PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing planes to FSX because of damaged AIR files

golakers
December 7th, 2009, 13:45
Hi

So i uninstalled Adobe AIR and it's gone. Only problem, Which file should I use instead to run the installation succesfully because now no software is recognised to open AIR files.

thx

harleyman
December 7th, 2009, 15:24
Was not aware that Adobe AIR had a thing to do with installing FSX planes..

I always delete Adobe AIR and never had a problem installing planes..

Are you rewritting some aircraft files???

BTW... Welcome to SOH.....

jmig
December 7th, 2009, 15:32
Yes, welcome to SOH.

Air file have nothing to do with installing. They are present in the aircraft folder which is present in the SimObjects/airplanes folder.

If there is an installation file, it usually is an exe file.

On most aircraft, you move the mail folder with the air file, textures, cfg file in the SimObjects/airplanes folder. You may have to put some effects or gauges into their folders? But that is all.

Other aircraft may force you to use an exe file to install.

golakers
December 7th, 2009, 16:29
will try it out, thanx.

golakers
December 7th, 2009, 17:07
it works, at least for some planes. Thanx!

Gdavis101
December 7th, 2009, 21:09
I thought I had read some time back that Adobe Air can actually corrupt the air files in Flight Simulator..

dhazelgrove
December 7th, 2009, 23:45
Adobe uses the .AIR extension for its own purposes, and this conflicts with any FS-related program for AIR files.
The best advice is that, if you don't really need Adobe AIR, you should delete it from your system.

Dave

Lionheart
December 8th, 2009, 00:02
This should only happen to Air files if you actually open them with Adobe Air. If you leave them alone, you are fine.

To open a Flight Sim airfile, if you are curious, use the freeware Airfile editor 'AirEd.exe' (google it and I am sure you will find it). Great little program.

I have heard stories of people unable to delete planes from FSX because the airfile was corrupted. That was really wierd. I wonder if this is a Win7 thing.

Bill

harleyman
December 8th, 2009, 02:00
This should only happen to Air files if you actually open them with Adobe Air. If you leave them alone, you are fine.

To open a Flight Sim airfile, if you are curious, use the freeware Airfile editor 'AirEd.exe' (google it and I am sure you will find it). Great little program.

I have heard stories of people unable to delete planes from FSX because the airfile was corrupted. That was really wierd. I wonder if this is a Win7 thing.

Bill

I figured you had a good answer for this Bill....:applause:

dhazelgrove
December 8th, 2009, 06:18
There's also Aircraft Airfile Manager - available at flightsim.

Dave