PDA

View Full Version : Gift suggestions

jbtate
December 7th, 2009, 09:21
Got a recent e-mail from a cousin's spouse asking if I could suggest any expansion packs for FSX (or other Microsoft CFS series sims) for "Someone". I told him to tell Santa to proceed if he found something nice, but don't spend too much as there is a lot of freeware available.
I've got a fairly new computer (March '08) but have been keeping my sim installs on it pretty stock except for the CFS1 Collection CDs and a few other CFS1 and CFS2 planes. Nothing yet for CFS3 or FSX, but an open cockpit Fairchild PT - 19 or something similar for FSX sight seeing flights would be nice.
Any holiday gift suggestions for available payware that is a bargain or otherwise highly recommended?
jbtate

cheezyflier
December 7th, 2009, 10:46
well, depends what you're into, really.
in my opinion lionheart's kodiak quest is a must have. it's the swiss army knife of airplanes, and there are a gajillion paints available for it.
i challenge anyone to show me a better value for fsx models.
if you like g/a stuff, everything by carenado is good, and they're on sale right now for 30% off!
the flight 1 P-38 is pretty cool, also the LIC christen eagle is pretty awesome. beats the heck out of any other stunt flyer i ever flew (in fsx, that is)
me, if i had a computer that wasn't from the dark ages, i would buy a weather package. ask the guys, they can tell you the best one.

harleyman
December 7th, 2009, 13:22
PCAviator will do gift certs.....