children growing up before me is something that I really enjoy and fills me with huge pride.:)

Cazzie
December 8th, 2009, 04:05
C9G,

I am already in the future! I have always said that I was 50 years behind my time. Had I been born in 1896 instead of 1946, I could have been a WW I aviator. As it is, I am a nobody, a blip of human history, another ant at society's will.

So no, I care not for what awaits humans in the future, the present is nightmarish enough.

Caz

Toastmaker
December 8th, 2009, 04:46
I would absolutely jump at the chance to fast forward. I have no family, wife, kids to keep me here. I would immediately request 100 years advance. That way, my learning curve in 3010 would not be so steep (I think).

I've always been fascinated with the future and the various projections and guesses we make about it.

Good bye, and wish me luck ------------ :pop4:

Dain Arns
December 8th, 2009, 05:47
After seeing the movie, "Idiocracy" (Bad movie with a good point), I don't know if I want to go to the future. :icon_lol:

cheezyflier
December 8th, 2009, 06:39
After seeing the movie, "Idiocracy" (Bad movie with a good point), I don't know if I want to go to the future. :icon_lol:

hmmm, a very good point there, except for one thing. if it really were like that, i'd be smart enough to pretty much rule the world. :icon_lol:

all kidding aside, for me, the journey is the part i mostly enjoy, even though the destination is the ultimate point of it all.
no trippin out to the future for me.

Wing_Z
December 8th, 2009, 10:31
...after I die, yes.
Whoops :bump: this discussion just took a weird turn...

Odie
December 8th, 2009, 13:25
Rod Taylor tried that and was nearly eaten. Bad trip.

Yep, according to the movies, it never really works out well.....:icon_lol: but no matter where you go, there you are !

Cloud9Gal
December 8th, 2009, 16:18
Good conversation guys! I always enjoy every one's point of view. Thank you so much for participating and making this fun!
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/signs/smiley-vault-signs-102.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)